Editorial: Taylor voters should vote NO on Mayoral Recall

Oct 3, 2011 | Posted by: family justice

Taylor, MI- Times are tough for Taylor and every other municipality in Michigan. Availability to money just is not the same as it used to be. Taylor has suffered from high outrageous pensions, high employee salaries, and resistance from self-serving political officials. After Mayor Lamarand was elected in 2009, he was immediately met with resistance from many Council members.

Mayor Lamarand started cutting positions starting from the top down. Starting off with his own salary, he cut 15%. Once the mayor started to cut some of the Council member's friends, the Council members started to reject all proposals coming from Mayor Lamarand. When Taylor was hurting most the Council member's could care less and only care about their friend's jobs.

Now, the employees that were fired by Lamarand are behind this recall to remove Lamarand. Some of the people involved in organizing this recall do not even live in Taylor! Which leads me to think. Are they just disgruntled employees trying to get their jobs back? YES. They may say that the recall is about public safety, but it is not. Public safety is an issue in Taylor, but the Mayor is doing his job and the Police and Fire unions respectively are doing their jobs as well to strike a deal.

Therefore, I ask that you Vote No on this recall. Not only for what I said on this editorial, but for the future of Taylor. Taylor elected Mayor Lamarand in 2009 and I say let him complete the remainder of his term. After all, we do not want to throw away 2 years of progress and we sure do not want a Priebe Council member to become Mayor. So on November 8th VOTE NO to Bad Government, Bad Politics, and Bad Decisions!

Visit Mayor Lamarand's Website at www.jefflamarand.com for more information on why you should Vote NO.
Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oust Lamarand

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

For the real truth, go to www.taylorfirefighters.com or go to www.takebacktaylor.com

Recall Lamarand November 8th
Oust Lamarand

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

Actually www.takebacktaylor.net
kevin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Lamarand a CLOWN?MAYBE the citizens should hire a professional Clown fer mayor.At least everyone will know who they have! Good luck!
kevin

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

I noticed on take back Taylor web site there is picture of lamarand with What appears to be world trade center destruction on September 11 2001 in background. Who is trying to depict the mayor in such a manner? Ridiculous!
kevin

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

I saw part of the video on bid process. Lamarand is correct. U do not always take Lowest bid.different factors go into things. Quality. Cost overruns.one time at airport they took lowest bid on striping lanes and it was screwed up. They went back to another contractor and begged him to get job correct at any cost! None of these goofy allegations have proven that lamarand is untrustworthy. U folks r out to blame this guy for Past irresponsible behavior. He is only trying to balance the books.If recall is done then what will be changed? He seems like a well versed mayor. Everyone is accusing him of things that really have to be done. As for that lady dying,things happen that r out of anyone's hands. Seems to me people in this city could be more constructive.he is trying to turn around years of mismanagement.
kevin

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

U clowns r goofy crybabies. When things don't go the way u would like u blame the hierarchy. When franks furniture exploded last December there were laid off firemen assisting. They were in news for commendable service not on news for protesting with signs.they were rehired with federal money.taylortucky should be on the news for respectable actions.this mayor has his hands full trying to balance a lopsided budget that has been handed down to him.
Recall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Judged:

Kevin, you are so misinformed....This Mayor has no clue how to run a city..Its his way or no way at all..He does not have any plan for moving this city forward...He has done nothing but close buildings, tear things down ie the city pool, the playground equipment at heritage park, attempted to close and sell the recreation center and sportsplex. Eliminated many jobs,most importantly police and fire and does not maintain city property..etc etc etc...He is running this city into the ground..He pats himself on the back for all of the new businesses in Taylor, what he fails to say is these so called new businesses are booths at the Gibraltar trade center...He is arrogant, non transparent, and tells a lot of non-truths..This clown is out the door on Nov 8th, and the city of Taylor can start its healing and rebuilding process..
Taylor voters

Taylor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

Our family will be voting no to the recall. The mayor has a tough job trying to balance a budget that was run into the ground by people who for many years only cared about hooking up their own family, friends and interests at the expense of the taxpayers. It has to stop somewhere. Many residents feel the same way- just because we aren't vocal or don't have lawn signs doesn't mean we won't vote!
Dave from Taylor

Taylor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

From what I've seen, although Lamarand may be good at managing finances, he appears to not know how to effectively manage people. I think that's a big reason people want him recalled. Yes, he's made some fiscally wise decisions, but he's done so in ways that have disempowered others in the city government, destroyed their trust (by lying outright on a few issues) and thus destroyed relationships. In my opinion, the ideal leader at any level -- corporate or government -- would know how to get the job done while still maintaining good relationships. No leader can please all the people all the time; but it looks like Lamarand has done more interpersonal damage than most.
kevin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Did taylor police start this recall for him laying off officers?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Lowe: My Time As Commissioner 16 hr Kevin 1
My Time As Commissioner 16 hr Kevin 1
Former Superintendent Paul Jones (Sep '10) Aug 24 Beverly Owens 4
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Former mayor is arrested for drunken driving (Sep '06) Aug 11 Muslim 43
Brownstown Illegal Drug Dealer Aug 4 Mighty Pen 1
EXCLUSIVE: Lawrence DeLisle Claims Innocence 25... Aug 1 Calliope Jones 2
•••
•••
Woodhaven Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Woodhaven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000