Police: Roosevelt mother arrested for leaving kids alone

Full story: Newsday

A Roosevelt mother was arrested Wednesday after she left her two daughters, ages 11/2 and 6, home alone while she went to court to fight eviction, police said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Jul 14, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Great American

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

I don't know why Grandpa wasn't called to care for the kids while she was in court. Well anyway another black mark for the Velt.
kathy

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

she is going to say grandpa hit her and set her up
Brown Eyes

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Obviously she has no job or the regular babysitter would have been with them. Also obvious - there's no husband and we know by the article the children have two different fathers.

She needs to have her tubes tied.
Daydream Believer

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Grandfather called police at 12:30 pm. Mommie Dearest didn't return home until 6 pm. Her children would have been alone for 5 1/2-plus hours. WTF is wrong with people? She now has more problems than just eviction. She doesn't deserve the honor of having children and they should be removed from her custody permanently.
Zeke

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Daydream Believer wrote:
Grandfather called police at 12:30 pm. Mommie Dearest didn't return home until 6 pm. Her children would have been alone for 5 1/2-plus hours. WTF is wrong with people? She now has more problems than just eviction. She doesn't deserve the honor of having children and they should be removed from her custody permanently.
You are a fool.
Bill

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Daydream Believer wrote:
I couldn't agree more
Can you Believe it

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Daydream Believer wrote:
So right you are!!
But you know the courts will forgive her and give back the kids, and in a few months from now you'll read they are abused or dead.
go figure
Richie

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

What a savage.
Former Pequan

Long Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

This woman should be severely punished. Why couldn't she take the kids with her? She'll eventually get the kids back and move to one of the 5 boroughs. Then Mayor Bloomberg can pay her to take the kids to the dr., to encourage the kids to go to school, and get paid to be a parent.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

according to the news last night, not only did she leave the kids alone, but she had her mother go to court with her, so the kids grandmother also knew that the kids would be home alone. why couldn't the both of them take the two kids with them?? no excuse.
thank god the grandfather decided to stop by or else who knows what might have happened.
and thank god that the grandfather called the cops on his own daughter....
George Bush

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Former Pequan wrote:
This woman should be severely punished. Why couldn't she take the kids with her? She'll eventually get the kids back and move to one of the 5 boroughs. Then Mayor Bloomberg can pay her to take the kids to the dr., to encourage the kids to go to school, and get paid to be a parent.
your a fool!~~!
Pissed Taxpayer

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

"Amirah Aalaam, 28, of 41 E. Centennial Ave., was charged with two misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a minor. The two children, who were not injured, were placed in the custody of the 6-year-old's paternal grandfather, police said."

Nice family values Shabanga Shaboonga. Now the children will become foster kids & then on to prison. Great. Because this Mutha wanted to go out, not the rest of us will be supporting these suckers for the rest of their lives. Thanks again Mafungo.
Gomer Pyle

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Guess the welfare check didn't get there in time. I love paying my hard earned taxes to help these people. Go Have another kid on me !
lmb

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Brown Eyes wrote:
Obviously she has no job or the regular babysitter would have been with them. Also obvious - there's no husband and we know by the article the children have two different fathers.
She needs to have her tubes tied.
Just curious--how do you know that the children have 2 different fathers? I read the article twice, and didn't see that info.
Pro Filing

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

lmb wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious--how do you know that the children have 2 different fathers? I read the article twice, and didn't see that info.
What do you need, a sliderule? Look at the names and the neighborhood. Figure it out Einstein.
Bill Bairdo

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Gomer Pyle wrote:
Guess the welfare check didn't get there in time. I love paying my hard earned taxes to help these people. Go Have another kid on me !
She won't stop at one more. As long as her va-jay-jay is damp, kids will continually fall out of it.
Afro Sheen

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

lmb wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are your two (2) clues"

1. Roosevelt: and
2. Amirah Aalaam

“silly conspiracy theory HA”

Since: Mar 07

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

If she gets evicted she can move into the new low income housing planned for Hempstead. Move from one ghetto to the next.
lmb

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Pro Filing wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you need, a sliderule? Look at the names and the neighborhood. Figure it out Einstein.
Ya know what? I asked a simple question -- no need for sarcasm. I actually thought the person read a different article than I did. I am not originally from New York, and not familiar with the practice of stereotyping people on the basis of their name and/or what town they happen to live in.
Hmm

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

News12 also noted that this "woman" has a prior conviction for identity theft. So we have criminals in Roosevelt leaving their kids home alone right? I bet she was at work right? How shocking this all is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Woodbury News Video

•••
•••

Woodbury Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Woodbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE