Don't move library

Dec 19, 2010 Full story: Northwest Herald 11

Marengo, where do you want your library? It has come as an extreme surprise to many that the library could be moved to a pole-barn building on Marengo's eastern edge, far away from our community's center, where convenient access exists for all – young and old, handicapped and able, away from the amenities that our downtown area provides.

Full Story
1906House

Fontana, WI

#2 Dec 20, 2010
......and who would choose the tackiest metal building for their library??
Oh yeah, Marengo.:-(
Pumpkin

Saint Charles, IL

#3 Dec 25, 2010
I've seen your slum house. Tacky would be a compliment.
Catherine

Lake In The Hills, IL

#4 Feb 4, 2011
its funny that of the comments posted none of you live in marengo.
the move would ensure a library right next to both schools allowing acces to thos ewho most need it STUDENTS. the building although not recreeationally used as a library suits its needs and would be handiucapped accesable. this move would allow a library 6X's the size of the library we have right now with 12 new adult computers. as to the comment of knocking down a wall to the building next door the library has multiple health code violations as of now and knocking down a wall would require a passed referendum which no one would pass because we dont have the money. the library board put enough fore thought into this that the move would not cost us a penny. so dont go running your mouth on something you dont understand!
Publius

Bronx, NY

#5 Feb 8, 2011
Catherine,

You can't judge a person's true residence by what Topix says. Mine says Atlanta because of how my internet connection works. I live in Marengo.

The Micelli location is neither 'next' to both schools nor is it convenient for students to use. There are no sidewalks linking the schools and residential areas to the Micelli building. While the 'downtown' building isn't the best, kids can at least safely walk to it.
Uncle Dewey

Twin Lakes, WI

#6 Feb 9, 2011
What is being housed at the old Strahorn building. Would it be possible to re-aquire that building and designate it as perhaps the computer center and maybe the place for programs and the such. It's about a two minute walk from the present library!
Publius

Bronx, NY

#8 Feb 18, 2011
Skinny,

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have my kids (3rd & 5th graders) walking in the roadway to get to the library, ESPECIALLY that close to the high school. The city would need to compel several property owners to put in sidewalks that do not currently exist.
Mgoman

Mchenry, IL

#9 Feb 18, 2011
Come in from the bikepath.Another thing id won't this be a property removed from the tax base?

“Let's set the record straight!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 22, 2011
I don't think moving the library to the far eastern edge of town is going to be good for anybody. Libraries need to be centally located for all members of town to use.

Seems to me there will be less need for books in the coming years anyways, as they will be made available online through your new tablet gadgets and the like.

Sounds like more political incompetence by our leaders in Marengo.
Urban dictionary -Marengo

United States

#14 Feb 26, 2011
How many people have had their faces punched or leg broken by this blow-hard??? One would think a police report would have been filed...

United States

#16 Feb 26, 2011
So your "list" of "got punched in the face" and "had your leg broke" (past IMAGINARY tense) is HOW LONG?

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2011
So the list you decribed is a list of 0 to maybe 3. Wow you're a tough guy "behind a computer"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodstock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sleepless in LITH Jan 26 jumponit 1
Low morning Hum or rumble Jan 26 sleepless 1
McHenry police searching for robbery suspect Jan 25 Bponch1234 1
anyone know whats going on in the target parkin... Jan 24 Bponch1234 1
anyone know whats going on by the target in mch... Jan 24 Bponch1234 1
2 get prison for Lakemoor beating, robbery Jan 13 sassymom 2
Police Reports: Island Lake, Crystal Lake, Wood... (Mar '08) Nov '14 armpit of America 40

Winter Storm Watch for McHenry County was issued at January 30 at 10:37AM CST

Woodstock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Woodstock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:24 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:24PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet