Stop that train 'cause we need to get...

Stop that train 'cause we need to get off!

Posted in the Woodland Forum

cwi530

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2012
In 2008 we voted on a $33 billion high speed rail project. Now four years later we are being told the cost will be closer to $100 billion. Millions have already been "spent" and the cost will surely reach $150 billion before the first passenger climbs on board.

For decades now California legislators have had a hard time predicting how much their feel-good projects would cost the tax payers. I hate to say it but we're used to our elected officials inability to manage the states resources.

When you consider the numerous stops needed to achieve the projected number of passengers and the distance required for a train to reach "high speed" then safely stop again, high speed rail ends up being only slightly faster then Amtrack.

In California our elected officials don't represent the will of the people. California's elected officials repress the will of the people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Whata s the best way to end L.A.a s homeless cr... Sat RiccardoFire 12
News California governor denies parole for Manson fo... Fri never-Parole 1
News Victorville ranked No. 9 on 'California's most ... Fri Lulubelle Fire 5
Pro TPP, Banking Tim Kaine Fits ClintonVP Fri ClintonVP 1
News Sacramento Gas Prices Creeping Up Fri Go Blue Forever 9
News Manteca Gang Unit Makes Big Discovery (Oct '07) Thu KES 41
Stanislaus County District Attorney admits stea... Jul 21 Lawful Property o... 2

Woodland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodland Mortgages