Interview questions may expose compan...

Interview questions may expose company to lawsuits

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Jul 21, 2008, titled Interview questions may expose company to lawsuits. In it, Newsday reports that:

Like many small businesses, your company may not be large enough to employ a full-time human resources director.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jeff

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 22, 2008
Great article Jamie. Thanks for outlining some things to remember for the small business owner. I run my own business and it is hard to remember what not to ask as some of the questions are just ones to "get to know" the candidate.

My business works to help people find jobs. Many times the job seeker is asked a variation of these questions with no recourse. They want to say: "You cannot ask that" but know it will impact their interview probably in a negative light.

I typically encourage my clients to answer the questions in a manner that explains their situation without too much detail. For example, if a question about relocating a family comes up, a good response is: "That won't be an issue for me." as this response doesn't send up any red flags.

Good stuff.

[email protected]

http://www.eCareerCenter.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) 12 hr Genesis 96
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) May 24 Sydney 66
News Four People Arrested During SLA Inspections May 22 JT Damillagitti 6
News Man charged with robbing four banks (Jan '08) May 22 Steveyjerkyoffey 86
News Starbucks, GoHealth sign leases at Greybarn Ami... (Jul '16) May 22 Concerned 2
uncle sam /// spit (May '07) May 19 eric a 38
News Heartland hearing shows local support May 17 asbestos anyone 4

Woodbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbury Mortgages