ReVonda Bowen Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jason Ibarra

Atlanta, GA

#1 May 20, 2006
ReVonda Bowen's new project has made individuals revisit an issue that has always been a hot one in the United States, racism. She has posted a new site, http://revondabowen.blogspot.com , please visit and let us know what you would like to see brought up in this project so that we can make sure all issues and concerns are covered. Thank you.
Bill Chasin

Manorville, NY

#2 Oct 16, 2006
I read the book and all I can say it was a waste of money. I know her from a club that she worked at... all I can say is that that night she made no mistakes and didn't shed a tear. All you heard was her moaning all night long.
ReVonda Bowen Project

Sicamous, Canada

#3 Nov 5, 2006
Which club did you work at with her?
Bill Chasin wrote:
I read the book and all I can say it was a waste of money. I know her from a club that she worked at... all I can say is that that night she made no mistakes and didn't shed a tear. All you heard was her moaning all night long.
harry

Kingston, PA

#4 Feb 19, 2007
i no her well she is nice woman . and she pass thru bad time. and i pry for her all time where evere she now be happy.
Don

United States

#5 Jun 12, 2007
don't belive any thing you read one third of what your here and only half of what you see. before you get all tearer eyed. you should ask what went on befor the tear jecker.
JankyChange

United States

#6 Jun 13, 2007
hehe, It must be nice to go on opra, make some extra cash just cause your mixed race!
Jason I

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jun 29, 2007
Do you know what happened and what the real truth was? Please email me @ [email protected]
I have a pending court case going on with my daughter with her, any information would be great. I definitely was tricked into who she really was and I am learning quite a bit now. Please let me know if you get a chance.

Thank you.

Jason
Don wrote:
don't belive any thing you read one third of what your here and only half of what you see. before you get all tearer eyed. you should ask what went on befor the tear jecker.
Joe J

United States

#8 Jul 29, 2007
Jason I wrote:
Do you know what happened and what the real truth was? Please email me @ [email protected]
I have a pending court case going on with my daughter with her, any information would be great. I definitely was tricked into who she really was and I am learning quite a bit now. Please let me know if you get a chance.
Thank you.
Jason
<quoted text>
last i heard she was with this short man from GA her biggist problem is going out with sorry men and if that is a crime she would get life without probation ...
Tracy

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jul 29, 2007
I have known Vonda for 8 years and I believe you negative people are just jealous. She is a beautiful, trustworthy, loving person and always has been. The point (of the book) was not that she is of 2 races but how she was treated unfairly. This world needs to see the end of racism! So, she worked at a club-she didn't do anything illegal or immoral. That is part of her past, none of you have ever made any mistakes or things you may have wanted to changed or even regret?!! Go find God...
Billy

Schaumburg, IL

#10 Jul 30, 2007
I believe this Jason fella is trying to get ammunition to use against Vonda on tommorrow...and Joe J don't know nothing because he stated "last I heard". If you don't know for sure, then don't say anything. Only God can judge. I agree with Tracy...everyone has a past. Whether it is good, bad or indifferent, it's your past. And if the truth be told, we all have something we would like to do all over again - THE RIGHT WAY!!!
Nadine

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Aug 1, 2007
Revonda,

There are certainly different types of men out there. Most of them try to tear you down...what you need to find you is a GOD-fearing man that can restore. What I mean by that is...find a man that will support whatever you have going on in your life...find you a man that can minister to your life and to your heart...find you a man that can be a father to your son and your daughter even if they are not his. When you find this type of man, then you do what is right and live your life in the will of GOD and watch how GOD will bless you and him. My two cents!
Xavier

Morrow, GA

#12 Sep 14, 2007
Well, I certainly stumbled onto this blog! I know ReVonda very well, and protested on that racist institution they call RCHS. I grew up and attended the school up until Jr. High, but soon moved away in order to get the training I needed to succeed. My dad fought those bastards everyday and the school is better for it.

Good for you Revonda, no matter what they say here always know you made a difference and shall not be forgotten!

-X
Deejay

Norfolk, VA

#13 Sep 29, 2007
I have known her her whole life . For all of you who have known her just long enough to draw a conclussion, get a life. To put someone on trial for the person they are or the life they lead is just a way of avoiding the truth. She was mistreated, degraded and she is not the only victim of that individual. You all make such strong comments but none of you mentioned the event that lead to all of this.
Bobcat

Weaver, AL

#14 Nov 13, 2007
This now Woman drug a town and a county threw the mud with her LIES. I mean Jesus people the county elected the man that supposedly offended her superintendent. So the essence is that no one in RANDOLPH COUNTY BELIEVED HER! WE still do not believe her! I guess she got famous like she wanted.
Kristal

United States

#15 Dec 22, 2007
I know Revonda, she is a very sweet person. Like most women she has been mistreated by men she trusted.Like most black people she has been mistreated for the color of her skin. I lived in Alabama for a few years. It is one of the worst places to live. It is truly stuck in a time zone of "Jim Crow" days.It doesn't surprise me that ignorant people from her hometown persecute her for what happened. It is a vicious cycle in our history.
james -Virginia Beach

Newport News, VA

#16 Jun 3, 2008
Vonda was put here on earth for a reason. She did not have any say on whether or not she wanted to enter the world. She is a great person at heart trying to better herself and the world who are in similar situation to just be known and a voice heard.No one here on this earth can judge you so live a gloriuos and prosperous life!!
LADY BENJAMIN

Memphis, TN

#17 Mar 20, 2009
I grew up in a town like that Carthage Tn for a lil while. These things happen. The Issue is not ABOUTT WHO SHE DATES OR HAS DATED OR HOW SHE LIVES STUPID.. THE ISSUE IS ABOUT BEING MISTREATED, THATS IT AND THATS ALL SOME PEOPLE ARE SCARED LITTLE CHICKENS AND NEVER SPEAK UP AND SOME HAVE A VOICE .. AND THE ONES WITH THE VOICE MAKE IT EASIER ON THE NEXT GENERATION, OR GROUP ect... Everything happens for a reason and if it wasnt meant to happen it wouldnt of ..IF YOU SO CALLED PEOPLE AGAINST THESE ACCUSATIONS BELEIVE IN A GOD THE REAL GOD, FATHER SON AND THE HOLY GHOST YOU WOULD ACT CHRIST LIKE (CHRISTIAN ) AND NOT JUDGE, NOT TALK, JUST PRAY....AND IF YOU CAN T DO THAT THEN YOU ARE NOT ALL PERFECT EITHER... SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE...I HAVE MET HER SHE IS A GREAT MOM AND SHE WORKS HARD EVERYDAY FROM SUN UP TO SUN DOWN....SHE PRAYS , SHE IS A MODEL, SHE IS A BUSINESS WOMAN, A SINGLE PARENT, AND REGAURDING TO THE MEN SHE CHOSE IF WE HAVENT ALL HAD A BAD ONE U WILL OR U WAS BLIND..........LADY BENJAMIN
James

United States

#18 Jun 20, 2009
The only thing that surprised me was that it took so long (around 17 or 18 years) for someone to tell her she was a coon.
greg

Moody, AL

#19 Jun 24, 2009
yea i knew vonda for several years, she never had any problems blending in with either race that i saw, they all accepted her. i think it is all about money and how they can play that "race card" to get it, that is truly the sad part that people buy into the b/s. i dont care what color you are, the rules are the rules and if you cant follow them then you should go someplace else, not have the school burned down.
DeCarlos Bennett

Lilburn, GA

#20 Aug 6, 2009
I just met Vonda and I love everything about her! Ya'll haters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for Lois (Feb '14) Apr 25 Clark 8
Swann (Sep '12) Jan '16 Tink 2
Up To $5,000.00 Reward (Oct '13) Jan '16 Marylynn 2
News Hall fights for public breast-feeding (Mar '06) Dec '15 cdjrvs 446
Review: Alabama CUE Club & Restaurant LLC Dec '15 BOBBY 2
Anyone ever hear how Charles, Barbara, Scott, a... (Nov '12) Nov '15 Alabama people 2
Looking (Feb '12) Oct '15 Jerry 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodland Mortgages