Downriver Residents Urged To Sign Pet...

Downriver Residents Urged To Sign Petition To End Notorious Train Troubles

There are 6 comments on the CBS Local story from Apr 30, 2014, titled Downriver Residents Urged To Sign Petition To End Notorious Train Troubles. In it, CBS Local reports that:

The city of Woodhaven has applied for a $15 million federal grant that could end one of Downriver's most notorious traffic snags: The frequent train delays that block Allen Road near Van Horn Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Theresa Brockway

Trenton, MI

#1 May 11, 2014
I have waited 1 hour to 45 minutes waiting for the train. Why can't something be done to shorten the length of these trains
Dennis buza

Trenton, MI

#2 May 11, 2014
I have lived here for 30 years. The trains on Allen road and van horn are a disaster. This problem has become unbearable. There has to be something that can be done. I pay my taxes regularly, I feel that it's time for a change.i was able to detour via fort street but they are blocked due to the length of the trains. I also have witnessed ambulance's unable to get through,therefore causing potential life threatening lost of loved ones. All because an ambulance was blocked in.
Dennis buza

Trenton, MI

#3 May 11, 2014
Theresa Brockway wrote:
I have waited 1 hour to 45 minutes waiting for the train. Why can't something be done to shorten the length of these trains
. I agree with ms. Brockway
kev

Toledo, OH

#4 May 15, 2014
Why not correct the problem? People should not have to address this issue time and again. R train profits more valuable than ambulances getting through?!how about citizens having to wait extended time because of these thoughtless trains?
CarolAnn

Trenton, MI

#5 May 24, 2014
The railroad company should put in a spur that goes around the train yard so that the trains won't be delaying traffic. Therefore, the train yard would pay for improvement instead of taking it out of the taxpayers $$. Then maybe the taxpayers $$ could be used to fill the potholes that are in desperate need of repair!
CarolAnn

Trenton, MI

#6 May 24, 2014
Why not have the train yard put in a spur? A track to go around the train yard so that the train is not delaying traffic. Therefore the train company puts up the $$ for improvement and not the taxpayers.
Then the taxpayers $$ could be used to take care of those potholes that our roads desperately need repair of!
Tell the train yard to lay some track to take up the slack of the extremely long trains. Have the trains take the detour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspected drunk driver rear-ends school bus Dec 1 Ray 1
Taylor Music Thread Nov 30 Musikologist 1
Sexual Misconduct is ok in Wyandotte police dep... (Aug '11) Nov 25 Disabled veteran 33
Review: Al's Asphalt Paving (Mar '14) Nov 13 No comment 3
News NCIS: USMC recruit injured in fall believed to ... Nov '16 Ben 1
News Dansville Dental welcomes Dr. Park Oct '16 Ben 1
News USMC: Day before recruit Siddiqui died, platoon... Oct '16 Candycrapper 2

Woodhaven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodhaven Mortgages