Reborn Arbuckle Odd Fellows revitalizing community

Full story: Daily Democrat

The resurrection of the Arbuckle Odd Fellows, officially Spring Valley Lodge No.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Martha S Friel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Obviously the younger generation taking over the Odd Fellows Building did not talk to the elder members of the community who are fully aware of what that building stood for. Over the years, members have passed on, and the lodge left without anyone to take over. It is indeed a boost for the community that the younger generation is taking over-- they should be commended for their generous time and effort to restore the lodge. However, I for one, feel the comment "no one knew what it stood for" a "slap in the face" to the elders of this community. They are the ones with the knowledge and history of Arbuckle.
Small Town Gal

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

I think this is a great achievement for the Arbuckle Community. Esparto has an Odd Fellows building also. Maybe we need to look at what Arbuckle is doing. These types of associations are great for bringing a small community together.
Pete Sellars

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

It's great to hear success stories of lodges working in their communities. The Odd Fellows are strong in San Francisco with over 1300 members in the city. I know Davis, Garcia, St. Helena, California, and Yerba Buena lodges are doing great! Kee;p up the good work Arbuckle. Too bad those older members let their lodges die; they had no excuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Woodland Discussions

Search the Woodland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 37 min Coal is King 7,309
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Open Market Canada 15,673
Jewish values at heart of immigration reform 5 hr Jack Schortz 251
ATTENTION::: Why do black men get mad when beau... (Feb '11) Sun ShotgunsReel 75
H! looking for you Sun frm_Sea_nohooks 3
roger byl Sat Aol 1
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) Sat White man 5,182
•••
•••
•••
•••

Woodland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Woodland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance