Woodland child dead, others badly hurt from Monday car crash

Full story: Daily Democrat

A 10-year-old girl died and a 1-year-old boy suffered critical injuries Monday afternoon in a single-vehicle rollover near Woodland.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Woodland Resident

Carmichael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

My heart goes out to you Serina!! PRAYER IS WHAT THEY NEED!!!! I cant even imagine what She is going through, the loss of a child, UNBELIEVABLE!!
Cant stop thinking

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

This poor little girl has been in my head since I heard the news yesterday. My prayers go out to all the families.
WoodlandWoman

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

My heart is breaking for this family.
Woodland Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

85 in a 55. A child dies. The idiot driver lives. Unjust.
Holly Gregory

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

My heart goes out to the family members of all involved as well as the emergency personnel who reponded to this scene. I can't imagine what they must be feeling after such a tragedy. It is hard just to read the article.
Woodlander

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

My heart does go out to the family...but the CHP reported in another newspaper that none of the children were in seat belts. Too many times I have seen people driving with there kids just running around in the car or van. If he was under the influence then that's even worse.
1. Driving under the influence
2. High rate of speed
3. kids not in seat belts

Somebody can preach to me all day about how they cared for their kids but look at the facts..
Old time friend of Serina

Grass Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Girl I am so sorry for your loss. Especially at a time like this.. the holidays :( I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts, and may your baby girl rest in paradise. Keep your head up and try and stay strong for yourself and your family.
Much Love & Respect,
an old childhood friend =)
Sadden Woodlander

West Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

My heart goes to these kids, especially to the little girl who lost her big sister. And shame on the parents, having your seat belt on but not caring enough about your own kids, drinking and driving on the same road Cierenas Uncle Danny died on many years ago, would of thought you were a little smarter than that. Didnt you get into a accident last month as well??? This tragedy is very sad but I hope you two as parents get what you deserve!
wdlnd

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

NOBODY ever deseves to die and then to say the parents deseve it! Sad situation
Michael

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

I hope this a--hole Arnold is killed in prison. Arnold murdered this young girl by driving reckless.
Heart Broken

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

My thoughts and prayers are with Andrea and her entire family! May little Destiny rest in paradise and dance with the angels.
to SADDEN WOODLANDER

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

In regards to "Sadden Woodlander" we the family appreciate the thought for the kids, however get your stories straight before passing any public judgment. first they may have both been parents but to seperate children that is. The father of the girls will forever have to wonder if he could of been there or had his daughter(s) in his custody to prevent such a tragedy.
agree

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

I totally agree with you, accidents may be accidents, but stupidity is the word for this loser-
Michael wrote:
I hope this a--hole Arnold is killed in prison. Arnold murdered this young girl by driving reckless.
Speechless person

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Don't know what to think now and days..of all the different news that I have read about this story can someone please explain to me if the male was DUI and the female was sober why was the male driving. The mother is just at fault too. She was couldn't have tooken the keys and driven the car..who knows hopefully people learn from this.. My those two children live full lifes and there other parents step up to the plate and take them from these unfit parents..
huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Woodlander wrote:
My heart does go out to the family...but the CHP reported in another newspaper that none of the children were in seat belts. Too many times I have seen people driving with there kids just running around in the car or van. If he was under the influence then that's even worse.
1. Driving under the influence
2. High rate of speed
3. kids not in seat belts
Somebody can preach to me all day about how they cared for their kids but look at the facts..
I am sorry but she decided to not buckle up her kids and she decided to be with a drunk sob... Sorry mom but you are the one that blew it!
woodland

West Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Serena does not deserve any sympathy that dumb ***** put her children in harms way!!! she deserves to die not her child!!! i hope the father of the little takes the youngest child away from her and never lets her see again!!!
ROXANNE

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

some people on here are so hateful its sad...serena is a mother and losing a child is the worst feeling in the world..my heart and prayers go out to u and ur family.
Whatever

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

No hate here, but one has to ponder...

rox, it is especially so, when said mother contributed to her children's demise/severe injury...

It is too bad; as this did not have to happen and was preventable.

But, as others have already pointed out, the two adults will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

What will they do about it and in what manner will they react?

We, do not know at this point in time...
Family memb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

Sadden Woodlander wrote:
My heart goes to these kids, especially to the little girl who lost her big sister. And shame on the parents, having your seat belt on but not caring enough about your own kids, drinking and driving on the same road Cierenas Uncle Danny died on many years ago, would of thought you were a little smarter than that. Didnt you get into a accident last month as well??? This tragedy
is very sad but I hope you two as parents get what you deserve!
Danny wasn't driving and cirena was a young girl. Why would you say something like that.
does it matter

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Family memb wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny wasn't driving and cirena was a young girl. Why would you say something like that.
I don't think it matters who was driving or how old anyone was.. What matters is cirena is an ADULT and a MOTHER and as an ADULT u know what wrong and what is right as a MOTHER u know u are there to PROTECT ur children which means make sure they have seatbelts on correctly before the car is turned on and if u know as she knew that the driver of that car was not sober and u are as an ADULT u take the keys away and you drive. Not to mention as an ADULT you know the speeding laws. What kind of ADULTS and PARENTS are these people? Answer they are selfish people if u know u should be wearing your seat belt an u put urs on why couldn't u stop and put the kids on.. Way to to on being smart.. They will get what they deserve MADD will not let this off the hook..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Woodland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Woodland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••