H.S. Football talk back
Raiders96

AOL

#6169 May 15, 2007
Bronto wrote:
Molinet Knows,
You and a few others in this forum seem to put a lot of energy in combine results. The one LI athlete I am currently following is Vallone from St A's. Back in the 80's when I played high school football if you wanted to get noticed by colleges you would go to a weeklong football camp. For example Offense-Defense Camp. This was a sleep away camp held on the campus of Fairfield University in Conn. At camp college and high school coaches in full equipment for a full week evaluated you. During the week you would be coached by a different group of coaches as well as Pro players every day. I remember being coached by Ed "too tall" Jones and John Hannah. It was a great experience. At the end of the week you would be broken down into teams based on ability. They used Oklahoma's or as some call them Nut Cracker drills to decide what team you would be placed on. On the last day you played in a scrimmage and were given a written evaluation. It seems based on posts in this forum Combines are more popular then camps. Your thoughts?
Offense-Defense Camp, I went to the one in Stony Brook&Hofstra I believe in 1992,and 1991.had Coach Cipp & Staff both times, learned a lot. The end of the camp scrimmage was great. I lived in the SB & Hoftra dorm for the week, the food was great.

Thanks for bringing it up it was a great experience for me.
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#6170 May 15, 2007
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not rate Corning East because they are not in the Tri-state area. I believe there parameters are 60 to 100 miles from the New York city line. If they fell within the parameters I am sure they would have been ranked. Let me ask you a question. Has anybody from those publications you mentioned been down to a Floyd game. Did they even watch them on TV the 3 or 4 times they were on last year. I know MSG sent atleast a reporter to a handful of Floyd games last year. How can you rank someone you have never seen. Would you like me to give my assessment on Texas school even though I have never seen any of them play. I do not like the MSG poll because they had Floyd in the top 10. I like them because they actually watch all the teams play and EVALUATE them. Mike Quick does a hell of a job with the show he does. They go all over the Tri State area covering teams.
MSG is a cable network, the same as when cablevision had the game of the week on LI. No one pays any attention to thier polls or there ratings. They take a few teams from around the area and make a cable show. You can make an assessment on any football team in any state you want and it will mean as much as MSG, nothing. Because not one college scout or college recruiter is going to read it or watch it.
They're all going to go the the major recruiting publications and combines to watch and evaluate players, they're going to go to Spring Practices in every state that has Spring Practise evaluate players and teams and watch the final Spring Practice Games.

Lakeland HS has had over 15 Major Division I scouts and recruiters at the practices for the past week and a half.
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#6171 May 15, 2007
Other team wrote:
<quoted text>
The MSG poll is a tri-state area poll which doesn't include all of NY State - thats why corning isn't part of it (check a map). I don't believe it covers all of NJ or CT either. Its just NYC and surrounding suburbs. That said I agree with prior post - they do watch alot of games for game of the week or hi-lite package so they're pretty well informed. Not sure how the other polls are done.
Who cares about MSG it's a local show, its not national. Their polls and rating system mean nothing.
Cablevision had a better show because it covered all of LI. They at least had a game of the week showing LI teams.
Bronto

Atlanta, GA

#6172 May 15, 2007
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about MSG it's a local show, its not national. Their polls and rating system mean nothing.
Cablevision had a better show because it covered all of LI. They at least had a game of the week showing LI teams.
Chuck,

There you go again putting down anything that has to do with local HS football. You might not care about MSG high school weekly but we Long Island guys do and its alot more entertaining and value added then the bullsh**t you and your multiple personalities post on this Long Island High School Football Forum. I am not a huge fan of Mike Quick's high school weekly show however Mike and his team attend games as well as evaluate teams and players from the local tri-state area. MSG does have a game of the week and they spread themselves out all over the local tri-state area to pick out top matchups in NJ,NYC,LI and Conn. At least real sports correspondents do the poll put out by MSG not a computer program. As far as your comments to Da fan comparing the MSG poll to all the publications. Is like comparing apples and oranges. The MSG poll is for a specific area (Tri-State Area) the publications you bring up are nationwide and built for recruiting MSG is for us locals. MSG has never claimed to be used for college recruiting. You and your multiple personalities or should I say minor indiscretions are becoming quite boring. You and your multiple handles are like a piece of chewed gum on the bottom of a LI High School Football Player’s cleat. As much as you are a nuisance you are quite insignificant.
Da Fan

Bronx, NY

#6173 May 15, 2007
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right it is a local show covering our kids, our schools, the people we care about. I enjoyed waking up on a Sunday morning watching the game of the week. I enjoyed watching Bosco prep, Bergen Catholic, Ft Hamilton, Curtis, Monroe Woodbury, Floyd, East Meadow, Freeport and others play. They showed the AA Jersey state championship game, the AA New York state championship game, the Class I Long Island championship game and one of the Connecticut state championship games. I am sure the scouts dont use the MSG polls and games to recruit. But to me watching someone play live in a game situation is better than watching them run the forty in some combine.
LIfan

Stamford, CT

#6175 May 15, 2007
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see why you like MSG's poll, they're the only poll system that rated/ranked Floyd in the top ten.
I also see why you don't like National Prep, MaxPrep, Freeman, Tony Poll, Rise Mag, PrepStar, USA Today, ESPN, Scouts.com , Rivals.com or SuperPrep? They don't rate Floyd very well.
It's interesting how MSG's final poll had Floyd #5, East Meadow #9 and Bellport, Lawrence, Brentwood, Freeport on the Taxi Squad. MSG had 8 teams from NJ, 7 teams from LI, 2 teams from CT, 1 team from the PSAL, and 1 team from Upstate NY(Monroe-Woodbury). What happened to a school like Corning East? Rated #2 in the State and #68 Nationally? Played 5 non-league games went 13-0, opponents won-loss record was 78-46 compared to Floyd's opponents won-loss record 56-42 and only played one out of Divsion game against East Meadow in the LIC. I guess MSG missed them, seems like they don't like to venture outside of the Tri-Area.
I went to the Rutgers Univerity football roster to look at some players Bio's from NJ and NY to see if what type of rating sevices rated them.
Ryan Blaszczyk #61 ( Scout.com )
Kenny Britt #88 ( Rivals.com and SuperPrep)
Ryan D'Imperio #44 ( Rivals.com )
Edmond Laryea #29 ( Rivals.com and PrepStar)
Blair Bines #48 ( Rivals.com )
All the ones you say are a joke.
Chuck, you make some good points but you have to admit the polls are extremely iffy at best. Some teams match up better than others and even within a "closed" system its hard to rank them (just look at the playoff upsets in Nassau last year). We have enough trouble agreeing on seedings of 12 teams or so, forget about 110+ per class. Corning East may well be an outstanding team but its not like they're playing non-leagues against Bosco or even CBA (who also doesn't seem to like challenging non-leagues!). If we want to use the D1A recruitment barometer, neither Corning E. or Auburn had one 1A athlete last year (Lepack was a junior lineman for Auburn who may wind up at SU). Heck, Auburn made the playoffs because Corcoran forfeited their season...they come from a section that (off the top of my head) only won AA in states once...yet they won the whole thing. They weren't supposed to get out of section 3! We just can't predict these things. As much as I enjoy following the recruiting game keep in mind that Rutgers also signed Romulus and Hayes who had NO other offers for D1A and Jackman who may have had one other (depending on the source!). IMHO polls are fun for debate but thats about it. I know quite a few people who were sure OSU was gonna take apart Florida this year...(the one game I've gotten right in years!)...
LIfan

Stamford, CT

#6176 May 15, 2007
Molinet Knows wrote:
Hot 11 from the Penn State Nike Camp this past Saturday of the 350 kids Invited to Attend:
State College NIKE Camp Hot 11
Brandon Beachum, LB, Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney
Beachum is strong and compact, very explosive and showed good hands. He runs good routes for a running back and adjusts to the ball well. He has an excellent burst.
E.J. Manuel, QB, Virginia Beach (Va.) Bayside High
Manuel was on target for most of the day, showed off his footwork with meticulous drops and threw with conviction. Manuel's presence is always evident and his mechanics are solid.
Boubacar Cissoko, CB, Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech
Cissoko reminded everyone of his strengths – a fluid backpedal, great hips and impressive closing speed. His size could be an issue, but his technique and ability is not.
Kevin Dorsey, WR, Forestville (Md.) Forestville High
Dorsey doesn't do anything with flash but he's a very complete receiver. He runs precise routes, catches the ball out in front with his hands and at its highest point and sells the deep ball well. Polished is the word that comes to mind when describing Dorsey.
Mike Yancich, LB, Washington (Pa.) Trinity
Yanich is thick and strong with surprising lateral movement. He's excellent in anticipating in coverage and he gets his head around quickly to defend. He was the only one who could cover Beachum effectively on the day.
Okechuckwu Okoroha, DB, Greenbelt (Md.) Eleanor Roosevelt
Okohora has good size and can turn and run. He'll be a safety at the next level but he was solid in press coverage all day. He plays the ball well in the air and has surprising closing speed for a bigger defensive back.
Nick Moody, DB, Philadelphia (Pa.) Roman Catholic
Moody is one of the best looking physical specimens you'll see this year and he backed up the package with quick feet and loose hips. He's long which helps him in coverage and he's physical at the line of scrimmage.
Reggie Ellis, DT, Washington (D.C.) Dunbar
Ellis is quickly proving he's back from nagging injuries during his junior season. His first step is as explosive as its ever been and his bull rush knocks offensive linemen off balance off the snap. Ellis is also using his hands better and mixing up his pass rush moves which makes him even harder to defend.
Mike Glennon, QB, Centreville (Va.) Westfield
Glennon has excellent mechanics and is well coached. He's confident in his drops, delivers the ball over the top and has excellent accuracy. His arm strength is good and he leads his receivers well. His skinny frame is his only negative but he'll fill out.
Leon Mackey, DE, Newark (Del.) Christiana
Mackey is so raw you hesitate ranking him too high but sometimes results outweigh technique. Mackey's footwork is still a work in progress but his frame and quickness off the snap can't be taught. Mackey beat everyone he went against in the one-on-ones.
Charles Burrell, ATH, Detroit (Mich.) Southeastern
Burrell, like Moody, is a big defensive back with good quickness. He plays a physical brand of football and outmuscles opponents at times. He's also quick getting out of his backpedal and doesn't commit too early.
#### Saw 3 LI kids paricipating, Calabrese, Brady, Andreassi. All looked like they belonged, but many impressive athletes all over the place. At least 100 College Coaches in attendance.
thanks...any ratings or any updated info on the LI kids?
Molinet Knows

Warren, NJ

#6177 May 15, 2007
Bronto wrote:
Molinet Knows,
You and a few others in this forum seem to put a lot of energy in combine results. The one LI athlete I am currently following is Vallone from St A's. Back in the 80's when I played high school football if you wanted to get noticed by colleges you would go to a weeklong football camp. For example Offense-Defense Camp. This was a sleep away camp held on the campus of Fairfield University in Conn. At camp college and high school coaches in full equipment for a full week evaluated you. During the week you would be coached by a different group of coaches as well as Pro players every day. I remember being coached by Ed "too tall" Jones and John Hannah. It was a great experience. At the end of the week you would be broken down into teams based on ability. They used Oklahoma's or as some call them Nut Cracker drills to decide what team you would be placed on. On the last day you played in a scrimmage and were given a written evaluation. It seems based on posts in this forum Combines are more popular then camps. Your thoughts?
Combines are not more popular, they just receive more hype. However, they are good camp style opportunities to prepare for and utilize for the benefit of oneself.

The Nike Camps highlighted above were not Combines, and although the name reads Elite Combine, it too, is not a Combine, which includes testing, these are Football Camps(although real football is played with pads). There is no Spring practice in the Northeast during the Evaluation Period like other regions and what Mr. Pearlman has been pointing out. So getting a chance to physically prepare for these opportunities in the Spring is a great thing for these kids. It keeps them motivated to be ready when they possibly get themsleves in front of all these college coaches before their upcoming season. Is there anything wrong with that? The Coaches are using these events to view prospects. Would they prefer the kids only attend their respective camps so other coaches they compete against don't get a chance to see, hell yes, but, that's not the way it is anymore(80's) with the internet and transparency. In all college football, kids get tested before Spring Ball, and it helps to determine depth charts. So, if these kids are doing the prepatory work now, they are helping to bulid good habits for the future, if they get the chance to play in college. These late winter and Spring 1 day camps are benefeficial, it's football, how do you get better, by experiencing and practicing more football. But there is a limit.

As far as the College Camp Experience, it still exists, and it still is a great way to get noticed by the University holding the camp or by the other coaches, from other colleges, working the camps. The College Coaches are out pounding the pavement and need to be where they can see the most and the best kids they can. College Camps still provide that opportunity. Everybody goes to camp to get better, but also to be in front of as many coaches as possible. But College Camps are not about doing the Oklahoma Drill, Nut-Cracker, and Bull in the Ring to see whose the toughest anymore and getting kids HURT, it's about finding athletes who can show they are physically fit, can run, sidestep, backpedal, run routes, do drills smoothly, throw the ball, cover guys, use their feet and hands properly blocking, amongst many other football techniques, as well as show maturity and football intelligence. The College Camps have all evolved into something that's far away from Stone Age Football.

None it means becoming a D1A player, just, hopefully, becoming a better player.
History

AOL

#6178 May 15, 2007
daler nation wrote:
<quoted text>east meadow is done, pequa has no one to replace bentz. probst from farmingdale is the real deal. farmingdale 28 - freeport 14 in the 2008 final
Since 1996 Freeport and Farmingdale have played 13 times with Freeport winning 10 of them. During that span Farmingdale has scored 28 or more points only once against Freeport (and lost 41-35 in overtime). And Farmingdale has held Freeport to 14 points or less just 3 times in the last 13 meetings. You may be right, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Emmitt

Beacon, NY

#6179 May 15, 2007
Heard Calabrese got a couple of verbal offers, and one definite offer in writing from Central Florida, based on his performance at the camp saturday.
FRIAR75DAD

Long Beach, NY

#6180 May 15, 2007
HERE IS THE LONG ISLAND ROSTER FOR THE OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE EMPIRE CHALLENGE.

NAME SCHOOL
----------
MICHAEL BARBOUR ST A'S
BRYAN BRADY FLORAL PARK
RHAMEL BRATTON HUNTINGTON
SHAMEL BRATTON HUNTINGTON
CHRISTOPHER BRIGHT EAST MEADOW
RONNIE CAMERON HOLY TRINITY
TREVOR COSTON GLENN
MALIK CROWL LAWRENCE
STEVEN DE NAPOLI HEWLETT
BRYAN DISABATO LAWRENECE
GARRETT DOLGON EAST MEADOW
CHRISTOPHER EDMOND FREEPORT
JOHN ELLIOTT EAST MEADOW
VAUGHN FLAKE BELLPORT
JAKE FRENCH EAST ISLIP
ZACH GALLO SAYVILLE
DOUG GEROWSKI CHAMINADE
BRIAN GIESECKE CHAMINADE
TERRANCE GOODING ROOSEVELT
ED GOWINS BELLPORT
RYAN HANTVERK LYNBROOK
ZACH HOWELL HUNTINGTON
JONATHON LEWIS SAYVILLE
MICHAEL MARINO LONGWOOD
KEVIN MARTIN PAT-MED
TIM MARTINO NORTHSHORE
MICHAEL MAYO ROOSEVELT
LEVY MESSINETTI LAWRENCE
JERRELL MILLIGAN LAWRENCE
ISHMOILE MOHAMMED BABYLON
IFEANYI MOMAH GLENN
JOE MONTEMURRO KINGS PARK
ROBERT MOORE BRENTWOOD
DENZAL PERSON BELLPORT
ANTHONY POLO WANTAGH
BRIAN POMPER ST A'S
WILL PORTER FREEPORT
SAL POSILLICO EAST MEADOW
JAMES PRENDERGAST BELLPORT
SHAMIK REMBERT FREEPORT
ANDREW SMITH SAYVILLE
JOHN SPRUILL BELLPORT
CASEY TERRUSO FLOYD
ANDREW TILLER CENTRAL ISLIP
MIKE TRACY EAST MEADOW
JUSTIN TURRI WEST ISLIP
DAVID WEITZ FRIENDS ACADEMY
JEROME WILLIS AMITYVILLE
JAMES WITTPENN MOUNT SINAI
JAMES YANDER FLOYD

COACHES
-------
VINNE AMMIRATO MOUNT SINAI
LOU ANDRE (HEAD COACH) LAWRENCE
JOE CIPP JR BELLPORT
BOBBY FEHRENBACH MACARTHUR
ROB HOSS SAYVILLE
JOE KNOLL LOCUST VALLEY
PAUL LONGO FLOYD
VINNY MASCIA EAST MEADOW
PAT PIZZARELLI LAWRENCE
RICH REICHERT ST A'S
ROB SHAVER PLAINEDGE
WAYNE SHIERANT WEST ISLIP
JOE VITO ROOSEVELT
HANS WIEDERKEHR BABLYON
Molinet Knows

Middle Village, NY

#6181 May 15, 2007
Emmitt wrote:
Heard Calabrese got a couple of verbal offers, and one definite offer in writing from Central Florida, based on his performance at the camp saturday.
If that's true, was it "wrong/not worth it" to attend a FREE 1 day, INVITE, football camp/combine?????

Calabrese Evaluation...Velocity, Velocity, Velocity.. The ball gets there in a hurry...Sidearm thrower, release is level with shoulder...Accuracy-Inconsiste nt...appeaars to be raw...Wild and overthrows...When pays attention and throws 3/4's looked deadly...During the Elite 11 Regional Camp(after Nike Camp), when Coach Bob Johnson(Mission Viejo, Rob Johnson-NFL), stayed on top of him, he payed atention to mechanics, otherwise, chucked it... Velocity..Calabrese has natural velocity...Every Coach knows you can't TEACH VELOCITY, LIKE YOU CAN'T TEACH SIZE...Athletic enough, although not smooth, but no comparison to EJ Manuel, Mike Glennon, others...Reminds of Jeff George(Illinois/Colts/Raiders) with Velocity and Side Arm Release...Raw with Potential.
FRIAR FAN

Pearl River, NY

#6183 May 15, 2007
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
I love MSG. I looked forward to watching every Tuesday night where we were sure to see my son's team highlighted. I don't care about polls or ratings but I love seeing the kids recognized. I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Quick after the St. Anthony/Chaminade game at Hofstra and was so impressed by his genuine enthusiasm for the kids and their teams.The main thing is they focus on the POSITIVE not the negative. Many of you could learn from them.
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#6184 May 15, 2007
FRIAR FAN wrote:
<quoted text>I love MSG. I looked forward to watching every Tuesday night where we were sure to see my son's team highlighted. I don't care about polls or ratings but I love seeing the kids recognized. I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Quick after the St. Anthony/Chaminade game at Hofstra and was so impressed by his genuine enthusiasm for the kids and their teams.The main thing is they focus on the POSITIVE not the negative. Many of you could learn from them.
Bring back cablevisions LI High School Sports Center at least it covered all of LI, and every team.
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#6185 May 15, 2007
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right it is a local show covering our kids, our schools, the people we care about. I enjoyed waking up on a Sunday morning watching the game of the week. I enjoyed watching Bosco prep, Bergen Catholic, Ft Hamilton, Curtis, Monroe Woodbury, Floyd, East Meadow, Freeport and others play. They showed the AA Jersey state championship game, the AA New York state championship game, the Class I Long Island championship game and one of the Connecticut state championship games. I am sure the scouts dont use the MSG polls and games to recruit. But to me watching someone play live in a game situation is better than watching them run the forty in some combine.
Aren't you the guy that cried that you didn't want to hear about other states and their teams? Now all of sudden you like hearing about NJ and Connecticut. You of all people should be anti MSG since you don't like hearing about other states football teams, only Floyd.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#6186 May 16, 2007
Bronto wrote:
Molinet Knows,
I wish I would've had the opportunity to attend these Nike, MSL, and EA Sports Combines while I was playing. Today it is very important for football players that don't have Spring Football Practice to attend as many as they can during the year. May 1 begins College recruiting, some of the other posts mentioned states that are in or are going to be in full swing Spring Football. Where do you think the Major Division I scouts and recruiters are going to be? Certainly not in NY. These combines give players an opportunity to expose themselves to scouts and recruiters even though they don't have Spring Football. Other wise they would never be noticed. The one poster listed 11 scouts and recruiters watching a Florida High School Spring Practise, that's just one school in Florida, what about the rest. How about California and Texas. These states have a major advantage by having Spring Football, NY doesn't. This is why I believe these Spring and Summer Combines are important. Get you face noticed. It creates player interest. The more they see you at these combines, the more they're going to know who you are. Can't watch you in Spring Football because LI and NYS doesn't participate in Spring Football.

These Scouts and Recruiters that attend Spring Practices in Florida, California, and Texas will already know who they're coming back to see in the fall. What reason would they have to come to NY?

Just remember the NFL College Combines....

“"Never Give Up"”

Since: Jan 07

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#6187 May 16, 2007
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not rate Corning East because they are not in the Tri-state area. I believe there parameters are 60 to 100 miles from the New York city line. If they fell within the parameters I am sure they would have been ranked. Let me ask you a question. Has anybody from those publications you mentioned been down to a Floyd game. Did they even watch them on TV the 3 or 4 times they were on last year. I know MSG sent atleast a reporter to a handful of Floyd games last year. How can you rank someone you have never seen. Would you like me to give my assessment on Texas school even though I have never seen any of them play. I do not like the MSG poll because they had Floyd in the top 10. I like them because they actually watch all the teams play and EVALUATE them. Mike Quick does a hell of a job with the show he does. They go all over the Tri State area covering teams.
So they poll some teams of the tri-state area but not all the teams. How can you EVALUATE teams such as Floyd that play internal divisional games without ever playing teams from other Divisions or Conferences on Long Island. They had five other LI public schools in the same 2006 MSG Poll. So in thirty years of Floyd Football they've only played four teams(Farmingdale, Freeport, Baldwin, and East Meadow) outside of their Division. That's why they call it Questionable Competition. How can you EVALUATE that.
Emmitt

Beacon, NY

#6188 May 16, 2007
Molinet Knows,
You are right these Nike camps are a huge tool for the college coaches since they cant get the kids on campus for workouts until they have camps in late June. Over 100 coaches were at the Nike camp at Penn State...E.J. Manuel and Glennon are no doubt top shelf but at the Elite 11 camp after the Nike camp the only other QB besides them to be kept after to speak to the internet recruiting sites and speak to the people that run the camp was Calabrese, and about 100 QB's attended. Maybe that is why he is starting to get offers.
FRIAR FAN

Pearl River, NY

#6189 May 16, 2007
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring back cablevisions LI High School Sports Center at least it covered all of LI, and every team.
Not everyone has cablevision. We enjoy the shows on Direct TV. Plus I think you missed my point.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#6190 May 16, 2007
Emmitt wrote:
Molinet Knows,
You are right these Nike camps are a huge tool for the college coaches since they cant get the kids on campus for workouts until they have camps in late June. Over 100 coaches were at the Nike camp at Penn State...E.J. Manuel and Glennon are no doubt top shelf but at the Elite 11 camp after the Nike camp the only other QB besides them to be kept after to speak to the internet recruiting sites and speak to the people that run the camp was Calabrese, and about 100 QB's attended. Maybe that is why he is starting to get offers.
As has been indicated before, I have attended all of these major combine(Nike, Scout, Elite, MSL, etc..) camps over the past 5 years. This stuff exists and is beneficial/tool both ways(players and coaches). Nike, Scout, and Elite are Invite Camps. You must be a player with video examples of quality play or have some recorded Speed, Power, and Explosion at some kind of earlier combine event to enable an Invite. And if a kid is lucky enough to get an Invite to one of these Pre-College Camps during the Evaluation Period to work out in front of the College Coaches prior to the season, and does well, think of the benefits, and it doesn't have to be a only D1A. Many D1AA Coaches attend and evaluate, looking for the kid who aspires but for whatever reason, doesn't get 1A. No matter what, kids have got to prepare, because the level of athleticism of the attendees is always impressive. There is always someone quicker, faster, stronger, taller, more sculpted, more seasoned, etc. It's like when your father used to say about getting better in a sport, "If you want to get better, get on your bike, go to the schoolyard where the older/better guys are, get in the game, and play with them, because if you keep playing with the same crappy kids, stop complaining that you're not getting better." You want to get better, prepare and seek out where the better players are(All of these Camps), and go compete against/with them, because the cream always rises to the top.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 34 min Forrest 14,655
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 36 min Forrest 15,450
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr Into The Night 11,952
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 60,110
News Horseback Rider Brings Traffic to Near Halt on ... 1 hr Holy Guacamole 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr Buddy from Whites... 40,225
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 329,737
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodhaven Mortgages