KSC food service lawsuit cools off

There are 1 comment on the Florida Today story from Aug 11, 2007, titled KSC food service lawsuit cools off. In it, Florida Today reports that:

“It got to the point when I threw something in the garbage, they would get after me”

There will be no day in court for a federal lawsuit that raised allegations about rancid chicken, poor hygiene and a worker derisively nicknamed "Dirty Finger Al" in space-center cafeterias. via Florida Today

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Florida Today.

Aliceww

Longwood, FL

#1 Apr 29, 2008
The health inspections were performed by Comprehensive Health Services, Inc.(CHS) who is a subcontractor to Space Gateway Support, the Joint Base Operations Support Contractor.

The food health inspector, Mr. David Dobbs, has performed health inspections of the KSC cafeteria and other food facilities since 1993. The results of these inspections are now being questioned.
Dobbs was recently terminated for falsifying inspection reports and time card fraud. He is currently under investigation by the FBI and
charges are pending. Evidently, Dobbs has been submitting inspection reports and forms (over a yet to be determined period of time) for inspections that were never performed. As a result, the overall health quality of the food served has been questioned.

This complete situation has been kept very quiet to prevent additional bad publicity because of the Dirty Finger Al article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Sat mjjcpa 14
News Lindenhurst Crime Wave, Are you being affected? (Jul '08) Fri Deaddog 62
News Father and son arrested in Copiague drug bust (Mar '09) Fri Somebody who real... 18
Debate: Nuclear Power - Huntington Station, NY (May '11) Fri FP 2
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) May 20 Bruser 2,442
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) May 20 Bruser 8,030
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) May 18 Theresa 18
More from around the web

Woodbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]