Immigration referrals by local police...

Immigration referrals by local police up after Milgram directive

There are 34 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 23, 2008, titled Immigration referrals by local police up after Milgram directive. In it, Newsday reports that:

The New York Times reported Sunday that the rate of such referrals has nearly doubled since a directive seven months ago by state Attorney General Anne Milgram requiring that local authorities ask about ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dr Coles

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 23, 2008
Illegal Aliens and Immigration is NOT the same thing. Immigrant is a legal status granted by a sovereign country. We have to many folks who do not know and are ignorant or outright deceivers, confusing illegal alien workers calling them illegal immigrants with immigrants. Criminals did NOT build America; Citizens and LEGAL immigrants built it. American’s want an end to anarchy! This is NOT a Democrat, Republican, Independent issue. It's an American Issue.

Illegal aliens are criminals, those who hire them are criminals and those who aid-and-abet them are criminals.

Illegal aliens in America have NO rights. We are required by law to arrest and prosecute, deport them.(Title 8 U.S. Code) To report illegal aliens call the DHS National Hotline 1 866 DHS 2ICE.(1-866-347-2523)

No, matter your political party affiliation, and setting aside your thoughts on issues. We all need to remember what it is to be an American Citizen. We need to make sure our elected representatives obey their Oath of Office and keep their Oath of Allegiance. See http://tinyurl.com/2znnvl Know whom you are voting for.
Yeah Man

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#2 Mar 23, 2008
What is wrong with enforcing the immigration laws? Illegal aliens are law breakers and need to comply with the law. Every time illegals come in contact with any local, state or federal government officials is time for the law to be enforced.
Anyone who said anything different is adding and abetting.
dataman1

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 23, 2008
Check IDs. Deport illegals. Enforce the law!
Spuds

Wichita, KS

#4 Mar 23, 2008
" and said the directive is chilling relations between immigrants and the police."

Immigrants get valid visa's, these people are lawbreakers and should be weary of polioe. They should be turned over to ICE and deported as the law states ....

Keep up the great worki, continue to expose these people for what they are. Law Breakers!
Bettybb

AOL

#5 Mar 23, 2008
It is good to see there is some movement toward heeding the will of the American people, a majority of whom want deportation.

But Mexico is fighting hard for its ultimate goal.

The lastest is another amnesty attempt in Congress. Call and start raising the roof again.

WATCH THE VIDEO OF

THE MEXICAN CONSULATE CLAIMING SAN DIEGO, CA BELONGS TO MEXICO ...

Call, fax , phone your Federal and State reps and send them the video. Demand action.

To Locate Contact Information for your members of Congress, visit...
http://www.alipac.us/content-25.html
The Neo Cons and the Dem leadership want integration with Mexico to give huge free trade profits to the "elite".

Want to check out info on the North American Union that is being foisted on us without the consent of the governed?

www.stopnorthamericanunion.com
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/ ...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/hispani ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch ... NAFTA SUPER HIGHWAY & look at the report on real ID PSA
http://thenewamerican.com/node/7152

Check Judicial Watch and read the Bush government document that says that as Americans will resist North American integration, it has to be done in secret, and implemented by "evolution stealth".

You can also read the agendas of meetings between USA/Mexico/Canada on infrastructure integration and open borders.

Read David Brooks', a columnist with New York Times article in December 2007 furious because as he put it " the elite" had a bipartisan agreement for free trade and NAFTA that was raking in the money and Lou Dobbs, the anti illegal immigration advocate, screwed it up. He did not mention that the money goes to the "elite" and ordinary Americans are hung out to dry.

BOYCOTT ... BOYCOTT..... BOYCOTT.....BOYCOTT

Ordinary Americans should start a boycott of all trips to Mexico and all Mexican made goods until all the Mexican illegal aliens have returned to their own country. The Pew Hispanic Center said the largest group of illegals is Mexican.

No need for a big campaign, just regular Americans one by one deciding enough is enough, and refusing to bUy anything made in Mexico or to travel to Mexico.

Mexico's economy is composed of:
10% oil revenue
20% revenue sent home by illegal aliens
70% tourism.

I bet that would stop President Calderon from continuing to say that where ever Mexicans are in America, so is Mexico, and that Mexican integration is going to happen so Americans just better learn to deal with it.

It would also be a good kick in the pants to our big business butt kissing politicians.

Time is running out. If we do not act, we will lose our language, culture and nation.

All that will remain is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.
Run262

Brentwood, NY

#6 Mar 23, 2008
Did you see the term police referrals? This reminds me of current laws saying local police have no immigration enforcement powers. All they can do is refer after someone is arrested on state charges.

It will get worse before it gets better.
SAD

Orange, NJ

#8 Mar 23, 2008
I hate to read the feeling of all these people let me tell you, this is the way they were thinking before Hitler kill millions of people. No differnce.
Spuds

Wichita, KS

#9 Mar 23, 2008
SAD wrote:
I hate to read the feeling of all these people let me tell you, this is the way they were thinking before Hitler kill millions of people. No differnce.
Sorry if it bothers you, but these people are law breakers and need to stop sponging off the American tax payer. Let them return to their homelands and build a better life.

We are not their keepers!!
SAD

Orange, NJ

#10 Mar 23, 2008
Spuds wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if it bothers you, but these people are law breakers and need to stop sponging off the American tax payer. Let them return to their homelands and build a better life.
We are not their keepers!!
That could be true, but we have just one side of the story and many of the "law breakers" made good to human kind too and many of them paid taxes too and maybe they built your home and many other houses, cut the grass removed snow or been eatting the vegetables they've picked. But this is a free country and we have the right to have differents opinions. Peace out
Ed Weirdness

Little Rock, AR

#11 Mar 24, 2008
Ridiculous assertion that this in any way harms Police/Immigrant relations. Those who've followed our laws have nothing to fear, except perhaps the inconvenience of involvement in a police investigation, native born and naturalized citizens also experience this inconvenience. That referrals have nearly doubled should be an eye-opener as to how incredibly bad the situation of illegal immigration has become. If the police themselves are confised, its simply a matter of training or retraining the officers until they understand the limits of their responsibility. Officers who have a hard time understanding or enforcing the law, should probably seek another form of employment more in keeping with their skills or their personal agenda. Doubtless the majority of those complaining are the illegals themselves or close relatives, dependents or employers, essentially all those who benefit from our failure to enforce our immigration laws. NJ and Milgram deserve credit for stepping up to address the problem of illegal immigration!

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#12 Mar 24, 2008
SAD wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be true, but we have just one side of the story and many of the "law breakers" made good to human kind too and many of them paid taxes too and maybe they built your home and many other houses, cut the grass removed snow or been eatting the vegetables they've picked. But this is a free country and we have the right to have differents opinions. Peace out
Per INS,DOJ,COA, for every dollar aliens payed in tax's 4.14 was used by aliens and their children for services as food stamps,welfare,jails.health care,education, etc..
Report,deport,and arrest for aiding$abetting.
Halibut

United States

#13 Mar 24, 2008
Milgrim's policy only makes sense. Police need to know who it is they are dealing with so ID should always be required. Illegal immigrants are more likely not to appear in court, so to avoid wasting time and the taxpayer's money, they (police)should be able to ask if the person in custody is here legally. Someone please tell me where this policy doesn't make sense?
Spuds

Wichita, KS

#14 Mar 24, 2008
SAD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't employ them! It's bad enough I help pay for their social services with my tax dollars !
mcmorty

Bartlesville, OK

#15 Mar 24, 2008
SAD wrote:
- Interesting that SAD brought up Hitler because if it weren't for the United States SAD either wouldn't be here or he/she would be writing in German. Much difference, si!
Delaware Bob

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Mar 24, 2008
I'm looking forward to ALL 50 States passing a State law to deal with these ILLEGAL ALIENS. The law seems to be working fine in Oklahoma and Arizona (except for the border).

These ILLEGAL ALIENS must get out of this Country and back to their own country. What gives them the right to sneak into our Country? What gives them the right to drop all their ANCHOR BABIES and have the American taxpayer pay for them? Yes, explain that right to me?

I believe it's time to make a few strong examples of these companies who hire these ILLEGAL ALIENS for their own profit. Yes, come down on them hard!

The problems this ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has caused is just overwhelming. These problems WILL NOT go away as long as there is an ILLEGAL ALIEN in this Country. Let's get them out!
Chylloh

AOL

#17 Mar 24, 2008
Mexico's population-----somewhere around 100 million.

If America has absorbed 40 million thru illegal migrating, how much longer until all of Mexico's population will be here?

100 million - 40 million = only leaves 60 million remaining in Mexico.

Wonder why the majority of Mexico has invaded America------take over?
Erin Bucknerd

Rockville, MD

#18 Mar 24, 2008
SAD wrote:
How do you know this is how they were thinking? Sounds like this is how YOU think. Go pick up a day laborer so he can molest your son.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#19 Mar 24, 2008
Delaware Bob wrote:
I'm looking forward to ALL 50 States passing a State law to deal with these ILLEGAL ALIENS. The law seems to be working fine in Oklahoma and Arizona (except for the border).
These ILLEGAL ALIENS must get out of this Country and back to their own country. What gives them the right to sneak into our Country? What gives them the right to drop all their ANCHOR BABIES and have the American taxpayer pay for them? Yes, explain that right to me?
I believe it's time to make a few strong examples of these companies who hire these ILLEGAL ALIENS for their own profit. Yes, come down on them hard!
The problems this ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has caused is just overwhelming. These problems WILL NOT go away as long as there is an ILLEGAL ALIEN in this Country. Let's get them out!
Cargill meat packers, who hired aliens burned to the ground the other day.

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#21 Mar 24, 2008
SAD wrote:
Did someone say hitler?
Naw, I won't post it again.
Illegals need to know that they are not going to stay. If you wish I could post ... on never mind.

Here ya go...
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/405...

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#22 Mar 24, 2008
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
Cargill meat packers, who hired aliens burned to the ground the other day.
http://www.4029tv.com/news/15683393/detail.ht...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Weatherby Dec '17 Concerned 1
News Gloucester City woman missing since September h... (Jan '15) Nov '17 Michelle L 6
Bellmawr Only! (Apr '08) Nov '17 Larry Eihnhorn 4
David R. Mayer Responsible for High Property Ta... Oct '17 Get out Mayer 1
Mayor David Mayer pours massive tax increase Sep '17 Andy 1
News Dad Stuck on Rising Drawbridge Says he was Forc... Aug '17 Say What Now 2
Mayor David R. Mayer is a FAKE Democrat Aug '17 Tyrone 3

Woodbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbury Mortgages