Hike to Help: Volunteer in Sequoia National Park

Posted in the Woodlake Forum

Schmidt

Washington, DC

#1 Jun 8, 2009
Sequoia National Park needs your help. Join the park’s volunteer team!
Is Mineral King your favorite destination? Join the fully trained Trail Trekker team. Work directly under the supervision of a park ranger and explore the Mineral King area while sharing your knowledge and experience with visitors. Volunteers will also report trail conditions and any other observations to park staff.
This volunteer group was modeled from the successful River Rover program that formed in response to several deaths in the Kaweah River. Since 2005, it has saved countless lives by educating the public on river etiquette.
If you would like to be a part of either one of these exciting groups visit www.nps.gov/SEKI and look under SUPPORT YOUR PARKS / VOLUNTEER.
citizen

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Can kids volunteer? I know tons of 5th graders taht are looking for summer fun and love the outdoors.
Schmidt

United States

#3 Jun 12, 2009
Kids can volunteer. Mineral King is at 7,000 ft. and has very steep terrian. The purpose of this group is to have more eyes on the trails. Please contact Sequoia and Kings Canyon's volunteer coordiator, who you can find on the website, and they can best direct the potential volunteers.
citizen

United States

#4 Jun 18, 2009
thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen found dead in Lindsay cemetery ID'd (Oct '11) Nov 22 Unheardof 27
christmas free gifts Nov 4 Eyes For u 1
Review: Checker Taxicab-Visalia Oct 31 iloveyou 1
reyes (Dec '11) Oct 29 Jose 8
check it out Oct 28 Eyes For u 1
Accused Child Molester "Pastor" Bob Grenier of ... (Feb '12) Oct '14 Good questions 783
Devin Nunez' Record Oct '14 david559 9
Woodlake Dating
Find my Match

Woodlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Woodlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Woodlake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:41 pm PST