Fire commissioner candidate accused o...

Fire commissioner candidate accused of harassment

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 9, 2007, titled Fire commissioner candidate accused of harassment. In it, Newsday reports that:

A former Hempstead Village firefighter running for fire commissioner in South Farmingdale was arrested last month and accused of making harassing and threatening phone calls to a woman, court records show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Disgruntled

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Dec 9, 2007
Maybe Newsday should concentrate on on drunk driving or gun control rather than a volunteer fire departments commissioner election. People make mistakes instead of trying to make the other two commissioners look like saints you should dig up how corrupt the really are.
Not the First Time

Waverly, WV

#3 Dec 9, 2007
Is this the same Alan Jacoby who was arrested for burglary of Uniondale? Is this the same Alan who got the charges dropped because a commissioner appeared at court and stated this was all a big mistake? I guess the big mistake was the bolt cutter used to cut the gate, the shove knife to gain entry, the video that showed him turning off the lights so he could not be seen. Alan is a P. O. S.!

http://www.firerescue1.com/news/239215/
Richie

New York, NY

#4 Dec 10, 2007
I'm voting for Bronko.

R.I.P. big man. We all miss ya
col gary

Naples, FL

#5 Dec 10, 2007
I'm voting for the guy who's buying the beer.
LIFETIME

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2007
eden laikin had to write this story.
mR oBJECTIVE

Bronx, NY

#7 Dec 10, 2007
Typical drunken firefighter gone wild. These guys are mostly bums, sometime heros. Just last week one of them showed up at my door looking fora donation after blaring their sirens outside my house. I should have shot the bastard. Most so called "firefighters" are nothing more than drunken bums who need to get real jobs.
LifeR Farmingdale NY

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 18, 2007
The only reason he got the necessary signatures to run is because the "two large brothers",(one being an ex-fire marshall for the city and the other an ex-sfd commissioner), pushed him hard on others. He was to be their puppet. Anybody who listens to those guys should have their head examined. I'd keep watch on whom each one of these guys friends are and avoid them like the plague. I have and will continue to do so.
joey c

Smithtown, NY

#10 Jan 17, 2014
Wow. What did this guy Alan jacoby do? How come he's not in jail still? The system is broken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 7 hr Bruser 2,481
Review: 240 Auto Body Inc (Jan '11) Tue JDL 18
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) Mon monday20 67
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Aug 30 Bruser 8,020
News Ten years later, brothers to testify in mother'... (Mar '07) Aug 28 eric 43
News Craft beer 'incubator' planned for Copiague site Aug 28 Terry 1
News Sunrise Highway service road work to affect tra... Aug 28 Road Hog 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbury Mortgages