Yolo Housing Authority facing further cuts

There are 8 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Jan 30, 2011, titled Yolo Housing Authority facing further cuts. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

As a result of spending cuts proposed by Congress, Yolo County Housing could be seeing less funding, affecting low-income families who need housing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

Living Within Your Means

Orangevale, CA

#1 Jan 30, 2011
When all else fails move to an area you can afford. California is very expensive and becoming more so every day. Businesses are moving out because of the hostile business environment, high taxes and fees. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
George

Grand Prairie, TX

#2 Jan 30, 2011
As well it should! They aren't exempt from criminal over spending by the Dark Side.
George

Grand Prairie, TX

#3 Jan 30, 2011
Ps.

Time for freeloaders to find another State to feed from. Please, leave California! The Locust have ravaged US.
Taking Advantage

Colfax, CA

#4 Jan 30, 2011
I think what's sad is that A LOT of these people that are on Section 8, have been on the program for YEARS and have no desire to get off of it. Therefore, causing Yolo County to have no openings for new applicants. This program has been closed to any new applicants for quite some time with a HUGE waiting list. I think they should only allow these people to be on section 8 for so many years and then make them get off of the program.
About time

West Sacramento, CA

#5 Jan 30, 2011
Taking Advantage wrote:
I think what's sad is that A LOT of these people that are on Section 8, have been on the program for YEARS and have no desire to get off of it. Therefore, causing Yolo County to have no openings for new applicants. This program has been closed to any new applicants for quite some time with a HUGE waiting list. I think they should only allow these people to be on section 8 for so many years and then make them get off of the program.
I agree. Lisa Baker's comments about a greater need because of higher unemployment are totally misleading. The recently unemployed are going on the list anyway. Shouldn't the free loaders have to cut back, just like us working people.
wdld

West Sacramento, CA

#6 Jan 30, 2011
I have known several women with 3 or 4 children living with the father, but unmarried. The fathers make a very good income, upwards of 80 grand but the moms do not report it because they are unmarried. There needs to be some way of checking on this type of fraud.

Since: Jun 10

United States

#7 Jan 30, 2011
Start publishing the lists of people who are on these programs, we need to know. WikiLeaks where are you?
Woodlander

Tahoe City, CA

#8 Jan 30, 2011
It is about time, I say eliminate the program all together. I guarantee you the crime rate will go down and quality of life around here will improve. While we are at it close the Wayfarer Center, as long as you provide food, shelter etc. etc. etc. to transients you will get more and more and then be obligated to do more and more.

It is time for the County and State to stop supporting people for their entire lives. To help is one thing, but to encourage and allow them to live off the backs of others is just plain wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) 2 hr NeroOG 6,788
News The underground world of cockfighting (Dec '08) 6 hr Roy 154
News New California parole team targets sex offenders (Nov '10) 6 hr Sgt Kronk 19
News California government says it's meeting water-s... 18 hr Coal is King 2
Help keep my topic at NUMBER TWO!! (Jun '08) Sun NeroOG 1,276
Lori Sue Jordan (Oct '14) Sun DeMarcusLeRoyal 8
News Muslim Day: Bay Area faithful come to Sacrament... May 2 Mohammed Allah Fe... 23
More from around the web

Woodland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]