Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,292)

Showing posts 125,821 - 125,840 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you are not in touch with reality. You keep telling yourself that you aren't looking for government endorsement every time you go to court fighting for it. And you can tell yourself that same BS when you go to city hall to get that government endorsed certificate.
And again, you have equal treatment. Equal treatment does not always result in equal outcomes.
This isn't an equal rights case, never has been.
Psssst I AM already married ,30 years ago
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Truth has no lib friends wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that homosexuality is a sickness, as in mental? Oh crap obviously you don't!
Really, doctor? Have you been asleep for the last 40 years? It's obvious you're not keeping up with the research.
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, doctor? Have you been asleep for the last 40 years? It's obvious you're not keeping up with the research.
Gay liberal research??? Oh yes! Just like that "gay" judge in Ca. who committed tyranny against the voters / people???
And I could care less about what doktors with your mental illness say about your mental illness.
You ever hear the term... SKEWED???
But you just keep lying to yourselves and at least a very small minority will believe that your mental illness is O.K>!!! LMFAO
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the queen of the bitches! LOL,Sorry but the vast majority of Psychiatrists and psychologists say other wise! As a matter of fact if they did a psychological profile and workup on you they would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that it is you who suffers from a social-psychosis and a mental disease,and they would be right! You fit the criteria of any number of psychological conditions and diseases! Sorry but you are NO better than any gay man or women,as a matter of fact you are beneath them being you are a human cock roach to put it in layman's terms in order for you to better comprehend you knuckle dragger!
Just some more Psycho Babble!!! from another one with the mental problem called homosexuality!
LMAO
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Truth has no lib friends wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay liberal research??? Oh yes! Just like that "gay" judge in Ca. who committed tyranny against the voters / people???
And I could care less about what doktors with your mental illness say about your mental illness.
You ever hear the term... SKEWED???
But you just keep lying to yourselves and at least a very small minority will believe that your mental illness is O.K>!!! LMFAO
No, dear. MEDICAL research. You know... the kind that uses the scientific method and peer review? Do you even know what those are?

I see you slept through civics class, too.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney has moved out to an eight-point lead over President Obama in North Carolina after the two men were virtually tied a month ago.
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dear. MEDICAL research. You know... the kind that uses the scientific method and peer review? Do you even know what those are?
I see you slept through civics class, too.
You mean like Glo-Bull Warming??? Science that is based on feelings and lobbyists instead of actual fact??? Is that the medical research you are referring to??? LMAO

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
Here is what I don't understand.
I’ll resist the urge to comment upon this.
akpilot wrote:
If this is really a fight against government regulating the personal relationships of its citizenry, why then are you fighting for government endorsement?
It’s not, it is about equal protection of the laws for all persons within a state’s jurisdiction, as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution.
akpilot wrote:
Should the fight be about "getting the government out of your bedroom" (as you like to say) and not inviting them in?
That has already been addressed. You see, the US Supreme Court ruled in Lawrence v Texas that the law in Texas barring homosexual sodomy “furthers no legitimate state interest which can justify its intrusion into the personal and private life of the individual”.
akpilot wrote:
There is no Constitutional right to marriage, heterosexual or otherwise, as such there is no enumerated power granted by it to the government to regulate it. The Federal Government has no regulatory control over marriage.
There is a constitutional right to equal protection of the laws. Marriage is one such protection.
akpilot wrote:
The state on the other hand, does not need the authority of the Constitution to regulate marriage, they are free to do so as long as the citizens of said state agree, and the federal government is unable to interfere. This includes the judiciary.
However, they must provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws. They may make restrictions barring some people from having such equal protection if doing so a) serves a compelling state interest, and b) the restriction is narrowly tailored to accomplish its goal.
akpilot wrote:
So, to those who claim to be conservatives and wish to deny same sex marriage, you are full of it.
And yet conservative after conservative comes forward expressing a need for respect and dignity, but not equal protection of the laws to marry.
akpilot wrote:
You aren't a conservative, not even close. You may be evangelical, but you aren't conservative. Being conservative is being in favor of limited government, and fighting for government control over the personal relationships of citizens is NOT limited government, and it is hardly conservative.
Of course, if you truly wanted limited government, and you truly believed in the protections of the US constitution, you would support equal protection for same sex couples to marry.
akpilot wrote:
Now to those who claim to be liberal, you fail as well. You claim to want liberation from the government, the freedom to do as you choose without the consent of government.
So, in your fantasy world, conservatives want smaller government and freedom from governmental controls, while liberal want freedom from governmental controls and smaller government? Hmmmm. Seems like someone is being disingenuous.
akpilot wrote:
Begging for a marriage license so as to be acknowledged by the government you wish to free yourself from is hardly liberal. You have not only invited the government into your bedroom, you have opened the door and turned down the bed with a nice mint. You have invited the government to regulate your relationship, and you have hardly gained any "freedom".
No, seeking equal protection of the laws, as guaranteed by the US Constitution has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat; it has to do with being an American, and standing up for the fundamental fairness that we believe in, and the equal protection of the laws ensconced in the highest law of the land.

Seeking to hold fellow citizens as second-class citizens is in no way honorable, just, or conservative; it is cowardly, bigoted, and unconstitutional.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Psssst I AM already married ,30 years ago
Since april 1 you have posted over 740 comments, WTF is up with that? and they are all on either hating people that are Christians or gay topics. How fat is she?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like Glo-Bull Warming??? Science that is based on feelings and lobbyists instead of actual fact??? Is that the medical research you are referring to??? LMAO
Excuse me. Climate change doesn't fall under MEDICAL RESEARCH on my planet.

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are you a scientist? Can you assess the data yourself in an unbiased way? Are you just repeating what you have heard and what you want to believe?
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. Climate change doesn't fall under MEDICAL RESEARCH on my planet.
Good try at spin there mona way to much! LMAO
Or is it that you, the one who claims to be so inteligent flat out missed the point of my previous post?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Since april 1 you have posted over 740 comments, WTF is up with that? and they are all on either hating people that are Christians or gay topics. How fat is she?
Does it make you feel better about yourself insulting a man's wife?

Regardless of how she looks or her size.....she has one thing YOU will NEVER have.......HEART AND COMPASSION!!!

Oh and she's not bad looking either......as I have seen her picture:-)

Peace!!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Good try at spin there mona way to much! LMAO
Or is it that you, the one who claims to be so inteligent flat out missed the point of my previous post?
You mean the red herring you threw across the trail to change the subject?

Climate change has NOTHING to do with MEDICAL research, sfb.

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the red herring you threw across the trail to change the subject?
It does have to do with a complete lack of understanding of science, which is the true context of this thread. Does our government trust valid scientific research or a 1700 year old book about a dude on a stick.
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the red herring you threw across the trail to change the subject?
Well I'm really sorry that you just are not intelligent enough to have gotten the jist of that post, mona way to much! LMFAO
Here let me help you, it was to do with your faux science! Not Glo-Bull warming! So, If you need a little more help mona way to much, just let me know, and I will do what I can to help you to understand more! LMFAO

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

naturalwonder wrote:
Does our government trust valid scientific research or a 1700 year old book about a dude on a stick.
Sadly, if the detractors of same sex marriage would read as far as the First Amendment, they would see that the Bible is irrelevant. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well I'm really sorry that you just are not intelligent enough to have gotten the jist of that post, mona way to much! LMFAO
Here let me help you, it was to do with your faux science! Not Glo-Bull warming! So, If you need a little more help mona way to much, just let me know, and I will do what I can to help you to understand more! LMFAO
Neither science is false, I ask again, are you a scientist?

“Pay the toll”

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, if the detractors of same sex marriage would read as far as the First Amendment, they would see that the Bible is irrelevant. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.
Exactly it is that simple.

“I'm not Religious ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I don't tell them anything. I am not the one judging, but I don't think we should embrace sins. What do you think?
Good morning Riccardo! That’s the million dollar question isn’t it? Lol! The Greek Philosopher, Plato, said, "If you would converse with me, please, first, define your terms.” On a frequent basis we attach a meaning of a word from the Bible based on our own language and culture to a word that is not the meaning of the Hebrew or Greek words behind the translation. 

Let’s start with the word “sin” we’ve all heard that word so often we have all come to associate it with “bad” or “bad things”
What does ‘sin’ mean biblically? It doesn’t mean ‘bad’. It doesn’t mean ‘bad things’. Sin means, and there are two main words for it, a Hebraic word for it,‘chatta’t’ and there’s a Greek word,‘hamartia’. Hamartia and chatta’t mean, approximately, separation from God. Hamartia is an archery word. It means that you let the arrow go and you miss the mark. The arrow goes astray. Somehow all of us have taken a wrong turn, a wrong path. We’ve taken a wrong road. We’ve turned our gaze from the divine, the source of all love and become embroiled in all sorts of other ‘stuff’.

That’s sin to me.

Sorry to ramble on, but the short answer to your question should be what Jesus meant anyways right? He never condoned the sin, but He never condemned the sinner either. His goal in dealing with them was always reconciliation. Ref John 8:1-11.

That speaks volumes at least to me about us, our own faults and how to (and not to) deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 125,821 - 125,840 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Woodland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Woodland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance