what has happened to our beautiful city

what has happened to our beautiful city

Posted in the Woodlake Forum

what happened to woodlake

Kihei, HI

#1 Mar 30, 2009
I am so saddened by the condition of our once beautiful little town. On a recent trip back home, I could not believe how run down everything has become. Gone is the beautiful little yard once tended by Mrs. Mayfield on Whitney street. Mrs. Kress and the Legakes homes are basically destroyed. Mrs. Rippetoes home on Palm street? What an eyesore. The once beautiful homes that lined Valencia blvd. in front of City Hall are so run down it brings tears to my eyes. Seems the well manicured lawns of the recent past are only to be found in memories. The people that have purchased these properties as well as too many others to mention should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. I drove these streets to see basically the trashiest types of yards imaginable. Lazy people, run down homes. I wonder what will be the next casualty? Will it be the Villegas house on Cypress/Whitney? Nope - they're still there and the home is still well kept. I just wonder if anyone on the City Counsel is doing anything about this horrible thing that has swept the community. Do they realize what this does to property values as well as the overall value of the community? I dare any council member to reply to this with any sort of legitimate and valid response.
JeffB

Columbus, IN

#2 Mar 31, 2009
I have to agree with you, but perhaps it also has to do with the fact that you can't ever go back. When I visited Woodlake for a funeral some 10 or so years ago, everything seemed dry and withered. I remember there were always pristine yards with beautiful homes, but there were yards with barespots, plastic toys and derelict cars, too. I know how you feel, and it hurts, but I tell myself that this is part of growing up, and growing old. I like this explanation more than the alternative, which is that people have gotten lazier and worse in nature.
what happened to woodlake wrote:
I am so saddened by the condition of our once beautiful little town. On a recent trip back home, I could not believe how run down everything has become. Gone is the beautiful little yard once tended by Mrs. Mayfield on Whitney street. Mrs. Kress and the Legakes homes are basically destroyed. Mrs. Rippetoes home on Palm street? What an eyesore. The once beautiful homes that lined Valencia blvd. in front of City Hall are so run down it brings tears to my eyes. Seems the well manicured lawns of the recent past are only to be found in memories. The people that have purchased these properties as well as too many others to mention should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. I drove these streets to see basically the trashiest types of yards imaginable. Lazy people, run down homes. I wonder what will be the next casualty? Will it be the Villegas house on Cypress/Whitney? Nope - they're still there and the home is still well kept. I just wonder if anyone on the City Counsel is doing anything about this horrible thing that has swept the community. Do they realize what this does to property values as well as the overall value of the community? I dare any council member to reply to this with any sort of legitimate and valid response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devin Nunes (May '17) Jan 4 Who 22
News Operation Baby Face snares nine in Tulare Count... (Mar '17) Jan 4 Who 16
News Departing Visalia hospital CEO looks at nearly ... (Mar '17) Jan 4 Who 6
josh riley gave me hiv (Dec '14) Dec 27 Covfefe 12
VISALIA home of the homewrecking ho's? Dec '17 Who 3
Sonya chavez Dec '17 Ifolnyyouknewmenow 1
News Visalia man arrested as suspect in church burgl... (Feb '17) Dec '17 Who 9

Woodlake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance