Video proves RR signal worked, train'...

Video proves RR signal worked, train's horn blew as Canton crash killed 5

There are 5 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 27, 2009, titled Video proves RR signal worked, train's horn blew as Canton crash killed 5. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Newly-released video from the Amtrak train that collided with a car in Canton Township on July 9 - killing five young people - clearly shows that the car drove around a downed crossing gate into the train's path.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Paul Kersey

Troy, MI

#1 Aug 31, 2009
Fox played the final seconds in a seemingly endless loop the other day. That camera/sound recording really puts the lie to any strange theories about an "accident" or misleading signal gates. One car is patiently waiting and the other goes around and precisely times the crash.

It may be coincidence, but CSX RR has removed the bike path crossing at Kooperneck about the same time as this Canton crash. People used to stand on the tracks there and view the train coming down the long straightaway. I have a picture taken next to the tracks myself. It must have looked dangerous to the engineers on the train seeing people this close. Now they will have to move to the street crossing if they want to commit suicide like the Canton kids did.
Jeep Wrangler

Canton, MI

#2 Sep 3, 2009
Paul Kersey wrote:
Fox played the final seconds in a seemingly endless loop the other day. That camera/sound recording really puts the lie to any strange theories about an "accident" or misleading signal gates. One car is patiently waiting and the other goes around and precisely times the crash.
It may be coincidence, but CSX RR has removed the bike path crossing at Kooperneck about the same time as this Canton crash. People used to stand on the tracks there and view the train coming down the long straightaway. I have a picture taken next to the tracks myself. It must have looked dangerous to the engineers on the train seeing people this close. Now they will have to move to the street crossing if they want to commit suicide like the Canton kids did.
I think we have covered this subject enough. Thank you.
Ashley Johnston

Taylor, MI

#3 Sep 11, 2009
Uhm. It wasn't suicide, thanks. And yes we have covered it, so I wish people would quit talking about it. It makes me VERY upset, cause those were MY friends. It was not suicide. I highly doubt 5 people wanted to kill themselves. They were Taylor kids, NOT Canton kids. They were going to the beach to enjoy themselves, like normal kids do. And ONE kid made a messed up decision! ONE! So why don't you grow up, and realize it wasn't suicide. That's just retarded.
Pam

Roswell, GA

#4 Sep 11, 2009
If that isn't suicide it's damn close.
Jeep Wrangler

Canton, MI

#5 Sep 11, 2009
To all the people who knew these teens or were related to them, My deepest sympathies go out to you all. For all the people posting negative remarks to these people. PLEASE leave them alone and let this matter fade away. All they have are good memories of these teens whether Friends or relatives. It's time to let them grieve amongst themselves and allowed to do so without our comments. I'm sure if it was someone close to you you would like strangers to leave you alone and Backoff. Let them grieve!! Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slick Cups Announces A Sale To Celebrate Nation... Fri Kevn 1
News West End L.L. inching closer to SETX history Aug 21 Fart news 2
News Michiganders question appointment of past utili... Aug 17 Kevn 1
News It's tough finding solutions to Wayne County's ... Aug 1 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
lel hoe do i cormputer Jul '15 12yopussyluvr 1
Al's Transmission & Auto Repair - Poor Business Jul '15 D_Rock 2
Fall ball Co-ed Jul '15 Asdfjk 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodhaven Mortgages