Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Lou and the "Babe"”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee immortals

#293744 Oct 11, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple reports pointing to the same source (Sun Times)...
Dumping players? CWS weren't winning before the so called dumping of players (40-65 on Aug 1)...
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/#20130731
Shoring up the system that was ignored for most of the last 10 years? Low end spends on their June draftees in that time. Think it's about time they paid attention to drafting & player development...
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospect...
CWS needs help @ many positions, especially CF. Not a big payout to Granderson is needed. My guess is NYY & Granderson will agree to part ways once Granderson knows what his market is. There will be teams interested...
Kudos, you're making a strong case supported by interesting links and articles.

Personally I think the Yanks should make the one year qualifying FA offer and move on. He's a good player but Yanks can do better elsewhere or in other years with that kind of pile of $$$$

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#293745 Oct 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He's been jealous since he saw that FuGraphs patent is soon to be granted. Mike Hazen of the Sox is even negoiating with our Counsel over a 10 year contract

Impressive and congrats.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293746 Oct 11, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos, you're making a strong case supported by interesting links and articles.
Personally I think the Yanks should make the one year qualifying FA offer and move on. He's a good player but Yanks can do better elsewhere or in other years with that kind of pile of $$$$

Then the yanks get a "pick" if he goes. Not a bad deal. If he stays for one they can use his power.

“The One & Only”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#293747 Oct 11, 2013
Personally, looking over this forum, with the exception of the guy from Down Under, you're all a bunch of lying, whining pansy bitches. Grow some hair on your balls, the lot of ya.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293748 Oct 12, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Look we know you are upset over your heart attack "Twins sweep the Yankees" comments in addition to thousand of other lies and nonsense. That Ok, we understand.
But you're confusing me because just the other day you sent me a PM begging me for a free trial before the stampede comes in of subscibers when the patents approved.
Those are the kind of flat out lies I gave you a chance to answer to face to face and the coward/pussy you are you ran away.

I never PM you. Especially over your idiotic attempt to get anyone to believe you have a clue about baseball which you clearly don't.

Youre a liar and a scumbag and everyone knows it.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293749 Oct 12, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Rays are the better team but kudos the Sox capitalized on some fielding errors in game one. You're not going to tell us all again this years Sox teams better then the 1927 Yankees like you did in 2011 are you?
Get some help, I'm pulling for you big guy.
Fielding errors in game one? You mean the game where the Sox embarrassed the Rays and unloaded on them for 12 runs?

Heres the linescore

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/B...

No errors. Not that you know how to read a linescore.

Because youre a blowhard lying coward scumbag.

Even your buddies know it.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293750 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple reports pointing to the same source (Sun Times)...
Dumping players? CWS weren't winning before the so called dumping of players (40-65 on Aug 1)...
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/#20130731
Shoring up the system that was ignored for most of the last 10 years? Low end spends on their June draftees in that time. Think it's about time they paid attention to drafting & player development...
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospect...
CWS needs help @ many positions, especially CF. Not a big payout to Granderson is needed. My guess is NYY & Granderson will agree to part ways once Granderson knows what his market is. There will be teams interested...
"Multiple reports pointing to the same source (Sun Times)...
Dumping players? CWS weren't winning before the so called dumping of players (40-65 on Aug 1)..."

Yeah dig a little deeper than the Sun Times, not that you want to.

Duh if they were winning would they dump players? 22-34 in Aug/Sept...after a long run of kickin the snot out of losers like The Twins...Royals...Yankees..Astr os...

"Shoring up the system that was ignored for most of the last 10 years? Low end spends on their June draftees in that time. Think it's about time they paid attention to drafting & player development..."

Yeah thats what they said, how do they do that without acquiring prospects from other orgs? Is this kindergarden?

"CWS needs help @ many positions, especially CF. Not a big payout to Granderson is needed. My guess is NYY & Granderson will agree to part ways once Granderson knows what his market is. There will be teams interested"

How many starters do they need, whats available and why are you talking about kickin' a long term deal to an aging defensive failing overpaid for HRs hit at the Bronx overprotected in the lineup washup like Grandy who won't get one?

He's good for 200 Ks IF he's healthy. CWS won't pay for that.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293751 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Impressive and congrats.
You got some uh..stuff... dribbling down your chin.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#293752 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Then the yanks get a "pick" if he goes. Not a bad deal. If he stays for one they can use his power.
Its 14m. 14m for Grandy who is looking at less than a third of that money on the market. No one will pick him up AND give the Yanks a pick.

Think dumbarse moves like giving Youk 10 figures on a one year.

Watch his salary, HRs and career plummet in the next 2.

You clowns have no base in reality.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293753 Oct 12, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
"Multiple reports pointing to the same source (Sun Times)...
Dumping players? CWS weren't winning before the so called dumping of players (40-65 on Aug 1)..."

Yeah dig a little deeper than the Sun Times, not that you want to.

Duh if they were winning would they dump players? 22-34 in Aug/Sept...after a long run of kickin the snot out of losers like The Twins...Royals...Yankees..Astr os...

"Shoring up the system that was ignored for most of the last 10 years? Low end spends on their June draftees in that time. Think it's about time they paid attention to drafting & player development..."

Yeah thats what they said, how do they do that without acquiring prospects from other orgs? Is this kindergarten?

"CWS needs help @ many positions, especially CF. Not a big payout to Granderson is needed. My guess is NYY & Granderson will agree to part ways once Granderson knows what his market is. There will be teams interested"

How many starters do they need, whats available and why are you talking about kickin' a long term deal to an aging defensive failing overpaid for HRs hit at the Bronx overprotected in the lineup washup like Grandy who won't get one?

He's good for 200 Ks IF he's healthy. CWS won't pay for that.
Provide the link on another source. I'll wait patiently...

Of course CWS wouldn't have moved Rios & Peavy if they were winning, duh. When any MLB team isn't winning, players will be moved if they don't figure in their plans depending on the circumstances. That's logical. BTW, CWS kicked in money to TEX to cover some of Rios' 2013 salary...

How about spending on the draft? CWS wasn't able to or didn't sign some of their picks due to their unwillingness to pay above slot. They've been known to pay at or under slot & hold a hard line against paying over slot...

CWS has 2 SP's (Sale & Quintana) that had success in 2013 & another (Danks) that has had success in previous seasons. BP does need some help. They have needs @ almost every position. Here's a basic stat that will speak to their needs for 2014. They were LAST in the AL in RS this past season...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batt...

Who's talking about a long term deal? Granderson won't be a big spend but he'll get more guaranteed money on the open market than the NYY QO. He'll be 33 next season. A minimum of a 2 year guaranteed deal with an option for a 3rd isn't unrealistic. There are teams that need a LH bat with some power...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293754 Oct 12, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its 14m. 14m for Grandy who is looking at less than a third of that money on the market. No one will pick him up AND give the Yanks a pick.
Think dumbarse moves like giving Youk 10 figures on a one year.
Watch his salary, HRs and career plummet in the next 2.
You clowns have no base in reality.

why not check out the post just written from nysom...

chill out. yanks will either retain him on one year or someone will sign him

you did claim as proven by nysom about the cubs taking joe was wrong

now, watch this one go south also

just live with the fact you are wrong at times...and stop crying about it...

almost like trying to compare the drug penalties with football and baseball as you did

when I shoved it in your face your great reply was

drop it...

lmfao...take meds.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293755 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide the link on another source. I'll wait patiently...
Of course CWS wouldn't have moved Rios & Peavy if they were winning, duh. When any MLB team isn't winning, players will be moved if they don't figure in their plans depending on the circumstances. That's logical. BTW, CWS kicked in money to TEX to cover some of Rios' 2013 salary...
How about spending on the draft? CWS wasn't able to or didn't sign some of their picks due to their unwillingness to pay above slot. They've been known to pay at or under slot & hold a hard line against paying over slot...
CWS has 2 SP's (Sale & Quintana) that had success in 2013 & another (Danks) that has had success in previous seasons. BP does need some help. They have needs @ almost every position. Here's a basic stat that will speak to their needs for 2014. They were LAST in the AL in RS this past season...
http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batt...
Who's talking about a long term deal? Granderson won't be a big spend but he'll get more guaranteed money on the open market than the NYY QO. He'll be 33 next season. A minimum of a 2 year guaranteed deal with an option for a 3rd isn't unrealistic. There are teams that need a LH bat with some power...

yanks will make the qualifying offer...if someone takes him, they get a pick

if not, they are happy to have him for one year as they have zero power in the outfield less sori...

he will get offers...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#293756 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
if not, they are happy to have him for one year as they have zero power in the outfield less sori...
he will get offers...
Top of the morning bro.... Last night was great... Omg you were so right about Vickki.... She always cracks me up lmao.... Best match of the night was Dell Rio and Sandow...... Wyatt Family lost their first match to the Rhodes Family....

What a game last night with the Cards and Dodgers... Is it a must win for the Dodgers with Kershaw on the hill?... I think so... Also in my opinion I thought Donny made a terrible move by pinch running Gonzales.... Cards like we both said are the most clutch team left in the race....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293757 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>

he will get offers...
NYY paying $14 million for Granderson? Not sure that's a wise spend if they're going to stay under $189 million...

Another reason CWS could be in on Granderson is their 1st round pick in 2014 (#3) is protected. NYY would get their #2 pick...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293758 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
NYY paying $14 million for Granderson? Not sure that's a wise spend if they're going to stay under $189 million...
Another reason CWS could be in on Granderson is their 1st round pick in 2014 (#3) is protected. NYY would get their #2 pick...

you could be right...but who else will hit 30 homers in the outfield...besides sori...

and, speaking of a wise spend, we are chatting yanks, right?

but, correct you are they get the 2nd pick..and what the heck, with them drafting who knows...

right now, don't know where the money will be until aroid is settled...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#293759 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Top of the morning bro.... Last night was great... Omg you were so right about Vickki.... She always cracks me up lmao.... Best match of the night was Dell Rio and Sandow...... Wyatt Family lost their first match to the Rhodes Family....
What a game last night with the Cards and Dodgers... Is it a must win for the Dodgers with Kershaw on the hill?... I think so... Also in my opinion I thought Donny made a terrible move by pinch running Gonzales.... Cards like we both said are the most clutch team left in the race....

cards are a real tough team, young guns at pitcher, clutch hitters and good defense...

as for smackdown, I knew you would like it...Vickie is a riot on that show..

nice to see the cody team win...might be a setup for a match for the tag team titles..
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#293760 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he will get offers...
Yanks have some retooling to do and for me the main thing they have to address is the pitching.... They have some interesting decisions to make.....

First Kuroda, is he worth the close to or $20 million?.... He has been one of the best pitchers this year for us, but he was burned out down the stretch..... It may come down to Cashman thinking CC can return to form...... He they do resign Kuroda it should be only maybe$14-15 million.....

I know you like Matt Garza and I like him too.... Kershaw I think will resign with the Dodgers... Would mind going after Price from the Rays.... Kinda surprised that the Rays would trade him.....

.Another name that I read about is Scott Kazmir from the Indians.... Also Ricky Nolasco from the Dodgers.... These are some players I wouldn't mind seeing the Yanks pursue....The number 5 spot in th rotation still needs to be addressed as well.... Maybe Pineda or Phelps....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

United States

#293762 Oct 12, 2013
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Spending this year will be kinda tight for the Yanks.... I agree about not paying $14 million Granderson...

What do you think of Jhonny Peralta?.... Also of you want you you can answer my question I had in my other post about addressing the roation....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293763 Oct 12, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
you could be right...but who else will hit 30 homers in the outfield...besides sori...

and, speaking of a wise spend, we are chatting yanks, right?
but, correct you are they get the 2nd pick..and what the heck, with them drafting who knows...

right now, don't know where the money will be until aroid is settled...
Think there will be trades made to offset Granderson's HR's by paying less money...

Wise spend was related to NYY staying under $189 million...

The ARod situation really puts NYY in a bind in how to plan for 2014. Can ARod's 2014 salary be used to spend on other salaries? Don't know if that's been made known by Buddy Boy Selig. If it can be used, what if ARod loses the current arbitration hearing & takes it to either the NLRB or the courts? That can take time & NYY has to hold off using those dollars until a final decision is reached. Meanwhile, the business of baseball goes on. Unfair for Buddy Boy Selig to put NYY in this spot. He should show some leadership & settle this where all parties can move on...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#293764 Oct 12, 2013
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Spending this year will be kinda tight for the Yanks.... I agree about not paying $14 million Granderson...

What do you think of Jhonny Peralta?.... Also of you want you you can answer my question I had in my other post about addressing the rotation....
As stated in previous posts, think there's a market for Granderson to get more guaranteed monies. CWS & SEA are 2 teams that have lots money to spend in 2014...

Peralta's career has been in the AL Central. Rarely has it been a tough division top to bottom & the overall pitching in the division has never been a strength. Don't know if his career numbers translate well to playing in the AL East. He's going to draw interest around MLB so it may get to a bidding war that NYY may not want to compete in if they decide to stay under $189 million...

To me, it's time for NYY & Kuroda to part ways. Best for them to look @ other options in the FA market/trades for SP...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 min Jets Insider 13,282
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 10 min jimi-yank 5,684
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 12 min 2 Dogs 2,050
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 34 min SweLL GirL 16,782
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 40 min 2 Dogs 2,606
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 48 min 2 Dogs 1,222
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 4 hr Mack MacKenzie 450

Woodhaven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance