Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201884 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#141584 May 18, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm just after equal protection of the laws, which is constitutionally guaranteed.
You will remain free to be the bigoted person that you already are.
You know what aggravates me is that I partially agree with both sides simultaneously. Wilderide called it cognitive dissonance. I'm not greatly thrilled with the idea of homosexuality but neither am I thrilled with the idea of denying anyone or group their rights.

If it came down today, that I had to cast my ballot I would side with gay marriage even though I'm not fully comfortable with that lifestyle. But people should not deny rights to other people because they are simply "uncomfortable" with the other.

Tolerance is a big persons game and only those mature enough to deal with it fully understand it.
Justa me

Lucerne, CA

#141585 May 18, 2012
The Corbomite Maneuver wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, I am serious and out raged and you should be to.
For 14 years you have been lie to about Matthew Shepard. One of this murderers was his bisexual some time sex partner and Matthews Shepard just found out he had AIDS. No hate crime.
But In 2004, six years later, ABC’s “20/20” did a story with Elizabeth Vargas that looked into what really happened. Was this just a case of someone killing Matthew Shepard because he was gay, or was there a lot more going on? New Details Emerge in Matthew Shepard Murder
From this long story, written by ABC, which is owned by Disney- the gayest company on the planet mind you (they’re in the business of fairy tales)- I’m going to focus on some of the details left out of the stories the public had heard about for the previous six years.
21-year-old Matthew Shepard was picked up by two other 21-year-old guys at a bar the night of his beating. Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson were doing methamphetamine and were looking to rob Matthew Shepard who was drunk at the bar. While Henderson was driving, the story goes, Shepard made a pass at McKinney by touching his leg. At this point, McKinney, who’d been awake for a week on meth, lost it and hit Shepard with a pistol. Soon after, he told Henderson to pull over, and the beating at the fence proceeded.
Initially, McKinney used the “gay panic defense” to suggest that he lost his mind when Shepard made a pass at him, but we later find that McKinney was a bisexual who actually knew Matthew Shepard. Did he really panic when Shepard made a pass at him or did he react violently out of anger that Shepard was in the process of outing his secret homosexual life in front of Henderson? Henderson, by most accounts, was just the wheelman who tied Shepard to the fence and didn’t do enough to stop McKinney who was out of his mind on meth.
Tom O’Connor, the limo driver who Shepard occasionally hired, had a lot to say. He knew both Matthew Shepard and Aaron McKinney. He said that a few days before his death, Sheppard told him that he’d discovered he was HIV positive, which is something many homosexuals discover. He’d also claimed that McKinney was definitely bisexual because he, himself, had participated in a three-person sex act with McKinney. McKinney’s girlfriend also suggested that McKinney had repeatedly tried to get her to let one of his male friends join them in their escapades.
We also find, from other people interviewed, that at parties, Shepard and McKinney might disappear for a bit and then Shepard would be doing meth that he’d probably gotten from McKinney. Another Laramie resident claimed that she’d spent a night of drinking in O’Connor’s limo with some folks that included Shepard and McKinney.
It doesn’t take a genius without a gay agenda to figure out what really happened here. McKinney and Shepard had secret homosexual relations in the past, maybe for meth as a currency. Somehow, McKinney finds out about the HIV-problem (maybe through their common friend), and a week of meth-fueled-sleepless nights leads to a hideous beating that kills Matthew Shepard.
http://www.fdfny.org/blog/2011/06/19/part-5-t...
What you must remember is we live in a Country which unfortunately has degenerated into instead of winners a whiner/victim society. AKA: the nanny state. Mallard Fillmore (Bruce Tinsley)says it so eloquently "THE HABITUALLY OFFENDED Community's".
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#141586 May 18, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
After you support yours, sure.
translation: NO I do not!
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#141587 May 18, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
After you support yours, sure.
Translation 2: I lied. I haave no proof because I lied.
Because that's what liberals do best, is lie!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#141592 May 18, 2012
<quoted text>Wilderide called nothing cognitive dissonance, he got that from the Doctor and he used it as a come back. Homosexuality is cognitive dissonance.
You are entitled to be a fool and you were fooled by the Matthew Shepard lie, when it was a gay friend on Meth who killed him, due to the Meth, robbery, Mat's HIV and him being outed.
Silence Troll. This was a conversation I had with him (Wilderide) over a year ago.

