I-55 interchange plans concern Plainf...

I-55 interchange plans concern Plainfield Village Board

There are 24 comments on the The Herald-News story from Aug 10, 2011, titled I-55 interchange plans concern Plainfield Village Board. In it, The Herald-News reports that:

Concerned with traffic in Will County, federal and state governments are looking at potential improvements to relieve congestion on Interstate 55.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Herald-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxed

Plainfield, IL

#1 Aug 10, 2011
The concerns are well founded. Plainfield traffic is bad enough now. An interchange would do nothing but make it worse.
Wesglen Guy

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Aug 10, 2011
Plainfield's traffic has been getting worse for decades that they continue to do little about it. Enough is enough... old Plainfield continues to hold up traffic relief for everyone else that lives in the region. I'm sorry but its time that something was done about it already. The traffic is already bad and getting worse. An interchange won't make it worse... it will make it better.
Taxed wrote:
The concerns are well founded. Plainfield traffic is bad enough now. An interchange would do nothing but make it worse.
Old Plainfield Grandkid

Downers Grove, IL

#3 Aug 10, 2011
Quit your complaining about "old Plainfield" since they are far outnumbered and, more often than not, welcome anyone who wants to be part of the community. Blame some of the elected officials in the last 50 years if you want, but few residents--new or old--have stepped up to the plate (or even vote) to make a difference and many who have tried don't stick around very long with the numbskulls that get elected.
squirrel getting a nut

Bolingbrook, IL

#4 Aug 10, 2011
Old Plainfield Grandkid wrote:
Quit your complaining about "old Plainfield" since they are far outnumbered and, more often than not, welcome anyone who wants to be part of the community. Blame some of the elected officials in the last 50 years if you want, but few residents--new or old--have stepped up to the plate (or even vote) to make a difference and many who have tried don't stick around very long with the numbskulls that get elected.
So you agree
Carlito

Roselle, IL

#5 Aug 10, 2011
Most of the traffic problems in Plainfield are due to contstruction. The population explosion is over and trending the other direction. There is no need for this in 2011
lol

Bolingbrook, IL

#6 Aug 11, 2011
It's the blacks and beaners fault
Oak Lawn

United States

#7 Aug 11, 2011
Carlito wrote:
Most of the traffic problems in Plainfield are due to contstruction. The population explosion is over and trending the other direction. There is no need for this in 2011
No need???? They have open up 59 and traffic still suks. Have you ever gone down 126 at 5pm and try to get to Rt 59.
lucky

Naperville, IL

#8 Aug 11, 2011
The problem is that the village officials are more worried about annexing additional property on the west side of Plainfield for more property taxes, instead of modifiying existing infrastructure.
Before I die, here is what I would like to see:
1) 143rd extension from Essington Road to Ridge Rd.
(Bypass all the grumpy people living off 135th in Lakelands).
2) Rt 126 being 4 lane rd between I55 and Rt 59
3) some kind of new artery east of Rt59 between Renwick and Plainfield Rd.
You might agree, you might not.
Carlito

Roselle, IL

#9 Aug 11, 2011
Oak Lawn wrote:
<quoted text>
No need???? They have open up 59 and traffic still suks. Have you ever gone down 126 at 5pm and try to get to Rt 59.
Yes I have. You get off I 55 at any other exit between here and Chicago at 5pm and tell me which doesn't have traffic. You might have to wait two or three lights at that time of day

What do you expect in RUSH hour???
Kevin R

Bolingbrook, IL

#10 Aug 11, 2011
If you do your homework on this project you would release that nothing will be built until at least 2017 or later. It just takes that long for an interchange to be designed and approved. I for one am glad that Bolingbrook and Romeoville have the good sense to PLAN ahead. Something that has clearly been lost on most of the officials in Plainfield over the past 20yrs.
Carlito wrote:
Carlito

Roselle, IL

#11 Aug 11, 2011
Kevin R wrote:
If you do your homework on this project you would release that nothing will be built until at least 2017 or later. It just takes that long for an interchange to be designed and approved. I for one am glad that Bolingbrook and Romeoville have the good sense to PLAN ahead. Something that has clearly been lost on most of the officials in Plainfield over the past 20yrs.
<quoted text>
I do my homework, that is why I know the population in this area is going down. What this means is that if this is not needed in 2011 it surely won't be needed in 2017.

Romeoville and Bolingbrook are not models I would use an example. At least not if you want to send your kids to public school

Thanks for the lesson though
Kevin R

Bolingbrook, IL

#12 Aug 11, 2011
You really have no idea what you are talking about. Look at all the census data that is available. Not only did the population go up over the last ten years in all of the surrounding communities including Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Crest Hill, and Joliet, but it also went up since each of these communities conducted their last special census which was right after the end of the housing boom. So guess what they were still growing. Now if you did do your homework you would know that CMAP [which is the federal designated metropolitan planning agency] has forecasted that the population of Plainfield alone will eventually exceed 100k (today it is less than 40K). But don't let any of those FACTS get in your way.

Oh, btw get your facts straight about the school districts as well. The majority of Plainfield School District 202's student population actually comes from Joliet, Bolingbrook and Romeoville. Oh well there's another theory out the door!
Carlito wrote:
<quoted text>
I do my homework, that is why I know the population in this area is going down. What this means is that if this is not needed in 2011 it surely won't be needed in 2017.
Romeoville and Bolingbrook are not models I would use an example. At least not if you want to send your kids to public school
Thanks for the lesson though
Taxed

Plainfield, IL

#13 Aug 12, 2011
I expect that Romeoville wants the interchange to feed trucks to all the warehouses built there.
Oak Lawn

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2011
Carlito wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have. You get off I 55 at any other exit between here and Chicago at 5pm and tell me which doesn't have traffic. You might have to wait two or three lights at that time of day
What do you expect in RUSH hour???
LMAO If you dont mind sitting in your car for 30 min to go 4 miles that your issue. Clueless!!!!!
Carlito

Roselle, IL

#15 Aug 12, 2011
Kevin R wrote:
So guess what they were still growing. Now if you did do your homework you would know that CMAP [which is the federal designated metropolitan planning agency] has forecasted that the population of Plainfield alone will eventually exceed 100k (today it is less than 40K). But don't let any of those FACTS get in your way.
Oh, btw get your facts straight about the school districts as well. The majority of Plainfield School District 202's student population actually comes from Joliet, Bolingbrook and Romeoville. Oh well there's another theory out the door!
<quoted text>
FACTS???? That 100,000 data was forcasted LONG before the housing crash. Guess what? they are not growing. There is an over supply of foreclosed(empty) homes and homes going into foreclosure(high number also empty ). There are well over a 1,000 in Plainfield. If you add up all of them in Joliet, Aurora, Plainfield, Romeoville and Bolingbrook you are sniffing close to 10,000. So if homes are being foreclosed and left empty and builders are building at an all time low rate how is the population still growing? Please explain your logic. You have no clue what is currently going on in this area.
You didn't prove anything school district related other than point out the one problem District 202 has(students for those areas you metioned attending it). The schools that don't have a high number of students from those areas are far superior. If you want Plainfield to be like those areas more power to you.
Carlito

Roselle, IL

#16 Aug 12, 2011
Oak Lawn wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO If you dont mind sitting in your car for 30 min to go 4 miles that your issue. Clueless!!!!!
30 mins is a flat out lie. I tell you what, I will meet you any day of the week at 5PM at that first subdivision on 126 off of 55. If it takes us 30 mins to get to 59 I will give you $1,0000 just as long as you are willing to put up them same amount if we don't. Fair enough??? Show me how clueless I am

How can someone from Oak Lawn complain about traffic??? If you are really from Oak Lawn you know what real traffic is. 30 mins to go 4 miles is smooth sailing in those parts.
EZ Fella

Joliet, IL

#17 Aug 13, 2011
Yum ,Yum, Eat 'em up Carlito
Harry

Plainfield, IL

#18 Aug 13, 2011
Coming in from Chicago each day I have been watching this project and it has been being worked on for years. The only involvement by the Village is what they admitted to few months ago which was to track the work by Romeoville and Bolingbrook. A month ago they decide to pay costs to those two towns for work that didn't involve input by the Village. Only now is the Village Board concerned. Once again no leadership and no seat at the table.
Go Bears

Chicago, IL

#19 Aug 13, 2011
Extend 143rd from Route 59 east to I-55. Build a full interchange at 143rd/Taylor Rd. Extend Essington Rd south to that new interchange. Leave the current interchange at 126 the way it is and build another full interchange at Caton Farm and I-55. Complete the Drauden/Stiener/Heggs extension. Build the Renwick bridge already and extend Van Dyke south to Drauden. Improve the roads now so the area doesn't need to play catch up when the economy rebounds and building starts again!
squirrel getting a nut

Bolingbrook, IL

#20 Aug 13, 2011
Go Bears wrote:
Extend 143rd from Route 59 east to I-55. Build a full interchange at 143rd/Taylor Rd. Extend Essington Rd south to that new interchange. Leave the current interchange at 126 the way it is and build another full interchange at Caton Farm and I-55. Complete the Drauden/Stiener/Heggs extension. Build the Renwick bridge already and extend Van Dyke south to Drauden. Improve the roads now so the area doesn't need to play catch up when the economy rebounds and building starts again!
That will never work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
As it should be heard!! 9 hr Cicero Gangbanger 3
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc (May '16) 11 hr Ashley Williams 85 440
BPD court jester Wed On the job 1
DuPage County, Illinois women are worst gold di... Wed relentless hound 12
Moving to Lemont but I hear about bad things Tue John Caliendo Pla... 7
Green Spa (Mar '12) Jul 15 Yikes 10
Brer Rabbit "Motel" (Dec '11) Jul 13 Unknown 5

Woodridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodridge Mortgages