Search continues for missing woman

Jun 2, 2010 Full story: Mt. Vernon Register-News 41

Friends and family of a Woodstock woman are hoping the public can help find out what has happened to her - after having gone missing since May 23.

Full Story
Guess Who

Nevada, MO

#23 Feb 27, 2011
The sad fact is that since Beth has went missing just about everyone has now stood accused. From her husband who was at home with their ten year old that weekend....to all of her friends. To even the pizza man that made their pizza. There are many facts. Beth rented a car and put her car in her BF's garage. She told her husband that she and her friend were going to visit her BF's grandmother. Instead they went to Mt. Vernon to visit her BF's boyfriend and his 19yr old brother. The four of them went out to eat at the Frosty Mug. The 19 yr old ordered a drink and he was carded. We know that they went to a convenience store for cigs..they went to the lake and rented a boat. The person that helped them name was not given out. But he confirmed that they were there with other people. They ordered a pizza from Beth's phone. Whether they picked it up or not is still not confirmed. Her BF said they picked it up. The pizza place said they did not. Not facts. Her BF stated she dropped Beth off near the train station to meet someone. This has not been proven or dis-proven. Fact her BF came home in the car that Beth rented without Beth. Her Son and her Husband reported her missing when she didn't come home. This is when he found out she had not went to her BF's grandmother's that she went to Mt. Vernon instead. This is also when he found out about the other things. All of Beth's friends have now stood accused most of them innocent bystanders. Her Husband has now stood accused. The neighbors. The pizza man and others that have been helping to find Beth. It is amazing to me without facts how quick people are to point fingers and to wag tongues.....I know this is interesting to many people. Beth was or is a beautiful woman that has a delightful personaltiy. She also had many problems like the rest of us. She wasn't Lilly white. She wasn't a horrible person. Her friends aren't perfect nor is her husband. Because of the things that have now come out about her and her family it seems that it is fair game to start pointing fingers. If people don't behave the way we do then people just assume that they did it..and assumptions make a ass out of all of us. Facts are what is needed. Yes this needs to be in the public eye so that everyone who knows anything or might have seen Beth that weekend will come forward. So you have to shift through the stuff. You also have to put the family and friends through more to find anything that might lead to her. If the family hasn't been through and her friends haven't been through enough now they have complete strangers calling them killers. Stop ......Just help find Beth. Let the police figure out who did what. They are professionals we are not.......Spread the word don't spread the gossip.....
Guess Who

Nevada, MO

#24 Feb 27, 2011
One more fact. One of Beth's Son's has written a letter on Face Book asking people to quit pointing fingers at his step Father. He also told who he felt had some of the answers. So give it a break. Pointing fingers has hurt his step father's business, hurt him personally in just about every way a person can be hurt. Wagging fingers and wagging mouths because people feel absolutely justified saying whatever they want regardless if it is based on facts. One of Beth's friends told me she is afraid to take her children out in public because complete stranger accuse her. Another one says people have approached her at work and have accused her. The missing person's business is a very hard thing for these families to go through. Everyone feels justified pointing fingers and ruining reputations. But can't we be interested and helpful other ways? Like spreading the word? Hunting in remote area's sharing facts?
sorry

Chicago, IL

#25 Feb 28, 2011
so sad
Robert Nicholas

United States

#26 Feb 28, 2011
I think its really sad.
How can a woman go missing
And not Leave any trace ?
I hope thet find her and
Hope she is alright.
If Foul play is involved
I hope they find out who
harmed her and they get the same punish they did to her
CrystalLaker

Glen Ellyn, IL

#27 Mar 1, 2011
Guess Who wrote:
...It is amazing to me without facts how quick people are to point fingers and to wag tongues.......and assumptions make a ass out of all of us.....Spread the word don't spread the gossip.....
It's all quite amazing. Did you know the missing woman? Why are you accusing her or anyone else of lying? Why do you spread this kind of gossip and wag your tongue? Nice rant, Guess Who in Springfield.
Wowsers

Mchenry, IL

#28 Mar 1, 2011
Woopie do da! Holy crap this freak Guess Who is the same person that impersonates others!Guess Who calls searchers here and pretends to be Beth's friends.Guess Who has a sister that makes up alibis for some of the POI.Guess Who is well we know.
TopSec

Arlington Heights, IL

#29 Mar 1, 2011
Guess Who sounds like a nutcase. She doesn't know this missing woman and tries to speak with authority. Guess Who needs a life.
a mom too

Mchenry, IL

#30 Jul 22, 2011
What I have found interesting is instead of the husband grieving, he was really busy making a beautiful backyard... I know if I was worried about my spouse's disappearance my concern would not be the backyard... just saying it seems a little fishy to me...

“Let's set the record straight!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#31 Jul 25, 2011
I guess at some point you stop looking?! I don't know, but the search for my wife would NEVER stop until I had answers and closure!
Lucy

Nixa, MO

#32 Jul 28, 2011
No no updates. But you need to know that on facebook there are many nuts with nothing else to do than point fingers at anyone that moves. And all of them seem to find each other....go figure. If anyone really wants to help send prayers to the family and insist on a search team. And if anyone does know anyone that has cadaver dogs please let someone know if they would want to be of assist. Beth's family needs all the help they can get. She has two grown sons, they are young and a little boy that is 11 yrs old. They need support and love of the community. Anyone can say what they want and hurt the family which they have over and over. But I guess these women have nothing better to do than come up with conspiracy theories of people. And they post this nonsense.

“Let's set the record straight!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#33 Jul 28, 2011
@ Lucy: If there WAS a body to be found, it would have turned up by now. A search team in that part of the state will not turn up much of anything that hasn't already been overturned. It is incredible, the amount of women and children, & yes some men, that dissappear on a DAILY basis. And with each new name, it seems yesterday's missing person gets less and less attention. I went to school with Beth, and I guess we have to wait this one out too... Prayers for the family.
The Cav Man

Albion, IL

#34 Feb 15, 2012
I still live in Olney
I did live in Salem at one time.
Centrailia is just a rock throw away.
Sheryll

Nixa, MO

#35 Feb 15, 2012
The fact is whether we agree or not everyone is on Beth's side. Everyone wants her found.
Except the people that knows she's missing.
Fact I never called the boat rental.
But mistakes and fighting and fussing you bet I made mistakes. I also stopped. I can't stop the differences or the ugliness that keeps going on.
What I have learned that many people even those who don't like me also didn't know Beth. But they keep posting because they care. But the war goes on because you don't agree except that you also want Beth found.
What I have learned is I don't know the truth about what happen to her. If her friend dropped her off I don't know if she did or didn't. The people she was around I don't know if they were good or bad or what. I don't know much of anything.
I know that Beth's disappearance has hurt her children and they in pain. And her son has asked for the ugliness to stop. He doesn't want any more pain. And that is all I am asking you to do. It doesn't matter to me what you think about me. If this were your children in this position how would you want people to treat them? You would want
them protected. Beth would want you to protect her children. That I am willing to bet my life on.
I only ask you to keep caring and keep looking. Beth's children whether you agree with their thoughts be respectful of them. They don't deserve to be hurt they are truly innocent. They are the only ones.
I won't fight with you because it's never a win win. It keeps going on. I have no reason to hurt anyone else. There has been enough fighting I give up. All the fighting and hurting has done nothing but hurt others. It hasn't brought Beth home. It hasn't brought those responsible to the Police. No charges have been filed it hasn't helped on single thing. Except to hurt people who don't agree with each other.
What it has done is hurt others children not just Beth's but several people. One which she tried to defend her mother and was attacked by mean people. It has made others protect their children. Protect theirselves. I have learned that none of this has helped Beth or her family. I also don't care what you believe or who's side your on because none of this has made a single difference. All it does is continues. I very seldom post anything anymore because none of it has made a difference. I am not on the side of anybody if it means taking sides. I am on the side that finds Beth and brings her home. I am on the side of her children. I want the people who are responsible brought to justice and it doesn't matter who it is. I want the police to find evidence and if someone gives them that information or evidence I will be grateful. I will continue to pray for LE to find what they need and the tools they need to find her. I will continue to pray for Beth and her family. That is all that is left. Because winning here isn't about being right or justified it is about bringing Beth home. To each of you that want to keep this fight going why? It hasn't changed one thing. And I wish each of you the best. Whether you agree or like me it no longers matter.....much peace and peace to Beth's family they deserve it.
TimeSlipsAway

Ozark, MO

#36 Nov 21, 2012
No, Beth Bentley has never been found. The 3rd Thanksgiving she won't be spending with her 3 sons, Dad or family. How sad and how quickly forgotten.
Sheryll

Ozark, MO

#37 Nov 21, 2012
No she is still missing.
Find Beth

Washington, IN

#38 Nov 22, 2012
Law Enforcement is not doing their job
Robert Nicholas wrote:
I think its really sad.
How can a woman go missing
And not Leave any trace ?
I hope thet find her and
Hope she is alright.
If Foul play is involved
I hope they find out who
harmed her and they get the same punish they did to her
centralia

Mount Vernon, IL

#39 Apr 9, 2013
Beth Bentley and her so called friend, Jennifer wyatt-paplham a real piece of shit and low life white trash! went to mt Vernon, il so the whore could see her low life white trash boyfriend and his brother. After doing drugs and drinking. Wyatt said she than took bently back to Centralia, il so she could catch a amtrack train back home. amtrack has no records of her or ever buying a ticket !Fact. And Jennifer wyatt-paplham was arrested and charged with 2 counts of obstructing justice. Fact!

“Common sense isn't common”

Since: Dec 12

Sesser IL

#40 Apr 11, 2013
centralia wrote:
Beth Bentley and her so called friend, Jennifer wyatt-paplham a real piece of shit and low life white trash! went to mt Vernon, il so the whore could see her low life white trash boyfriend and his brother. After doing drugs and drinking. Wyatt said she than took bently back to Centralia, il so she could catch a amtrack train back home. amtrack has no records of her or ever buying a ticket !Fact. And Jennifer wyatt-paplham was arrested and charged with 2 counts of obstructing justice. Fact!
Why would they think they could buy a ticket in Centralia? The only stations with actual ticket agents are in Carbondale and Champaign-Urbana, until your reach suburban Chicago. My wife and I take the train to Chicago on a regular basis, and you either have to buy your ticket online or through a travel agent.
yessir

Centralia, IL

#41 Mar 3, 2014
they need to watch out for the losers ryan ridge and Nathan ridge too !
Sheryll

Nixa, MO

#42 Mar 3, 2014
Mary Beth wrote:
Have they found this woman yet? Last post was Dec 7, 2010.
No she is still missing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodstock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MCHS cheerleading Tue concerned mother 1
Do Not Steal Our Id's For Free Ride!!!!!!!!! Feb 8 Katie 1
Sleepless in LITH Jan '15 jumponit 1
Low morning Hum or rumble Jan '15 sleepless 1
McHenry police searching for robbery suspect Jan '15 Bponch1234 1
anyone know whats going on in the target parkin... Jan '15 Bponch1234 1
anyone know whats going on by the target in mch... Jan '15 Bponch1234 1
Woodstock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web