Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,905)

Showing posts 38,081 - 38,100 of43,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

PETM Shocker: When CO2 Levels Doubled 55 Million Years Ago, Global Temperatures May Have Jumped 9°F In 13 Years
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
PETM Shocker: When CO2 Levels Doubled 55 Million Years Ago, Global Temperatures May Have Jumped 9°F In 13 Years
Wow... that's some lens they have there to see 13 years out of 55,000,000.

Please, no more fantasy.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

welp...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

“There’s been a true disruption of the basic climate of the planet.”

“.. by adding large amounts of CO2 to the atmosphere,.. poking our climate system without being sure how it would respond,”...

.. spewing carbon pollution into the atmosphere .. is a very, very bad move.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

B as in B S as in S wrote:
Climate Science 'logic':
<quoted text>
:-D
It would be interesting to dissect your logic....

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
When you ask questions like SpaceBlues, I answer like I do to SpaceBlues.
If you care to try some adult conversation, you're more likely to get adult replies. You're just rehashing the 'appeal to authority' fallacy.
Apparently then, you have no science background. Leave it up to the grownups then. Fox and friends are not science.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

sick 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, woman whose grandpa make a skull out of plaster and claimed it was our ancestors.
It's apparent that what you don't know about paleontology, anatomy, and anthropology could fill volumes.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently then, you have no science background. Leave it up to the grownups then. Fox and friends are not science.
Hmmm... SpaceBlues likes to copy-cat my posts too.

Goodness! You're devolving!

LOL
Yocal Pillbilly

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Al Gore says to invest in the global warming scam, it has made him rich, it can enrich you to.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Yocal Pillbilly wrote:
Al Gore says to invest in the global warming scam, it has made him rich, it can enrich you to.
Correct, we want Big Al to be the Richest Green man on the planet. Just like those oil barons, who have sucked the lifeblood from the earth and upset the balance of nature. Big Al is here to fix it all, just keep buying anything he is selling the same way you made the oil barons rich.
Yocal Pillbilly

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, we want Big Al to be the Richest Green man on the planet. Just like those oil barons, who have sucked the lifeblood from the earth and upset the balance of nature. Big Al is here to fix it all, just keep buying anything he is selling the same way you made the oil barons rich.
You mean the oil that makes your life easier each and every day? Hard to give up, huh?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Yocal Pillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the oil that makes your life easier each and every day? Hard to give up, huh?
Of course it's hard to give up, I like my fast cars as much as the next guy but what has got to be done has to be done. Just make it more expensive for me to use that car and I will look for alternatives or drive it less n less, that's how the market works. Not just deny there is no problem at all, it doesn't make it go away.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Jimenez Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandpa did the same job back then. He was a drinker. He told me they just made up many of the numbers when they drank a bit too much.
In modern meteorological stations, the thermometers are housed in a shelter (i.e., in the shade) to keep them from receiving direct sunlight, which would lead to higher readings. I would think that even the earlier designs (1920's-30's) would have taken that into consideration.

If the thermometers were in the shade "most" or "one-half" of the day, then the readings from the time they were in the sun would have been higher. That would give the false impression that their locations have cooled since 70-8- years ago.

Are you saying that all meteorologists are lying drunks? If so, I'll be needing some proof for that claim.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

"That's interesting. I wondered who did those measurements and how they went about it. Was it done at the same time every day? Where the thermometers ever moved? Were logs kept of all those measurements?.. stuff like that."

Stuff like any idiot knows that not taking measurements at the same time every day would distort the record. Stuff like "No, the thermometers weren't moved; why would they be? Unless the whole site was moved. Stuff like "logs" are the whole purpose and result of stuff like that.

And perhaps most important to some here... was your grandfather a climate scientist?

The title you're looking for is meteorologist. That's what a person that does stuff like that is usually called.

The stupidity burns!
Retired Farmer

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Government shutdown causes National Science Foundation to cancel this fiscal year's research in Antarctica. Because USA operates the airfield there, other countries may have to cancel as well.

http://news.discovery.com/earth/shutdown-canc...
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Retired Farmer wrote:
Government shutdown causes National Science Foundation to cancel this fiscal year's research in Antarctica. Because USA operates the airfield there, other countries may have to cancel as well.
Ah....... just what tea party & re-pubic-lick-un crooked politician toxic AGW deniers want. tea party & re-pubic-lick-un crooked politicians want smaller gov't. A shut down gov't makes for a smaller gov't......
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
I like my fast cars as much as the next guy......
As the next guy, I say, "I love high mpg cars, BETTER than the next guy".
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

motheaten wrote:
SpaceBlues likes to copy-cat my posts......
"motheaten" does NOT like to copy-cat the education levels of topix AGW advocates.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Yocal Pillbilly wrote:
You mean the oil that makes your life easier.......
That's why most people waste so much of it.......
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Retired Farmer wrote:
It's like a bonus for the Stupid Party!

Not only do they damage the US economy so they can blame that on Obama in the future, and pointlessly fight a law that is in effect and has been found to be Constitutional, but they get to disrupt climate research and cause the loss of a year's worth of data.

They must be proud!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,081 - 38,100 of43,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Woodhaven Discussions

Search the Woodhaven Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 min jimi-yank 302,502
Is Krap Slop the dumbest Hillbilly on the Topix... (Mar '11) 43 min IT DID NOT TAKE LONG 1,434
Savages downplayed in the media (Feb '10) 50 min IT DID NOT TAKE LONG 5,408
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 58 min ILAL 5,081
Why is ILAL such a dypshyt? (Dec '12) 1 hr MR WEATHERBEE - DYPSHYT 48
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,592
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 1 hr ILAL 1,484
•••

Fire Warning for Queens County was issued at April 24 at 2:23PM EDT

•••
•••

Woodhaven News Video

•••
Woodhaven Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Woodhaven Jobs