Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311898 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

grumpy

Northport, NY

#307420 Aug 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes real science test what they have, but never have they made a rock into a living anything, in which they say we all began, so untill they do you and others will take what they say about the origins of life by faith.
Plus you're wrong about the bible thingy. I've done alittle jail ministry, and those little new test we handed out made perfect rolling papers for many inmates :)
Scientists made urine out of raw chemicals.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#307421 Aug 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Untill science can recreate what they say happened at the beginning of life, then that part you must take by faith, no matter how much you wish you were right.
if they can make a rock into a human ,dog,anything living ,ill throw my bible away,and agree with you.
Again, just because science doesn't know everything, doesn't mean there are not things that ARE known. I'm talking about geological records of the Grand Canyon, not the origins of life. Those facts are not something taken "on faith".

I don't care what you do with your bible. I don't care what you believe. When you claim that acknowledgment of scientific facts is the same as your faith in the bible, that is when I have a problem, because it is not a true statement.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#307422 Aug 7, 2013
who="not a playa1965 The folks in Florida who've been 'praying away the gay for pay' for the last couple of decades, were also very successful by that measure. By the results of their treatment program, however, not quite so much.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/...
But of course, the guy who first stated the idea that homosexuality could be 'cured' at all, admitted he was wrong last YEAR.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/may/19/...
Wonder if they're offering refunds?

In FLORIDA???

Certainly can't tell by my neighborhood ..take a walk here or go u the main street ..full of Rainbow,flags,..Not kidding either .

Location hidden

#307423 Aug 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Untill science can recreate what they say happened at the beginning of life, then that part you must take by faith, no matter how much you wish you were right.
if they can make a rock into a human ,dog,anything living ,ill throw my bible away,and agree with you.
Well there is,that Collider thing ...nit sure what it's,purpose is though .

Location hidden

#307424 Aug 7, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Knit didn't know what is the Big Bang theory.
But a,priest invented it ..so it has to be true .right???
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#307426 Aug 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh..... No, you can just keep an open mind instead of clinging to religious BS.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#307427 Aug 7, 2013
Your entire post is so absurd and has a wonderful lie about me; thanks. With each post you make, you make it obvious that you are incapable of independent thought and that you're mind is closed to anything that dare oppose your precious world view. Facts and evidence continue to be your enemy.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I? I've said many times one must come to God by faith. You guys are the one's who say you have solid proof that we evolved.
I can't believe anyone with a first grade education can't see that the origins of life are riddled with many scientist "believe ","think ",just goggle it fec, it will say evolution 101 -from soup -cells -life- lol :)
It will say many scientist "think" they are marrowing down, where life began, "perhaps "near a thermo vent in the ocean.
They even go on to say many of the "rocks " from 3.5 BILLION years ago are like the ones today. I geuss the new ones stopped spitting out life, so you must take humans (pink one and a blue one) to continue life.
That part of "science " is a joke, yet taught as fact in our schools today.
Let me change that. That part of science is a lie, and will send many to hell. Yet scince you don't believe in hell, you should be good.
You, bit, many others here have one major flaw, and so did I -it's called pride.
About a week before I was saved, I pulled over in a state park where no one was. I walked way out in the woods to pray for the first time, yet I couldn't. I thought there just "might " be some stranger "somewhere " in those woods that would see me.
That's the kinda pride I'm talking about, but if you ever reach a point where you don't have all the answeres and are ready no matter who's looking. God is always waiting :)

Location hidden

#307428 Aug 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I rather enjoy them.
Oh, you mean...science...never mind!
<quoted text>
Lol. I know..You think the Catholic priest discovered the big bang like knit does??

Does that mean y,all are buddies now??
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#307429 Aug 7, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The source of the matter is irrelevant. The Big Bang theory is that the universe was created by chance; not by design. At best, it was a fault in God's design. Branch Rickey said, "Luck is the residue of design."
How could the little brain of man know if God did or did not plan the Big Bang? The Yahweh associated w/ your synagogue doesn't sound very powerful.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#307430 Aug 7, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well doesn't it???

Trying to sed if she was really here..Madam I mean.

Lol.You x is a bit weird today

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#307431 Aug 7, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Its true, its a fact read up on it.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#307432 Aug 7, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists made urine out of raw chemicals.
Where did the raw materials come from?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307433 Aug 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I rather enjoy them.
Oh, you mean...science...never mind!
<quoted text>
Lol
I know your opinion.

I wanted NR s opinion if knits post .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307434 Aug 7, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the raw materials come from?
Ask again your opinion of knits post
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>You are lying, we never taught science like the fundies believe, ever. Did you know that a priest invented the big bang theory? Their is a list of devout Catholics and what they invented.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#307435 Aug 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well doesn't it???
Trying to sed if she was really here..Madam I mean.
Lol.You x is a bit weird today
Post to your self much? You are really showing your slack jawed,backwoods anti Catholic ,fundie mentality.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307436 Aug 7, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>Post to your self much? You are really showing your slack jawed,backwoods anti Catholic ,fundie mentality.
I'm not anti Catholic..And for the fourth time..I'm a Christian ..nit a fundie..that's rude

This is,from you guys.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...
A bunch of convoluted explanations IMO
That we may have EVOLVED FROM OTHER BIOLOGICAL FORMS .
That is,NOT at all what the BIBKE says regarding ADAM AND EVE ..
You all 'RE INTERPRETED to go along with science which. REINTERPRETS
ITSELF ALL THE TIME .
SO the TRUTH you all say is,ONLY IN YOUR CHURCH ...EVOLVES ..
And that's,fine..believe how you like ..But don't say WE,CHANGE SCRIPTURE OR REINTERPRET IT ..And not look in a mirror

That's what I'm saying ..You are free to believe as,you wish KNIT .

But don't insult me ..don't tell me what I learned ..
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#307437 Aug 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never heard of Taylor Glacier?

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#307438 Aug 7, 2013
Gtown, regarding Taylor Glacier, here's an easy diagram even you can follow :)

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Gtown71

United States

#307439 Aug 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, just because science doesn't know everything, doesn't mean there are not things that ARE known. I'm talking about geological records of the Grand Canyon, not the origins of life. Those facts are not something taken "on faith".
I don't care what you do with your bible. I don't care what you believe. When you claim that acknowledgment of scientific facts is the same as your faith in the bible, that is when I have a problem, because it is not a true statement.
Unless you or anyone was there when then Grand Canyon was formed you also take that by faith. Can't blame you for wanting to stay away from the origins of life though, it's like y'all say "you can't make this stuff up "it's so far fetched, even many scientist don't agree, but it's all they have. How about God created man, then woman? Scince then we are born, by one man and ond woman?

You say this is crazy, yet turn around and say a rock created man, then I suppose a rock created a woman? Rock worship?
Gtown71

United States

#307440 Aug 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
Your entire post is so absurd and has a wonderful lie about me; thanks. With each post you make, you make it obvious that you are incapable of independent thought and that you're mind is closed to anything that dare oppose your precious world view. Facts and evidence continue to be your enemy.
<quoted text>
I can have an open mind, but in the 29 years I didn't believe in God, I still didn't believe in the soup -cell -here we are thingy. Talk about open mind? Wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Drug Dealer Busted in Elmont (Sep '10) 2 hr Former Elmont res... 50
She was a failed Secretary of State. 2 hr Alexander 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 333,106
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 41,905
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr Patriot 12,683
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr NEMO 12,372
News Tensions Boil Between Velazquez Challenger Yung... Jun '16 SeanOsorioLee 1

Woodhaven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance