What Needs to Change in Lindenhurst
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Resident

Lindenhurst, NY

#242 Jul 31, 2012
lindy123 wrote:
Lindenhurst, NY is a nice little town in Babylon NY. We have great schools, nice parks and okay shopping. But as everyplace else, we need some change. What do you think would help Lindenhurst be a better place to live?
we need to do something with our town. It's run down and there are too many empty stores. Babylon village is so nice!
shasa

Brooklyn, NY

#243 Feb 26, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
haha lindy is not a "little town" the village and NL together have about 50,000 res. thats huge for a town and i think that is kinda the prob. with lidy its just to BIG...i would like to c the village be its own thing and have there own school and NL become its own "town" with its own schools...i would also like to some nice rest. to eat at in the village i know they have the village lantern but i would like it more like babylon village...
how do i file a complaint i have a home next door has renters in basement drunnks addicts lindenhurst village ny suffolk county it is illegal apartment shasa
BARBARA

Copiague, NY

#244 Jul 12, 2014
LINDENHURST IS RIDDLED WITH PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF POOR LEADERSHIP GEARED TO BIG BUSINESS, SELF INTEREST, GREED, ETC. CVS ON MONTAUK HWY. IS THE LATEST DISASTER.
WE DID NOT NEED OR WANT IT AND IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN, THE RESIDENTIAL ZONING RESTORED AND THE RESIDENTS TO RULE DECISION MAKING AS IT IS EVIDENT THAT OUR HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS ARE NOT BEING SPENT IN THE RESIDENTS BEST INTEREST.
THE ENVIRONMENT MATTERS, THE PEACE OF NEIGHBORHOODS MATTERS, THE CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN NEED TO BE SAFE AND HAVE NICE PLACES TO GO.
LINDENHURST NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP, MADE PROUD AGAIN AND NOT RUN BY RUTHLESS POLITICIANS WHO CARE ONLY ABOUT SMALL FACTIONS OF PEOPLE AS OPPOSED TO THE MANY.
BARBARA

Copiague, NY

#245 Jul 12, 2014
If you care about Lindenhurst, like some of us do, then start attending the village board meetings and get involved.
We have formulated a group that has serious issues with the Washington avenue entrance/exits from both gail grace manor and now cvs. it is unjust, prejudiced and downright wrong in a residential neighborhood.
The stronger our voice becomes through the many, the greater the changes can be made to clean up what was once a very beautiful town.
i personally grew up here, waded in the neguntague tributary, walked safely on the streets and lived in a peaceful place.
We need drastic change. Do your part to make Lindenhurst what it should be and stop it's further deterioration by standing up for all the good stuff. get rid of the pedophiles, drug problem, big business forcing residents and small business out, restore a clean environment and live in peace with your neighbors by enforcing codes and stopping illegal apartments, etc.
join us. We can all work together to cahnge and improve the mess those in power have created.
Join us. we want to turn what happened to Lindenhurst around. Stand up for where you live and what you deserve.
zorro 396

Middle Village, NY

#246 Apr 10, 2015
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
we need to do something with our town. It's run down and there are too many empty stores. Babylon village is so nice!
I live in Lindenhurst, close too the mayors house, a lot of people are renting too anyone, I am disabled I can not tolerate parties, drug users, I pay 11,00.00 tax finding it hard monthly, why do building inspectors go around and check what going on illegal rentals. how do I file a complaint and receive action from the village. please reply

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: 240 Auto Body Inc (Jan '11) 10 hr JDL 18
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 11 hr Bruser 2,480
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) Mon monday20 67
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Aug 30 Bruser 8,020
News Ten years later, brothers to testify in mother'... (Mar '07) Aug 28 eric 43
News Craft beer 'incubator' planned for Copiague site Aug 28 Terry 1
News Sunrise Highway service road work to affect tra... Aug 28 Road Hog 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbury Mortgages