You know nothing except to steal other posters identities and accuse others because of your stupidity. I could not have been fooled by the Matthew Shepard lie because I don't know who he is or what occurred.

So do every one a favor troll, and go away.
Justa me

Lucerne, CA

#141593 May 18, 2012
<quoted text>Wilderide called nothing cognitive dissonance, he got that from the Doctor and he used it as a come back. Homosexuality is cognitive dissonance.
You are entitled to be a fool and you were fooled by the Matthew Shepard lie, when it was a gay friend on Meth who killed him, due to the Meth, robbery, Mat's HIV and him being outed.
Gays are an abnormality of nature.
From Wiki.. Abnormality, in the vivid sense of something deviating from the normal or differing from the typical (such as an aberration), is a subjectively defined behavioral characteristic, assigned to those with rare or dysfunctional conditions. Defining who is normal or abnormal is a contentious issue in abnormal psychology.
Seems the only true gripe gays have is the definition of abnormal. Similar to wet willie cliton... depends on the what the definition
of "is, is".
Or as Michael Jackson sang, "I'm a victim"
Edgar

Spring, TX

#141594 May 18, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation 2: I lied. I haave no proof because I lied.
Because that's what liberals do best, is lie!
That's not evidence of your case, General Izer.

(See what I did there?)

I'm withholding my evidence until you give me proof that all gays are perverts.

You just can't handle it, so you use an offense as your defense.

Well guess what? I have no obligation or responsibility to spoon-feed my proof to you. If you want to research my claim, you'll find literal statistics instantly.

I've spent a couple minutes researching yours and so far all I get is links to the Westboro Baptist Church's website. You don't live in Topeka, do you?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#141595 May 18, 2012
Truth has no lib friends wrote:
<quoted text>
mona way to much??? That statement of yours is beyond stupid!
You sickos are the ones screaming and yelling in our faces and protesting that we accept your immoral ways!
So ignorant one just how are we supposed to just let you run your own lives? When it's YOU perverts who are shoving your garbage in our faces???
You want to be gay??? Go the F ahead! But get it out of our schools, govt. and everywhere you perverts are shoving it!
Man you are truly ignorant!!! LMAO
Who's "screaming and yelling in your faces?" Who's "shoving garbage in your faces?" Nobody, that's who. We don't care who you sleep with. Why don't you mind your own business instead of trying to run ours?

"You want to be gay??? Go the F ahead! But get it out of our schools, govt. and everywhere you perverts are shoving it!"

Sorry. I will repeat one of my favorite things you love to hear: We're here, we're queer, get used to it.

We're taxpaying American citizens and we're not going ANYWHERE. If you have "issues" with gay people, I suggest you take it up with a good psychiatrist.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#141596 May 18, 2012
Justa me wrote:
<quoted text>
From Wiki.. Abnormality, in the vivid sense of something deviating from the normal or differing from the typical (such as an aberration), is a subjectively defined behavioral characteristic, assigned to those with rare or dysfunctional conditions. Defining who is normal or abnormal is a contentious issue in abnormal psychology.
Seems the only true gripe gays have is the definition of abnormal. Similar to wet willie cliton... depends on the what the definition
of "is, is".
Wiki? Since you opened that door:

Homosexuality is one of the three main categories of sexual orientation, along with bisexuality and heterosexuality, within the heterosexual-homosexual continuum (with asexuality sometimes considered the fourth). Scientific and medical understanding is that sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather a complex interplay of biological and environmental factors. Research shows that homosexuality is an example of normal variation in human sexuality and is not in and of itself a source of negative psychological effects. Prejudice and discrimination against homosexual and bisexual people, however, have been shown to cause psychological harm.

Isn't Wiki interesting?
Justa me

Lucerne, CA

#141598 May 18, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki? Since you opened that door:
Homosexuality is one of the three main categories of sexual orientation, along with bisexuality and heterosexuality, within the heterosexual-homosexual continuum (with asexuality sometimes considered the fourth). Scientific and medical understanding is that sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather a complex interplay of biological and environmental factors. Research shows that homosexuality is an example of normal variation in human sexuality and is not in and of itself a source of negative psychological effects. Prejudice and discrimination against homosexual and bisexual people, however, have been shown to cause psychological harm.
Isn't Wiki interesting?
How about dictionary.reference.com ..

abnormality [ab-nawr-mal-i-tee] &#8194;
Origin
1. an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
2. an abnormal thing or event.
Also, abnormalcy.

Origin:
1850–55; abnormal +-ity

Synonyms
anomaly, aberration, peculiarity, oddity, idiosyncrasy.

Next??
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#141599 May 18, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's "screaming and yelling in your faces?" Who's "shoving garbage in your faces?" Nobody, that's who. We don't care who you sleep with. Why don't you mind your own business instead of trying to run ours?
"You want to be gay??? Go the F ahead! But get it out of our schools, govt. and everywhere you perverts are shoving it!"
Sorry. I will repeat one of my favorite things you love to hear: We're here, we're queer, get used to it.
We're taxpaying American citizens and we're not going ANYWHERE. If you have "issues" with gay people, I suggest you take it up with a good psychiatrist.
Only the selfish and mentaly inept would believe that it is alright to "MANDATE" your perversion / sickness be required to be taught in public schools to other peoples children! You are very sick individuals! Very, very sick!
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#141602 May 18, 2012
<quoted text>Yes, bud, most of the hate crimes are gay oin gay, as in Matthew Shepard.
ALso, FBI crime reports, Black, religion, and sexual orientation a distant third, with most being gays on gays and the primary target gays on transsexuals.
Enjoy the ride, it is about to get bumpy.
Thank you True Truth. You've independently verified about what I said about this Rnl2008 fool. For those of you who don't know, Rose goes by many socks. Her real name is Grace or (pedo). Her hatred against gays (especially black gays- which is strange since she is black herself) began when she paid a prostitute for sex. It turns out what she said was that she thought it was a women when in reality she turned out to be a he (a transvestite)
What's not clear if Pedo caught aids or not. That was never clarified.
Pedo, I have one question, you never saw his balls? Really? The Adams apple or the large hands never gave it away? You admitted on the other thread to noticing it but it didn't set off the alarms?
Let me tell you something Pedo, Rnl2008, Rose T-H, Mrs Whitewater, H Lesbo and many other socks too numerous to name.
Get a life loser.
Oh and by the way Pedo, no one wants to read your diary either. I will suck you off for pay.
The following are the number of hate crimes motivated by sexual orientation bias as reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation under The Hate Crimes Statistics Act of 1990:

2008: 1,617 hate crime offenses based on sexual-orientation bias were reported by law enforcement agencies. Of these offenses:
•58.6 percent were classified as anti-male homosexual bias.
•25.7 percent were reported as anti-homosexual bias.
•12.0 percent were prompted by an anti-female homosexual bias.
•2.0 percent were the result of an anti-heterosexual bias.
•1.7 percent were classified as anti-bisexual bias.
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#141604 May 18, 2012
Justa me wrote:
<quoted text>
of "is, is".
War heros are abnormal as well as anyone with better abilities than the normal population.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#141605 May 18, 2012
let them get married, its not hurting anyone.
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#141606 May 18, 2012
Justa me wrote:
<quoted text>
How about dictionary.reference.com ..
abnormality [ab-nawr-mal-i-tee] &#8194;
Origin
1. an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
2. an abnormal thing or event.
Also, abnormalcy.
Origin:
1850–55; abnormal +-ity
Synonyms
anomaly, aberration, peculiarity, oddity, idiosyncrasy.
Next??
Your point being that abnormal is a bad thing?
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#141607 May 18, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
The following are the number of hate crimes motivated by sexual orientation bias as reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation under The Hate Crimes Statistics Act of 1990:
2008: 1,617 hate crime offenses based on sexual-orientation bias were reported by law enforcement agencies. Of these offenses:
•58.6 percent were classified as anti-male homosexual bias.
•25.7 percent were reported as anti-homosexual bias.
•12.0 percent were prompted by an anti-female homosexual bias.
•2.0 percent were the result of an anti-heterosexual bias.
•1.7 percent were classified as anti-bisexual bias.
Is that 1617 in the whole USA??? That is a very miniscule amount!
Is that even 1% of hate crimes commited in the USA? Let alone all violent crimes!
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#141608 May 18, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the selfish and mentaly inept would believe that it is alright to "MANDATE" your perversion / sickness be required to be taught in public schools to other peoples children! You are very sick individuals! Very, very sick!
Mostly the only thing being taught in public school is that there are homosexuals that have contributed to our society. Just like there were chinese, blacks, hispanics, native american indians that have contributed.
As far as sex acts, if taught are no different than being taught heterosexual acts, most sexualities practice the same sex acts.
Can you name a sex act that homosexual do, that no heterosexual does?
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#141609 May 18, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly the only thing being taught in public school is that there are homosexuals that have contributed to our society. Just like there were chinese, blacks, hispanics, native american indians that have contributed.
As far as sex acts, if taught are no different than being taught heterosexual acts, most sexualities practice the same sex acts.
Can you name a sex act that homosexual do, that no heterosexual does?
That the most / the majority / and almost all don't do? Yes... sodomy.
And I would venture to say that the most of those are bi-sexual too!
And if you think that, that is all that is being taught in the public schools? You are very naive!!!
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#141610 May 18, 2012
that should have been:
And I would venture to say that the most of those who do, are bi-sexual too!

Sorry, it has been a long week!
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#141611 May 18, 2012
<quoted text>which is why the gays lied about Matthew Shepard, when they knew he had HIV and his gay partner, McKinney killed him for drugs, money and fear of outing.
You have been misled about most everything.
The truth about who, and why shepard was killed.

Police arrested Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson shortly after the attack, finding the bloody gun and Shepard's shoes and wallet in their truck.[16]
Henderson and McKinney later tried to persuade their girlfriends to provide alibis for them.[17]
At trial, McKinney offered various rationales to justify his actions. He originally pleaded the gay panic defense, arguing that he and Henderson were driven to temporary insanity by alleged sexual advances by Shepard. At another point, McKinney's lawyer stated that they had wanted to rob Shepard but never intended to kill him.[16]
The prosecutor in the case alleged that McKinney and Henderson pretended to be gay in order to gain Shepard's trust.[18] During the trial, Kristen Price, girlfriend of McKinney, testified that Henderson and McKinney had "pretended they were gay to get [Shepard] in the truck and rob him".[19][20] McKinney and Henderson went to the Fireside Lounge and selected Shepard after he arrived. McKinney alleged that Shepard asked them for a ride home.[19]
After befriending him, they took him to a remote area outside of Laramie where they robbed him, assaulted him severely, and tied him to a fence with a rope from McKinney's truck while Shepard pleaded for his life. Media reports often contained the graphic account of the pistol whipping and his fractured skull. It was reported that Shepard was beaten so brutally that his face was completely covered in blood, except where it had been partially washed clean by his tears.[21][22] Both girlfriends also testified that neither McKinney nor Henderson were under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time.[23][24]
Henderson pleaded guilty on April 5, 1999 and agreed to testify against McKinney to avoid the death penalty; he received two consecutive life sentences. The jury in McKinney's trial found him guilty of felony murder. As they began to deliberate on the death penalty, Shepard's parents brokered a deal, resulting in McKinney receiving two consecutive life terms without the possibility of parole.[25]
Henderson and McKinney were incarcerated in the Wyoming State Penitentiary in Rawlins, later being transferred to other prisons because of overcrowding.[26]

The truth about whether shepard was HIV positive.

The Vanity Fair article also reported that Matthew tested HIV-positive in the hospital after the October attack. Mrs. Shepard said that since her son was raped in Morocco, he had been tested periodically for HIV and the results had been negative. The magazine article did not give any sources other than the interview with Mrs. Shepard. Albany County Coroner Julie Heggie told The Associated Press that she had no information about whether Matthew was HIV-positive. "I know that's not in the autopsy report, " Heggie said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California officials concerned about possible I... 10 hr Solarman 1
Need help scoring 15 hr Riccardo Fire 2
News The most powerful California governor will be t... 20 hr Raydot 10
News Trinity School in Ukiah to close - update (May '09) Wed Nurse Whitney 83
News California governor proposes one-tunnel water plan Tue Solarman 1
Truthfinder site is not a legal website... Tue Your Service Prov... 5
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) Jan 15 JTTGhey 7,212

Woodland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance