Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311316 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: May 13

Toronto, Canada

#295315 May 9, 2013
I'm very opposed to abortion. I think the only way it should be "legal" is in the case of rape or if the pregnancy poses a risk to the mother's health or the baby has a severe anomaly. If you are irresponsible to get knocked up then you should have to deal with the fall out of the pregnancy and if you don't want the baby adopt him/her out to someone who does.
52% of Americans think abortion should be legal in the States...let's change that: https://www.hubub.com/topic.php...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#295316 May 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I, personally, "have been ripping her apart"? By not offering her empathy because she left her lover after lover's stroke is "ripping her apart"?
Do explain.
She was the hero of the pro abortion movement and none of you pro choicers have anything good to say about her now.

Trying to find any articles that show her in a poor light and then discussing how awful she is.

I don't really care as she was never a hero to me but it is fun to watch you guys turn on one of your own.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295317 May 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I'm not sure it would help, lol :)
And. Lol No one would want mine for sure
Last nite it changed pro life to proliferate .
Gtown71

United States

#295318 May 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There may very well be one Divine Source of all creation, but NO ONE knows the real nature of that source, or what it wants from us, if anything. After all, why would an omniscient being need ANYTHING?
One of my favorite quotes is "All the faces the Divine shows us are true, and none of them are all truth."
Why wouldn't we want to bother people constantly with our own versions? Very simple, because some people know that religious beliefs are personal, and that our own are not the only valid beliefs. Some people also know that if a Deity is worthy of worship, no proselytizing is necessary.
No doubt there are many gods, but only One true God.

Why tell others? Well He tells us to for one, but I was doing it before I read how He wants us to. If I knew a cure for cancer and didn't tell those with cancer what I knew -what would you call me?

Yet now I know there is a God "a real God" that can save a persons soul for eternity, yet you tell me to keep it to myself?!?!?

Like those with cancer, if I tell them what to do to be healed, it is still up to them if they choose to believe me, and the same goes with God :)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#295319 May 9, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That type of "Christian" doesn't take responsibility for anything, good or bad. It's all in his god's hands and out of his own. How convenient.
I am a Christian and I take complete responsibility for my actions but ultimately my life is in God's hands. I see that you can't understand.
Gtown71

United States

#295320 May 9, 2013
Before RvW, the american people was sold another lie, when they were told legal abortion would put an end to child abuse, since only wanted children would be born. I believe since it was made legal child abuse cases have increased over 700%.
I geuss when a person is sent a message, that they may have the living child inside them killed, then they feel they can treat the child they so graciously allowed to be born however they may?!?!?
Gtown71

United States

#295321 May 9, 2013
When I was about 18 yo, I put a small dent in the back of an older ladies car. Standing in front of the judge, as He read my charges, He looked at me and asked who I had my insurance with? I told Him I had no insurance. He looked down and wrote something. He then looked up and again asked me, who do you have your insurance with? I again, a little louder, said, I have No insurance. Again He looked down and began to write. A third time He looked up, and said sir, I am asking you a simple question, WHO DO YOU HAVE YOUR INSURANCE WITH??? again much louder, I DO NOT HAVE ANY INSURANCE!

HE then said THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HAVING NO INSURANCE!

He said let me explain -you are either insured through a person or company of people who are not only willing but able to pay for all of your mistakes and mess ups, OR you are wealthy enough, that you can pay for your mistakes and mess ups, thus you're self insured -so which is it?
I said I geuss I'm self insured?!?

He said very well, and proceeded with my bill.

I hated that story at the time, and payed way more then the whole car was worth.

Sin has a high price.

You will one day stand before God, and He will know where you have your insurance.

I pray it is with the Only One, that was not only willing, but able to pay for all of your mistakes and out right mess ups :)
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295322 May 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She was the hero of the pro abortion movement and none of you pro choicers have anything good to say about her now.
Trying to find any articles that show her in a poor light and then discussing how awful she is.
I don't really care as she was never a hero to me but it is fun to watch you guys turn on one of your own.
Your blanket statement does its own injustice. But you probably won't recognize it within yourself. Much easier to point your fingers outward than inward.

I, personally, have not done anything you claim above. I have openly stated that greed is one of the deadly sins. That NM left her lover after lover had a stroke. That she left her lover to chase after money offered by the other side.

If you think that is "ripping her apart" rather than the reality, then the issue's with you, not me. If you think I am "turning on her" when I never was for or against her, then again, it's your issue to deal with.

It's her life.*She* has to deal with it. And she's had plenty of time to learn how to do so in a healthy manner. Forty plus years to be exact. She burned her bridges with both sides. Or did you not read that in the objective article Foo posted? The one you seem to think shows her in a "poor light".

You are one of the most judgmental people posting here who refuses to behave in a Christian way toward those who believe differently than you do all while you judge them harshly.

Pot Kettle Black
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#295323 May 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blanket statement does its own injustice. But you probably won't recognize it within yourself. Much easier to point your fingers outward than inward.
I, personally, have not done anything you claim above. I have openly stated that greed is one of the deadly sins. That NM left her lover after lover had a stroke. That she left her lover to chase after money offered by the other side.
If you think that is "ripping her apart" rather than the reality, then the issue's with you, not me. If you think I am "turning on her" when I never was for or against her, then again, it's your issue to deal with.
It's her life.*She* has to deal with it. And she's had plenty of time to learn how to do so in a healthy manner. Forty plus years to be exact. She burned her bridges with both sides. Or did you not read that in the objective article Foo posted? The one you seem to think shows her in a "poor light".
You are one of the most judgmental people posting here who refuses to behave in a Christian way toward those who believe differently than you do all while you judge them harshly.
Pot Kettle Black
You have judged her and maybe erroneously, not me.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295324 May 9, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I absolutely do, and you, my warped friend, are the worst sort of Christian there is. I pity you.
Your comment makes me feel great! I know now that I am a good Christian, after all, you despise us.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295325 May 9, 2013

Another Inhumane Abortionist Caught on Film
Posted on May 9, 2013 by SBrinkmann

A six-month undercover investigation has resulted in a fourth video showing the notorious late-term abortionist Leroy Carhart joking about his abortion “toolkit” used to tear babies apart during abortions in order to “take them out in pieces.”

Live Action, a youth-led pro-life organization issued a press release regarding a new video in their “Inhuman” series which documents the illegal and inhumane practices of late-term abortion centers in the U.S. The latest video captures revealing testimony from Leroy Carhart, the doctor whose case, Gonzales v. Carhart, led to the national ban on late-term abortions in 2007.leroy carhartIn this video, he is seen counseling two women in his Nebraska clinic who are in their third trimester and are seeking an abortion.

When the Live Action investigator, who is 26 weeks pregnant, asks about what happens to the baby during the procedure, Dr. Carhart responds:

Dr. Carhart: It gets soft – like, mushy – so you push it through.

Woman: So what makes the baby “mushy”?

Dr. Carhart: The fact that it’s not alive for 2 or 3 days.

Woman: Oh. So I’ll have a dead baby in me?

Dr. Carhart: For 3 days, yeah… It’s like putting meat in a crock pot, okay?… It gets softer. It doesn’t get infected or–

Woman: OK, so the dead baby in me is like meat in a crock pot.

Dr. Carhart: Pretty much, yeah … in a slow cooker.

The investigator inquires what will happen in the case of complications:

Woman: But if we run into trouble … for some reason, I’m not able to deliver, you’ll be able to get it out in pieces.

Dr. Carhart: We’d take it out…

Woman: What do you use to break it up? Just–

Dr. Carhart: A whole bunch of–

Woman: You’ve got a toolkit.

Dr. Carhart: A pickaxe, a drill bit, yeah (laughs).womenofgrace.com

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#295326 May 9, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Your comment makes me feel great! I know now that I am a good Christian, after all, you despise us.
Nonsense! Jesus died for your sins and you are holding up your end to make sure His death was not moot.

Knitter, I keep seeking the good in you, and I know you have some. But you bash most, including fellow Christians, that don't toe whatever line in the sand you've drawn. It's sad to read because I do think that buried somewhere inside your indoctrinated brain lies a caring person.
Spooner

Jackson, MS

#295327 May 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
When I was about 18 yo, I put a small dent in the back of an older ladies car. Standing in front of the judge, as He read my charges, He looked at me and asked who I had my insurance with? I told Him I had no insurance. He looked down and wrote something. He then looked up and again asked me, who do you have your insurance with? I again, a little louder, said, I have No insurance. Again He looked down and began to write. A third time He looked up, and said sir, I am asking you a simple question, WHO DO YOU HAVE YOUR INSURANCE WITH??? again much louder, I DO NOT HAVE ANY INSURANCE!
He said let me explain -you are either insured through a person or company of people who are not only willing but able to pay for all of your mistakes and mess ups, OR you are wealthy enough, that you can pay for your mistakes and mess ups, thus you're self insured -so which is it?
I hated that story at the time, and payed way more then the whole car was worth.
Sin has a high price.
You will one day stand before God, and He will know where you have your insurance.
I pray it is with the Only One, that was not only willing, but able to pay for all of your mistakes and out right mess ups :)
That is also the only true life insurance a person can have.

Free of charge, to anyone who wants it. Bought and paid for by the Son Of Man, not with gold or silver, but with the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believe in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Good afternoon G71, my friend.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#295328 May 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Christian and I take complete responsibility for my actions but ultimately my life is in God's hands. I see that you can't understand.
You see that is the difference between real Christians like yourself and the pagans, they love their heathen ways because they take no responsibility for their actions. They wait for the laws they like and use them as weapons or shields. When they don't like a law, they ignore it.

they hate Christians and Christianity, since it holds us accountable to God. Do you think any real Faith would tolerate or accept the vile, filthy hate spewed by Foofud on here. They love their pagan faiths but hate Christ and Christians. They have persecuted us since day one and their goal is to eliminate all real Christians.

They like the kind like Rose who kizzes their ample buts and tells them she understand why they hate her Faith,

Very sad, indeed. They are not fooling real Christians. We know them by their ways and their support of abortion on demand.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295329 May 9, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense! Jesus died for your sins and you are holding up your end to make sure His death was not moot.
Knitter, I keep seeking the good in you, and I know you have some. But you bash most, including fellow Christians, that don't toe whatever line in the sand you've drawn. It's sad to read because I do think that buried somewhere inside your indoctrinated brain lies a caring person.
There is nothing nice about abortion, the procedure is from the devil himself, a way to get back at God. Abortion is putrid and those who support the slaughter of the unborn are pathetic and misguided.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#295330 May 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She was very much a hero in 1973 to the same people trashing her now. She was terrific when she was useful to their abortion cause.
Nonsense. Nobody knew who she was until MANY years later. They were thankful for the CONCEPT, not to a person. Guess you missed that this was a class action suit huh? She really means - and meant - nothing except in the abstract.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#295331 May 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know this foo, that is why I tell others about my God, becouse my God is REAL. He has power to not only change lives, but also save souls.
He can take drunks and drug addicts, and make them into dads and moms.
Is your God real? Does He change lives and save souls? If so -why would you not want to tell others about Him?
You say you wouldn't accept my God, becouse you wouldn't want to have the same God as me and others, but My God loves you as well as all.
You may pick and choose who You deem unfit, but just know you're not so hot yourself when it comes to bring vile.
There is only One true God, and that God is only pleased with what His Son has done. Only faith in His Son, will help you.
What a steaming pile of shit.
rosesz

Dublin, Ireland

#295332 May 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Sin has a high price.
Insurance story is a good analogy.. There is a similar one called the Trial ..I think..can't find it right now
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295333 May 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have judged her and maybe erroneously, not me.
What did I judge her on? You're not very good with specifics, Ink, no matter how many times I ask for them.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#295334 May 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I won't be offended since it refers to Jews and Muslims too.
All means all. Like I said on the other thread, it's not my fault you're only using one of those definitions, instead of taking into account that there is more than one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr 3rdcoast 15,364
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Forrest 14,575
News CNN's Reality Check Team vets Trump's claims 1 hr Clinton News Network 12
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr RangerYanksJets66 40,087
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr IB DaMann 60,011
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr FuMan Chu Yanks 329,647
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Chelsea (Nov '13) 5 hr SPAM-A-LOT 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodhaven Mortgages