Sacramento Attorney Faces Sexual Batt...

Sacramento Attorney Faces Sexual Battery Charge

There are 851 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Sacramento Attorney Faces Sexual Battery Charge. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

A Sacramento attorney was arrested Thursday for allegedly touching a 28-year-old client in a sexual manner, according to Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

I believe it all

Roseville, CA

#34 Mar 12, 2008
I've known this man and his family since they arrived in Sactown from Michigan 20 plus years ago. His wife, and kids are awesome - and deserve better. Gary- I hope you get what you deserve. You preyed on me, and you've preyed on others...may you rot in h***!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“And For My Next Trick.........”

Since: Nov 07

Watsonville CA

#35 Mar 12, 2008
I believe it all wrote:
I've known this man and his family since they arrived in Sactown from Michigan 20 plus years ago. His wife, and kids are awesome - and deserve better. Gary- I hope you get what you deserve. You preyed on me, and you've preyed on others...may you rot in h***!
Makes ya wonder what he was running from in Michigan??? Gary, why did you get married if you couldn't stay faithful?
check this out

Roseville, CA

#36 Mar 12, 2008
Not all attorneys are like this. I think that if he is guilty of this charge, then others need to step forward and tell them their story. I do feel sorry for his family
Random Chick

Sacramento, CA

#37 Mar 12, 2008
So, where is Gary now? Is he still in jail? Who paid his bail? What happens next?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#38 Mar 12, 2008
Random Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes....I was making a horrible attempt at a bad joke, dear. No offense.

I am sitting back smiling about all of this....I'm happy to hear the wife left....I always wondered about that situation. I hope and know this woman is not going to be intimidated by his so called "knowledge" of the family law system (courts). Its very basic and she knows what she is entitled to. The BEST of luck to her.

In this particular case, I say.....take the SOB to the cleaners.

Seriously....my prayers are with her. He probably took the best years of her life....shamelessly.
Bastard!!!!
Now, I DO agree with this post.

She is blessed to have gotten out, now. Let us hope she's able to find an attorney willing to duke it out in Court with her unworthy husband for what she deserves. She should have EVERYTHING, from the kids, to the house, to the car. He deserves to come out of this with nothing ... not even his dignity.

Unfortunately, he'll just move, and go into practice somewhere else. Probably divorce Law, where he can prey on more frightened women. Sad.

Watsonville CA

#39 Mar 13, 2008
Fifth Generation wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I DO agree with this post.
She is blessed to have gotten out, now. Let us hope she's able to find an attorney willing to duke it out in Court with her unworthy husband for what she deserves. She should have EVERYTHING, from the kids, to the house, to the car. He deserves to come out of this with nothing ... not even his dignity.
Unfortunately, he'll just move, and go into practice somewhere else. Probably divorce Law, where he can prey on more frightened women. Sad.
I checked out the penal code he was charged with and at the MOST, he'll do something ridiculous like 6 months and pay a $2,000 fine. Whoopty-woo. Maybe more women will come out with their stories and this might escalate. Either way, I hope the wife take allllll these posts to her divorce attorney and yes, in this case, she should take him (Gary) to the cleaners.

I call it: "Punishment Payment"

Another victim

Sacramento, CA

#40 Mar 13, 2008
Random Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait! He was a pilot too? Hahahaha!!! I never heard THAT one! What HASN'T this man claimed to be? And yeah.....we WILL lynch him (hypothetically speaking). Just because you are a "father" to someone, doesn't make you a good dad OR role model. It's a good thing his children are in another state (last I heard) at school and don't have to bear this embarrassment.
Someone get a rope.
I was a client and victim. He is a preditor and a criminal. I'll spit in his face
Another victim

Sacramento, CA

#41 Mar 13, 2008
Gary Appelblatt is a dangerous sexual preditor. Along with myself, 12 women have come forward. T'm sure there is more...And I thank the first young woman for coming forward.
RanC

Sacramento, CA

#43 Mar 13, 2008
Make that 13. How do you know of 12???
Another victim

Sacramento, CA

#44 Mar 13, 2008
RanC wrote:
Make that 13. How do you know of 12???
From a detective
Another Client

Sacramento, CA

#45 Mar 13, 2008
accountability check wrote:
Let's hang him now! You've already decided he's guilty as charged!
As a former client,and friend I can only agree that this has to be very difficult for his family.
I don't agree with a public forum or lynch mob mentality though. Stories can be fabricated, misinterpreted, and down right slanderous. I think
after so many years in practice, and in his previous occupation as a Pharmacist, and considering how involved he is with his family;
the man deserves at least a trial!
children
Although I agree that everyone deserves a trial, open forums provide a way for those that have been bilked, abused, or betrayed the opportunity vent and find that others have had the same treatment. In this case, considering that Appleblatt "stole" several thousands of dollars from me through "meetings" and "paperwork" and churning when nothing was done and the final solution was not reached in a timely manner, I believe everything everyone has said. I believe because I experienced! Bully for you that you had such a positive experience with this cheater, liar, and sexual predator. All of you need to contact the California Bar Association to ensure he loses his license. All of you need to contact the provided number. If everyone works together you can ensure he no longer has the opportunity to bilk others and that justice is served. I have contacted the Bar Association because I want my money back.
Another Client

Sacramento, CA

#46 Mar 13, 2008
Karma is Inevitable wrote:
It amazes me as to how eventually what goes around finally does come around full circle. Gary Appelblatt is a conniving crook that preys on women and their vulnerability. Kuddos to the women that are coming forward and putting an end to this monster's tactics. Now we just need to find some recourse as to a means of recuperating all the thousands of dollars this fraudulent lawyer has swindled out of us.
One of his co-workers said go the California Bar Association and file a complaint. The Bar will ensure that you are repaid.
Concerned

Davison, MI

#47 Mar 13, 2008
accountability check wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, he's out of jail. I assume his wife
who is still in his life, bailed him out. He was
in his office on Monday.
Who are you to assume his wife is still in his life. I'm sure she is much too busy supporting herself and her children. Anyone that knows her has nothing but the greatest praise,( both professionly and personally) You're the sort of person that likes to blame the victims instead of the one,and only one responsible.... GARY

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I know Elk Grove

Sacramento, CA

#48 Mar 13, 2008
Gary got out of jail that day. Bail was only 10,000 so he probably had that in savings...I am more worried about the victims at this point. If they all end up coming forward because of this brave young woman who turned him in, then he may get a more harsh punishment.
Divorced

Sacramento, CA

#49 Mar 13, 2008
I was a client of his and he made inappropriate sexual moves on me. I pushed him away and expressed my concern to the friend who had recommended him......the awful thing about this is when you go through a divorce it is such a horrible time in your life. He took aedvantage of his clients when they were in difficult situation... once you spend thousands of dollars it is hard to walk away and have to start all over again. For years I thought I was the only one and I just wanted to forget the entire thing and get on with my life. It has always haunted me. I have called the detectives but have heard nothing back. I assume the list is long and they will get to me eventually.

“ah! kitty love!”

Since: Dec 07

Placer Co, CA

#50 Mar 13, 2008
ok, I realize this is childish of me, but here it goes anyway,

appleblatt rhymes with splat
This man sounds like he is rotten to the core.
so why don't we drop this bad apple off of a tall building and let him become splat.
thank god for karma

Sacramento, CA

#51 Mar 13, 2008
i was on the other side defending myself against this a**hole in court. my ex and him had a lot in common. total sleaze. he cost me a lot due to his blatent perjury. maybe now i can get the child support owed to me. i hope whoever was assaulted by this egomaniac comes forward, he deserves all of the punishment due. its nice to know im not the only person who has this opinion of him.

Watsonville CA

#56 Mar 13, 2008
thank god for karma wrote:
i was on the other side defending myself against this a**hole in court. my ex and him had a lot in common. total sleaze. he cost me a lot due to his blatent perjury. maybe now i can get the child support owed to me. i hope whoever was assaulted by this egomaniac comes forward, he deserves all of the punishment due. its nice to know im not the only person who has this opinion of him.
Honey, try going at it alone this time. Gary made me realize that he did NOTHING for my custody case but stress me out. In my divorce, I took on a lawyer in his office and STILL won! All you need to do is your research -granted, I didn't have millions to lose, but this time.....I didn't have someone feeling me up in the side room at the courthouse.
The other side

Elk Grove, CA

#57 Mar 13, 2008
Allow the facts to come out before you all jump to conclusions. Gary is a good person with a kind heart, who has made mistakes, but who among us hasn't. All of you holier than thou who said this happened to you certainly were flattered at the time. Maybe just upset that you weren't the one and only true love? Ever think he has an addiction that he needs help with? Maybe we show compassion instead of kicking someone when they are down. Gary has helped a lot of clients in a positive way over the years. Believe me not every client and attorney connect. Before you throw your stones make sure you don't live in a glass house.
Karma is Inevitable

United States

#58 Mar 13, 2008
Another Client wrote:
<quoted text>
One of his co-workers said go the California Bar Association and file a complaint. The Bar will ensure that you are repaid.
Thank you, I will contact the bar first thing in the morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 32
There Are Many Colleges A Few Should be Allowed... 7 hr Culture Auditor 1
young women dating old men 8 hr Won Hug Lo 2
Nuclear Waste Dump Planned 21 hr Information Act Prov 1
Why go offshore to print in China? Thu Won Hung Lo 2
ARCO Arena - 6/30/2016 Thu katybirdhudson 1
News Bill Would End Life Prison Terms for Teens (Jan '08) Thu Your Service Prov... 124
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodland Mortgages