JackB

Waxhaw, NC

#4841 May 4, 2013
Rich D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a good point and I am far from convinced about Bailey. It is the same for Okposo: I am ready to give him credit for a good game last nite but, considering that it took 319 games for him to do it, I have to guess that another first round pick would have gotten to it a little sooner.
I guess the bottom line is that not only do these guys lack grit size and toughness they just don't bring their best game every night. The difference between winners and losers.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4842 May 4, 2013
Rich D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a good point and I am far from convinced about Bailey. It is the same for Okposo: I am ready to give him credit for a good game last nite but, considering that it took 319 games for him to do it, I have to guess that another first round pick would have gotten to it a little sooner.

Ah gee, go easy on Okbozo, remember Pheneuf[sp] knocked him semi unconscious about 3 years ago, some guys take longer to come back from having their brains scrambled, and losing any sack they may have had once, and watching him in his 1st fight the other night he should read "Hockey fights for dummies", he may learn something, nah I doubt it, once a wuss, always a wuss.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4843 May 5, 2013
I knew disaster was going to happen, once they went up 2 zip, I said no way will they hold it, and that is what happens when you have the 2nd, or 3rd worse defense in the league,and that includes Streit,Hamonic, and visnovsky.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#4844 May 6, 2013
all they need to do is stay out of the penalty box

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#4845 May 6, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
all they need to do is stay out of the penalty box
Easier said then done...if you stare at Crosby long enough they'll blow the whistle. What a horrible horrible call in OT of a playoff game. The NHLs Golden Boy

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#4846 May 6, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Easier said then done...if you stare at Crosby long enough they'll blow the whistle. What a horrible horrible call in OT of a playoff game. The NHLs Golden Boy

keep crying....get over the nets yet?? lmao

Daytona Beach

#4847 May 6, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Easier said then done...if you stare at Crosby long enough they'll blow the whistle. What a horrible horrible call in OT of a playoff game. The NHLs Golden Boy
yes, it was judgement call; none the less, Brian Strait is the goat. He lost position on Crosby and let him move to the net. We discussed many times on this forum about their lack of size on "D". Right now, they are losing on special teams.....badly
Rich D

Monroe, NY

#4848 May 7, 2013
RICH L wrote:
I knew disaster was going to happen, once they went up 2 zip, I said no way will they hold it, and that is what happens when you have the 2nd, or 3rd worse defense in the league,and that includes Streit,Hamonic, and visnovsky.
I still have no idea how we figured that Erskine wasn't good enough to keep.
Rich D

Monroe, NY

#4849 May 7, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
I wouldn't even mind that call if they would also call little things like Letang chopping Grabner in the balls and the overall mugging that Tavares has been skating thru every time he crosses the blue line.
Rich D

Monroe, NY

#4850 May 7, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, it was judgement call; none the less, Brian Strait is the goat. He lost position on Crosby and let him move to the net. We discussed many times on this forum about their lack of size on "D". Right now, they are losing on special teams.....badly
Hickey is another one of our skilled but woefully undersized dmen, and I thought it was right to sit him. But I do wonder if he would have covered better on that play.
Rich D

Monroe, NY

#4851 May 7, 2013
Well, Boys, we waited a long time for this and we might as well accept the crap that we are stuck with and, as much as we can, enjoy what positives there are to be found. Too late to change the squad so, even if Andy Hilbert were back (and I cannot believe that I am saying this), I would have to cheer for the twerp. Hell, I usually puke at he sight of Mike Milbury but even HE got my support when blasted the league's suspension of Gryba.

It pissed me off to drop from sixth to eighth place in the final regular season games but, seeing how the Caps are playing (it took all kinds of stripe support for the league to fix a game for the Rags last nite), maybe it wasn't such a bad result.

Daytona Beach

#4852 May 7, 2013
Rich D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hickey is another one of our skilled but woefully undersized dmen, and I thought it was right to sit him. But I do wonder if he would have covered better on that play.
me too; in game one, the Pens really went after him. The only thing soft on Crosby is his head. He is a lot stronger than people give him credit for.

Daytona Beach

#4853 May 7, 2013
Rich D wrote:
Well, Boys, we waited a long time for this and we might as well accept the crap that we are stuck with and, as much as we can, enjoy what positives there are to be found. Too late to change the squad so, even if Andy Hilbert were back (and I cannot believe that I am saying this), I would have to cheer for the twerp. Hell, I usually puke at he sight of Mike Milbury but even HE got my support when blasted the league's suspension of Gryba.
It pissed me off to drop from sixth to eighth place in the final regular season games but, seeing how the Caps are playing (it took all kinds of stripe support for the league to fix a game for the Rags last nite), maybe it wasn't such a bad result.
5 on 5; they are playing the Pens as good as anyone else can. What's even more frustrating, the old Fleury has showed up in net. As we saw from game 2, tie game going into the third, no penalties, one huge bounce and the period was won. Either they dig up Lorne Henning or play smarter is the plan tonight. Less time in the sin bin, Isles advantage.
Rich D

Monroe, NY

#4854 May 7, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
5 on 5; they are playing the Pens as good as anyone else can. What's even more frustrating, the old Fleury has showed up in net. As we saw from game 2, tie game going into the third, no penalties, one huge bounce and the period was won. Either they dig up Lorne Henning or play smarter is the plan tonight. Less time in the sin bin, Isles advantage.
Good point about staying even: and it seems like it isn't even the physical guys - Martin, Carkner and, to a lesser extent, Czikas - that are leaving us short handed. Gotta tip my hat to them.

And threee hits from Grabner in a single shift? GO GET'EM, KILLER!!!!
Rich D

Monroe, NY

#4855 May 7, 2013
Maybe JT & Grabner can light 'em up tonite. If so, we might be able to pull this off.
JackB

Waxhaw, NC

#4856 May 7, 2013
Rich D wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have no idea how we figured that Erskine wasn't good enough to keep.
My guess is that Wank was horrified when Erskine wanted to get paid.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4857 May 7, 2013
Anyone else hear Butchie comparing Okposo to John Tonelli, in the post game show? Ha, no doubt Okposo has elevated his game finally, but a comparision like that should get Butchie a nice soft room in a mental ward. lol
Rich D

Monroe, NY

#4858 May 7, 2013
Amazing game, beyond anything I (and most other folks) expected. However many PP's we were on, it probably should have been four more; but even that didn't kill us.

Gotta hope that, if McD is down, they bring back Hickey and not Martinek, which will kill us. Rather stick with five Dmen.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#4859 May 7, 2013
Everyone getting on the bandwagon I see.....nothing worse then frontrunning fans...i'll bring up some earlier posts from you fools some night for laughs
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#4860 May 7, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Everyone getting on the bandwagon I see.....nothing worse then frontrunning fans...i'll bring up some earlier posts from you fools some night for laughs
No ones a big frontrunner fan than you fatso tman........muts suck so than you become a sox fan you bitter fat moron.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 min Pearl Jam 309,578
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 25 min jimi-yank 315,113
News Hidden cameras show airport workers stealing 43 min xplode 48
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 52,691
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) 2 hr vib_ram 558
Rap artist with a unique story. 3 hr UBANK RECORDS 1
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr _Zoey_ 11,050

Fire Warning for Queens County was issued at April 18 at 3:49AM EDT

More from around the web

Woodhaven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]