Venice luster returning to Babylon

Full story: Newsday 29
Babylon town officials are planning to restore the American Venice Marina in Copiague back to its original park-like setting and designate it as a historic community. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve Wadowski

Middle Island, NY

#21 Jun 6, 2007
Copiague/Lindenhurst get a bad rap on this forum. Both towns represent the hard working blue collar people that helped make LI a great place to grow up and raise a family.
concerned

New York, NY

#22 Jun 7, 2007
Steve Wadowski wrote:
Copiague/Lindenhurst get a bad rap on this forum. Both towns represent the hard working blue collar people that helped make LI a great place to grow up and raise a family.
Yea as long as you live South of Montauk Highway. North Lindenhurst has turned to shit. How about more money being spent in these areas, besides a few new planters on Wellwood Ave. The rentals have been popping up everywhere along with illegals. Whoever thinks that this is not a problem needs to open their eyes. I have watched the decline over the past 10 years and it is also affecting the schools. When teachers have students that barely speak English, there is less time spent with the other students.
Steve

Middle Island, NY

#23 Jun 7, 2007
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea as long as you live South of Montauk Highway. North Lindenhurst has turned to shit. How about more money being spent in these areas, besides a few new planters on Wellwood Ave. The rentals have been popping up everywhere along with illegals. Whoever thinks that this is not a problem needs to open their eyes. I have watched the decline over the past 10 years and it is also affecting the schools. When teachers have students that barely speak English, there is less time spent with the other students.
Good point. Unfortunately young people can't afford to buy a house and have to rent. The bottom line is when a person (tenant) has "no skin in the game" it's the first step to a declining neighborhood. It's a proven fact no matter where the rentals are.(including the Hamptons during the summer)
Lorraine Perrotta Newhall

Baldwin, NY

#26 Jun 28, 2007
Can you tell me when you will be starting the recontstrution of the American Venice. Thank You, from a family that has been living in the Venice since 1954.
A secret on Alhambra

Southold, NY

#27 Jul 3, 2007
The work will start after the approval of a new fire station for Copiague is approved. It will also have a boat slip for water rescues. Big plans, hush, hush!!!!
Joey

United States

#28 Jul 3, 2007
A secret on Alhambra wrote:
The work will start after the approval of a new fire station for Copiague is approved. It will also have a boat slip for water rescues. Big plans, hush, hush!!!!
New fire station??? Whats wrong with the "TWO" Copiague has now???
Ray 192

Bridgeport, CT

#29 Jul 13, 2007
The project is a great idea but the complete package has to include fixing the flooding conditions that threaten to properties along both canals. What is it worth to through a ton of money into the restoration when the property values wash right down the storm drains?
A Secret

Southold, NY

#30 Jul 17, 2007
Does the plan include the removal of the two bridges????? I think it does, again.
Lindy Lori

Lindenhurst, NY

#31 Jul 27, 2014
Is there any update on this project? It's been awhile since I heard anything. Is it a go or no? When will the work begin? Would be very excited to have this completed! Please no negitive responses. Let's not beat that dead horse!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 14 hr Bruser 2,286
Huntington parking lot to get environmental imp... 16 hr Tom 2
Cops: Wedding Band, Watches Stolen from Lifetim... (Sep '13) Sat DUB STEP 2
Review: Bella Fence Company (Sep '13) Sat Judy 9
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat Bruser 7,886
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Stan Stasiak 16,786
Filetto's Pizzeria & Rest ENorthport (May '10) Sep 12 Cindy Sorgenfrei 6
•••

Woodbury News Video

•••
Woodbury Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Woodbury Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••