Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
33,621 - 33,640 of 46,325 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#35666 May 7, 2013
krusty the clown wrote:
<quoted text>
What long-term trend are you talking about? The models?
The models, the observations, the best scientific evidence we have.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

In contrast to clowns tripping over their big feet (that would be you, krusty).
litesong

Monroe, WA

#35667 May 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian' "] I'm all about the issue......[/QUOTE]

'lyin' brian' issues slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms & 4 alleged & 4 proud threats.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#35668 May 7, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/ma...
So, tell me how there can be any kind of innovation in any sector if technology and research has to be cut in order to send in a tax payment. This tax trickles down to the entire economy and you want a global tax. How is that a good policy? And if you start exempting businesses it defeats the whole purpose and then it just becomes a political game of money changing hands. Cap and trade over in Europe is filled with fraud and waste.
I agree with you on the cap n trade being corrupt in Europe, Australia implemented a carbon tax of $23 a tonne but was to bring in line with Europe carbon price by 2015. By then it was projected to be at $30 a tonne. But instead of making it increase in value they issue more lic for carbon credits which effectively made it lose more than half its value.(current at $15) The same as printing money , this is about effective to reducing carbon emissions as shouting in a thunderstorm. For any new technology to get money for R&D there has to be seen a pay off to warrant it. But we keep issuing more exploration lics to go looking for more oil, so what message does that send. Until the USA comes into the game in a serious way none of the other players will do anything but token gestures. Even as bad a polluter as China is, it is doing more than any other western country in converting to clean energy. Which means it will end up with the economic advantage the West has right now to do it.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#35669 May 7, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have a carbon tax. We don't have cap and trade. We didn't sign the Kyoto protocol. Yet we have reduced our CO2 emissions to 1994 levels while the UK has increased theirs by 10%. What has been the biggest boost in reducing our emissions? The switch to natural gas...private enterprise supplying clean energy to the public, all without the passage of a carbon tax or cap and trade.
The stimulus for the change to natural gas was the threat of government regulation. If there was no threat, we would still be constructing more coal fired generators. But of course even natural gas is simply a bridge to reducing CO2 emissions further by development of renewable energy sources and more efficiencies.

Wichita, KS

#35670 May 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah CO2 is plant food. Without CO2, everything dies!
Again, you have no idea what dihydrogen monoxide is! Oh, how about Ozone? Do you know what ozone is?
Sonny, place your head in a bucket of dihydrogen monoxide. It seems that you have just become cognizant of a little chemistry. LOL, HOH OOO.

However, I am pleased that you recognize that CO2 is necessary for life. So is the water you put your head in. But it can still cause problems.....

Wichita, KS

#35671 May 7, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
What is funny is that they believe their own lies. Just look at Dr. James Hansen. Why did he retire last month? Did Climategate have anything to do with it?
And then the is Dr. Michael Mann from Penn State who think he can read tree rings. All tree rings tell you is whether of not the growing conditions are ideal. It will not tell you if it is too hot or cold, if it has the right amount of sunlight, moisture, nutrients, etc. But Dr. Mann thinks he knows.
Oh, the lower tropospheric temperatures have gone DOWN a half a degree centigrade in the past dozen years! WHY? Maybe it is because our Sun is taking a big cat nap? Yep, our Sun is at it's lowest power level in a hundred years and NASA-MSFC (not to be confused with NASA-GISS which is actually Columbia University) says they expect it to go down to the level is was 200 years ago during the Little Ice Age.
http://pielkeclimatesci.files.wordpress.com/2...
http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/images/ssn_...
But if you still believe in Global Warming might I suggest you move to Canada while there is still room. As for me, I will stay here in Florida where I will be warmer than you will be.
You have introduced nothing new here. These things are known and integrated into the picture. Your own graph shows that the temperature is at an historic high since records have been taken even with the lazy sun.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#35672 May 7, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have introduced nothing new here. These things are known and integrated into the picture. Your own graph shows that the temperature is at an historic high since records have been taken even with the lazy sun.
You are too kind to the liar.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#35673 May 7, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have a carbon tax. We don't have cap and trade. We didn't sign the Kyoto protocol. Yet we have reduced our CO2 emissions to 1994 levels while the UK has increased theirs by 10%. What has been the biggest boost in reducing our emissions? The switch to natural gas...private enterprise supplying clean energy to the public, all without the passage of a carbon tax or cap and trade.
but we do subsidize renewables to a tune of one dollar per gallon of biodiesel.....not that i'm complaining, but you gotta deal with the hand that feeds you. <snicker>

however....we do have RIN's....which are sort of a carbon tax with a twist.(not that i'm complaining about that either...it can be pretty lucrative if you play your cards right)

what these people don't understand is that free markets and capitalism WILL always meet the real demands, and face the causes, better than a federal mandate ever could.

so many monday morning quarterbacks here.....but then again....they aren't really in the game. just angry fans on the wrong side of america.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#35674 May 7, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>but we do ..so many monday morning quarterbacks here.....but then again....they aren't really in the game. just angry fans on the wrong side of america.
You are telling that to the angriest poster in this thread.

It will bite you, too. Stick around.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#35675 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah CO2 is plant food. Without CO2, everything dies!
Again, you have no idea what dihydrogen monoxide is! Oh, how about Ozone? Do you know what ozone is?
Do you have any idea of how to discuss warming and climate change intelligently, or do you just make obvious observations and ask dumbass questions?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#35676 May 8, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Deniers are in full force, a dwindling force. When will they concede?
Show me an experimental test of climate change mitigation and I'll concede. What would it take for you to change your mind?

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#35677 May 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Show me an experimental test of climate change mitigation and I'll concede. What would it take for you to change your mind?
what would it take to get you to change your trolling or at least troll a new subject?:)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#35678 May 8, 2013
One experimental test of climate change mitigation published in a peer reviewed journal would be a good start.
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#35679 May 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Show me an experimental test of climate change mitigation and I'll concede. What would it take for you to change your mind?
But brain, you've already said that mitigation works when you said our releasing of CO2 had mitigated the next ice age occurring. Don't you remember?

Jeez, are you stupid or what?
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#35680 May 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
One experimental test of climate change mitigation published in a peer reviewed journal would be a good start.
OK. Here ya go.

Now, shut up and go away.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#35681 May 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You were shown many during your many years of posting many thousands <41,000> of posts.

Time for you to go away. We don't care if you just dropped off like the other deniers, gored, tina, jrs, etc. without a concession because we know you don't understand any science.
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#35682 May 8, 2013
Solar winning in the Northwest.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/07/1...
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#35683 May 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
what would it take to get you to change your trolling or at least troll a new subject?:)
Yes, a mitigation experiment... Do you know of one?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#35684 May 8, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point, are you looking for a quick fix ? Coral reefs are dying all over the world because of increase in acidity and ocean temps. That's a good start. The whole point of fossil fuel burning is to reduce emissions we already know the result of not doing it!
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#35685 May 8, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen. I know many. What are you gong to do with one?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Pearl Jam 305,453
USA and ISIS in Iraq 49 min nac 46
Review: Hair Decor Unisex 2 hr Ann 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 307,466
Review: Erik's Barbershop 3 hr John 3
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 3 hr 58-59 - MUSLIM SA... 1,456
Review: Deja Vu Barber Shop 3 hr John 3
•••

Woodhaven News Video

•••