Lindenhurst corruption is back

Posted in the Woodbury Forum

Lacrosstown

West Babylon, NY

#1 Dec 21, 2013
Dear administrators/representatives of Lindenhurst Public Schools,
Since moving away from the district and village and in light of this asinine decision to remove security guards from the elementary schools, I have been pushed to write this letter to this forum and the Lindenhurst Patch second for the residentsí sake. As a father of two grown up girls, my family lived in the Lindy village and paid taxes to see that we had a nice place to work, get an education and grow in the community. We participated in sports and fundraising events. Sadly I saw, starting over seven years back or so, the district becoming more and more corrupt. I even joined a forum online to talk with other concerned parents about it.
So to read the superintendent talk about money problems as an excuse for firing the security guards, I was obviously upset. In working for Lindenhurst Schools years back, I saw a lot of corrupt activity but never reported any of it. Thatís because Mr. Brandenberger and his cronies (excluding his nice family) would imply that people could be fired at any moment.(they know who they are) I always had a pain in my chest. He has a hold on that district like no one else and Superintendent Mr. Rich Nathan will do whatever he says. Iíve seen it and I still canít really believe it. Money is tossed anywhere Mr. Brandenberger wants itónew positions for his family or friends and himself too. I canít forget how many times my cousin and I would walk passed the grounds shed to see him and his groundsmen do absolutely nothing. I would say to myself ďReally? We can see this but the district canít?Ē
Us taxpayers paid his overblown salary AND overtime!(Probably he is still abusing your overtime) And for what? So he gets whatever he wants? Its very disheartening. I guess because he was a board member once. AND, before he worked for the district, one of the groundsmen told me that they were cutting his own lawn! I believed it, because you canít make this up.
Lacrosstown

West Babylon, NY

#2 Dec 21, 2013
Also, I was told by some years ago that Mr. Brandenberger networks with people in News 12 and Newsday. I donít know if thatís true. Well I have some family in-laws that work for the NY Post and that paper just loves doing scandal and corruption stories of Long Island. So, I beg you to consider the BIG problem you have over there. Its dirty and illegal. I have seen lots of itÖand heard worse from friends and family who lived and still live in Lindenhurst today. But he is not the only problem. This strange security decision is puzzling. Once they sacrifice the childrenís safety for their own greed and crooked activities, its just too much. Please, do something about it. Money should be put to use, not to peopleís deep pockets.
Lastly, how many administrators are enough in Lindenhurst? Thereís an administrator for everything and make up to three figure income. Thatís not very conscious of peopleís money and cost of living, is it? Top heavy. Some of them donít even do anything for the money they get and they know it. You think $200,000 will fix the budget?(How much the superintendent says youíll save from ousting physical guards) I bet not. These are major issues, but nothing compared to the corruption problem and I donít think people who still work there are stupid or blind to it. Residents are learning about it, but they donít know nearly enough. Their money is being burned because of people who have too much sway for some reason. The board votes on these things, donít they?
Allow me to finish with this thought: The district Iím living in now is not the cream of the crop and its always greener on the other side of the fence, but I know dirty politics when I see it and I think its only right that you handle this internally. I think I owe you that respect since I was once a Lindy resident and great people still work their doing great things. Just know that many people know more than you think and it looks bad if you just brush this under the rug. You want to save money? Investigate the corruption mess first and watch how much you can save the district. Look into it, or have the local government do it. It does not affect me personally anymore, but I want the right people to pay their fair share over there. At the least for the students!
Very Sincerely Yours,
a former resident of Lindenhurst Village
(and wishing I wrote this much, much sooner)
PS. Anyone who just lets this go is just as bad as the person who is causing the problems. This includes the Board of Education and the superintendent and his subordinates. Do the right thing. I hope this letter did not come to you in a threatening nature. I just thought you would care enough to help those who still actually count on you. Thank you.
mrlindy

Queens Village, NY

#3 Dec 23, 2013
top heavy ? the high school alone has 5 assistant principals. i do not know of any other high school in the region, including the worst and most violent city schools that have that many assistants. does lindenhurst high school have that many students ? i think not. who the hell is overseeing this operation, stevie wonder ?
11757lindy

Lindenhurst, NY

#4 Dec 25, 2013
five asst pricipals for 1 high school , whats going on in lindenhurst.
mrlindy

Queens Village, NY

#5 Jan 15, 2014
its called greed
momof4

Deer Park, NY

#6 Jan 18, 2014
your post is something a lot of us know. its always been about the money. village board just pasted 8.2% tax hike. no real good reason and no one in there way to fight it. I listen to a lot of talk radio for both sides of politics. there is no way to fight. we are all working 2 or 3 jobs to feed and clothes our families and keep a roof over our heads.

let me know who will go and investigate, let me know how the average person has any rights anymore. its a different world out there. its all about the "me generation". give me everything I want for free and with out working for it and they don't care that's its braking your average middle class hard working people's back!! but I enjoyed reading your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theresa Maniaci-Canni, left, and George (Nov '09) 2 hr flashalan 16
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown 2 hr Sambee 4
Suspect named in Gilgo Beach murders (Dec '12) 9 hr Streetrunner 10
Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block team for... (Nov '10) 9 hr TheAfroHedgehog 7
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 11 hr Bruser 2,299
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr postcranium 6,469
Amityville Music Selection (Oct '12) Tue Musikologist 9

Woodbury News Video

Woodbury Dating
Find my Match

Woodbury Jobs

Woodbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Woodbury News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Woodbury

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]