Nassau Legislature approves Suozzi pa...

Nassau Legislature approves Suozzi pay raise

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Nassau Legislature approves Suozzi pay raise. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi is set to get a 60 percent raise Jan. 1, following a vote by the county legislature yesterday to approve pay increases for the five officials who are elected countywide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Margaret Bey

AOL

#1 Dec 18, 2007
With all of the houses in foreclosure or for sale, with all of the elderly unable to pay their heating bills because thejr taxes are too high to live in the homes they have had since fighting for our country in past wars, and will all of the familes struggling with 2 or 3 jobs just to put food on the table, Thomas Suozzi, Kathleen Rice, Howard Weitzman, Maureen O'Connell and my all time favorite double dipper Harvey Levinson have to nerve to take a 60-65% salary increase. Are you kidding me? As human beings do you really have no clue with what is going on with Nassau County. Do you want to be the only 5 people able to live here? I think this is yet another example of the disgraceful people we have running our county. Shame on you all. Instead of taking these raises, fix the problem with the over assessed housing in our county so that familes can afford to live here. Think about others beside yourselves, and when you retire, RETIRE
MARGARET BEY

AOL

#2 Dec 18, 2007
With all of the houses in foreclosure or for sale, with all of the elderly unable to pay their heating bills because thejr taxes are too high to live in the homes they have had since fighting for our country in past wars, and will all of the familes struggling with 2 or 3 jobs just to put food on the table, Thomas Suozzi, Kathleen Rice, Howard Weitzman, Maureen O'Connell and my all time favorite double dipper Harvey Levinson have to nerve to take a 60-65% salary increase. Are you kidding me? As human beings do you really have no clue with what is going on with Nassau County. Do you want to be the only 5 people able to live here? I think this is yet another example of the disgraceful people we have running our county. Shame on you all. Instead of taking these raises, fix the problem with the over assessed housing in our county so that familes can afford to live here. Think about others beside yourselves, and when you retire, RETIRE
One Long Island

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2007
About time

Woburn, MA

#4 Dec 18, 2007
Now these people can actually afford to live in the areas they represent.
jj jr

Bronxville, NY

#5 Dec 18, 2007
Of course the pols will get their raises! It just happens to be after the elections and the public will forget their indescressions buy the time the next election rolls around! These sniveling cowards can't defend the raise any other way! I would like to vote myself a 60% raise too, but restraint and the economy keeps me down! That bull of "I didn't really want it, I just went along" is pure polspeak! This was in the works for a long time, they pulled it now so that they could go on vacation and not answer questions! The coward bastards!
Moby

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 18, 2007
If anyone doubts that suozzi and his cronies are a bunch of sleaze bags now...they've got their heads up thier butts.
PERFECT TOMMY

Dumont, NJ

#7 Dec 18, 2007
Mr. Suozzi deserves the raise. He has to put up Nassaucoutysh1theads like you all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mucking Foron 10 hr Schmedely T Troll 6
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 16 hr bada bing 2,738
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 16 hr save our souls 8,587
Cancers around Cerro Wire (Feb '08) Sat Randi 16
Review: David Sanders Dance Dynamics (Nov '08) Aug 17 Imamomnow 17
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Massapequa Aug 17 SunnyD 1
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Aug 14 Concerned resident 153

Woodbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbury Mortgages