Switzerland of Ohio school district l...

Switzerland of Ohio school district levy

Posted in the Woodsfield Forum

ee cummings

Orange, VA

#1 Aug 28, 2013
Which way should I vote? Is the school district being managed by competent individuals... Or is its failure due to years of poor planing and execution. Are the majority of teachers diligent professionals trying to prepare our youth for success... Or just "friends and family" hires... Just collecting a pay check. Should a public employee enjoy health benefits without average shared cost and responsibility... While myself and many other hard working residents pay either a large portion or all of our health care cost. Should we continue to support a system and culture that fosters a belief that a large amount of time and resources are to be spent on games and playing (sports)... While there is complete indifference toward the arts and the sciences. Should I support a system that makes common practice of re-hiring unproductive retired teachers to double dip while their may be a non "friend and family" that is qualified for the job. When will we stop hiring coaches and then fix them up with a "teaching" position... For instance... Special Ed, speech, guidance counselor, etc. When will we stop hiring unqualified individuals that don't hold the proper education, certification, and licensing that is required for their position. Maybe we should hire people interested and passionate about those areas to actually teach and guide... Just a thought of how to make better use of our resources.
This levy has failed once... Yet the only people getting vocal about it are the ones supporting the already once failed levy. We're are the voices of the people who don't support it... Are they afraid of voicing their reasoning... in fear of making a friend, family member, or neighbor mad at them. For those who support the levy... How can you get others to support something when you have silent friends and family members that won't even support you.
If you want us to pay more money... Tell us what you are going to do with it. Don't use scare campaigns like... There will be no more sports (ok, we will have them this year, but we really mean it next year)...We are going to have to shut down your school...etc. Seriously. Don't play us as fools... Even Fox News would consider the amount misinformation and garbage as a masterpiece of deception.
Please tell us why we should support or not support this levy.
Timmy Tightwad

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jan 12, 2016
I hear that the super is a douche..Is that true?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beer Fri mike 1
Vote for Donald J Trump Oct 19 MAGA 1
Jeff Beaver union president Oct 19 Concerned Citizen 2
What's the deal with the guy who walks around r... Oct 18 Benny 4
southern fires football coach (Dec '15) Oct 18 laughing 80
Racine cop assaults citizen Oct 18 Roach 5
memorial (Sep '15) Oct 17 Just B 4

Woodsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance