Chrysler to build $570 million engine plant in Mexico

Jun 2, 2007 Full story: St. Louis Post-Dispatch 124

Chrysler Group said Friday that it will build a $570 million engine plant in Mexico to assemble the "Phoenix" V-6 engine. via St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“kein Mitleid fur die Mehrheit”

Since: Dec 06

Allen Park, Michigan

#1 Jun 2, 2007
Now thats loyalty, isn't it Michigan? This is why I won't buy an American car! All the wages stay in Mexico and only the top profit comes back to the US, and not to any worker. My Honda was built in Marysville, OH. Americans getting paid good wages. Which is the foreign car, look at the sticker before you answer!
Farfel

Winsted, CT

#2 Jun 3, 2007
My Toyota was built in Tennessee. That's what I call an American car. Detroit my ass.
big bil

Emmaus, PA

#3 Aug 21, 2007
i`ll 2nd that my toyota,honda and hyundai were all built in the u.s.a. and problem free.
plant hopper

AOL

#4 Aug 21, 2007
before go and think toyota all america just do the research and look you will find toyota has mexican plants to and all those cars you bought
keep americans working but those profits go back to japan,did everyone forget peral harbor?
does this mean 50 years from now everyone will forget 9-11 and buy cars from al qauda.
and as for you big bil back in the 70s and 80s japan dumped steel in america for dirt cheap prices and many steel towns in your state went down the drain because it and now you suport them doing the same thing to the big 3?
what kind of americans are you?

Allen Park, Michigan

#5 Aug 22, 2007
plant hopper wrote:
before go and think toyota all america just do the research and look you will find toyota has mexican plants to and all those cars you bought
keep americans working but those profits go back to japan,did everyone forget peral harbor?
does this mean 50 years from now everyone will forget 9-11 and buy cars from al qauda.
and as for you big bil back in the 70s and 80s japan dumped steel in america for dirt cheap prices and many steel towns in your state went down the drain because it and now you suport them doing the same thing to the big 3?
what kind of americans are you?
The American car companies did this to themselves. They have devalued their cars by offering crazy discounts and rebates. The typical American car after 5 years is only worth about 20-25% of its initial price. The typical Japanese car is worth about 55-65%. Quality is an issue too. Japanese cars generally are built better and run longer. Plus, not being built by American unions is a plus. I know the what the inside of plants here in Michigan are like, I won't be buying a car made by the UAW.

The profits from the car may go back to Japan, but who cares? The Americans building the cars are still working. The American auto companies don't show Americans the same respect, closing plants here and building new ones in Mexico. Mexicans working, profits coming to America. Bet the Mexicans are happy. The profits coming back here don't help American families one bit.

Get rid of the union, stop protecting the druggies and drunks. Increase the quality of the cars. Do these things and maybe I will consider an American car again. Its sad, I get Ford Z plan too.
Ron-KTP

Covington, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2007
Oh you bet those Japanese companies show respect!!! Just ask asome of their workers how much respect they get!! Get hurt and kiss your job good bye!! And quit blaming the UAW everything they have was NEGOTIATED that means the companies said they could live with that. One problem is the pay for these executives they make more than a pro athlete and still cannot run a company. Run a company to the ground and get millions in bonuses hah hah and it is the UAW i think not!!!!!
Ron-KTP

Covington, KY

#7 Aug 22, 2007
To all those HONDA,Toyota and Nissan lovers what kind of warranty do they have? Life Time? NOT!!!!!! They have just as many recalls as anybody else.But since most of the papers are owned by a foreign companies it does not make the front page. But if you really did your home work i think you would be in for a rude awakening.
Jim

Converse, IN

#8 Aug 22, 2007
Plant Hopper

Well said!!! No one wants to acknowledge Pearl Harbor but they sure will relate to 9/11. Will it be ok to ever buy a vehicle or support a country that has attacked America. Never, Never, Ever. Toyota can build and provide jobs here but its a personal choice to work or buy from them and until real Americans start making the right choices, we are in trouble.
Mitch

Harrison, AR

#9 Aug 22, 2007
Boycott Chrysler Products - Pretty soon, Americans will be crossing the Rio Grand looking for decent jobs.
Vegan

AOL

#10 Aug 23, 2007
Corporations have no national loyalty. Instead of providing American jobs, they rather exploit the Mexican poor. Capitalism is the scourge of mankind.
craven moorehead

AOL

#11 Aug 23, 2007
Vegan wrote:
Corporations have no national loyalty. Instead of providing American jobs, they rather exploit the Mexican poor. Capitalism is the scourge of mankind.
then leave the country you commie bastard if you dont like the system here then move to europe and shut your ass up!
Joey

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Aug 24, 2007
craven moorehead wrote:
<quoted text>then leave the country you commie bastard if you dont like the system here then move to europe and shut your ass up!
yea!!!!!!!!!!
American

Springfield, MO

#13 Aug 24, 2007
Well just hope they don't get Chinese engines! lol!
Going Postal

Harrison, AR

#14 Sep 3, 2007
Americans, take a long hard look at the trend here. Millions of traditional American jobs are being eliminated or moved to third world countries because the corporations want to make even more greedy profits. And our own government is wanting to let Mexicans come in and take whatever jobs they can get, pushing the American aside and raising the crime rate high as ever.
Hang the head(s) of any corporation that opts to screw Americans and move jobs to another country for profits, and guess what.. corporations will stop being so greedy and will think twice about screwing the American.
Seriously, HANG THE BASTARDS IN PUBLIC, for they are basically selling the (American way) out for a buck. This is treason in any definition.
Eventually, Americans will be begging their government (corporate run government) for a slave job to feed their family a few crusts of bread and fish heads, while East Indians and Chinese people live high on the corporate hog. And for you retarded flag wavers.. America is the head of corporate government corruption. The government is the root of all greed and evil because it is the corporate police force used to get whatever they can pay to have laws made up for. Prime example - Think the war in Iraq is to help the Iraqi's out ? Think again.. maybe the fact that there is more oil there than anywhere else has something to do with it ? People, use your mind, think for your self, rise above the media BS and learn the truth.

haten the belv

United States

#15 Sep 3, 2007
to those who own a import auto remeber were the final dollars go it aint here piss on import auto owner drivers and riders

Since: Aug 07

Warren, MI

#16 Sep 4, 2007
I think our country needs a wake up call. We as a PEOPLE should send a message. Every single American should take three days off and stay home. Don't but gas, don't go anywhere, don't buy anything. Shut this country down. Let them know we want our jobs, our people and our money to stay here!!!

Since: Aug 07

Warren, MI

#17 Sep 4, 2007
*buy*

Allen Park, Michigan

#18 Sep 4, 2007
haten the belv wrote:
to those who own a import auto remeber were the final dollars go it aint here piss on import auto owner drivers and riders
The final dollars don't mean anything if the workers aren't working. Why is everyone so worried about the top 10% of the profit. Honda and Toyota keep a lot of Americans working. More and more, Ford, Chrysler and GM are keeping Mexican families fed. Who cares about the money the workers never see anyway.
plant hopper

AOL

#19 Sep 4, 2007
dukdodgers wrote:
<quoted text>
The final dollars don't mean anything if the workers aren't working. Why is everyone so worried about the top 10% of the profit. Honda and Toyota keep a lot of Americans working. More and more, Ford, Chrysler and GM are keeping Mexican families fed. Who cares about the money the workers never see anyway.
honda toyota nissan volkswagon and the list goes on all have plants in mexico the bottom line is if you work live in s.e michigan you better hope ford chysler gm make it the whole area depends on them!
plant hopper

AOL

#20 Sep 4, 2007
there building a new engine plant in trenton mi,kenosha wi,and are retooling a toledo plant!
ya it sucks mexico gets a plant to but that the way it is get over it.
japs build plants in mexico to do your research before you start praising them for being loyal to america they just wanted to sell more cars in the states and the way to do was to build them here in the usa.
they would never gained market share they had to ship them all from japan!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sexual Misconduct is ok in Wyandotte police dep... (Aug '11) Oct 8 Downriver Lifer 24
Court Docket: Officer's corruption trial put on... Oct 4 Onlooker 7
Live in the D: Homeless woman fights to get son... Oct 4 Archie 4
Funnel cloud spotted near Taylor after storm br... Oct 3 mommy 3
Mullin knew severance letter faked, Wayne Count... (Apr '13) Sep 28 R Jeremy 11
Autistic program finds new home at Burger Baylo... Sep 23 A_M_B 1
Boblo boat pulls out of Detroit for last time Sep 21 Eldorado 2
Woodhaven Dating
Find my Match

Woodhaven Jobs

Woodhaven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Woodhaven News, Events & Info