Review: Tricia Sloan Dance Ctr

Posted in the Woodbury Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Ogden, UT

#1 Oct 26, 2008
Steer clear of this place...I've never enountered a facility who is supposed to cater to children treat them with such disregard. They don't have your children's best interest in mind when it comes to anything they try to do. It's all about the dollar there and given these uncertain economic times, remember there are more cost effective places around who actually care about your children. This is the only way you will be able to communicate with these people, is by hitting them in the wallet. Look around at other places before making any decisions about signing up here. Your kids will be much better off.
Tai Mai Shu

Hightstown, NJ

#2 Oct 26, 2008
If you are looking for a great place that treats the children exceptionally well, give DX Academy on Delsea Drive a try. The teachers absolutely adore the kids and actually enjoy teaching them. It's a small place. It is located on busy Delsea Drive across from the bowling alley and traffic is a nightmare but still well worth going there.
Better options

United States

#3 Oct 27, 2008
There are so many great places to dance in Gloucester County; don't bother with this one. There are several others which have caring teachers, hard working students, and give you more bang for your buck. Children should be treated as people, not as dollar signs.
Grapevine

Ogden, UT

#4 Oct 30, 2008
I've never heard such bad comments about a dance studio in my life. I hear about these people on the soccor field, baseball field and basketball courts...the parents have nothing nice to say about the owners and operation of this place. I personally am steering clear and I suggest everyone do the same...send these people a message that hits them where they live, in the wallet.
Lester H

Millville, NJ

#5 Nov 23, 2008
What the heck is everyone talking about? My child attends TSDS and we are very happy with their services..... They have done an excellent job!
Lyn

AOL

#6 Mar 22, 2009
No, I have to agree---it is all about the dollar and EGO here at Tricia's. And they have a long time track record of dumping teachers. Dumped one teacher because he had the audacity to audition for a dance job in a show without telling the owner Tricia. No not because he didn't disclose information, but because he got a professional dance job and the owner didn't. Dumped another instructor who danced at the studio for better than 15 years, but because she had the audacity to get a day time job, and could not work every evening she was booted out the door too.. I love the web site, trying to portray Tricia as some big time dancer--a member of SAG, appeared along side Nicole Kidman in Stepford Wives--for god sake she was an extra. Worst is how awful they are to the kids. Favoritism hit an all time low at this studio. Dumped a wonderful dancer who happened to be deaf. She was dancing in her college's dance company, and could not make just one class for the minimum needed to stay in company. You needed to take something like 12 classes a week to be in company. This kid had a conflict and could only do 11. Instead of working with the kid, because she was such a wonderful asset and role model to the kids, and fantastic dancer, she was booted. Another long time kid was dumped because she got a offer from a dance company. She could not make one or two classes, and she was dumped. Seems the family owned biz, doesn't like anyone to do better than them. But watch out when you get out of favor them--they become even more awful to the kids. Stay away from this place. The ego's are way to big to do any good for the kids!!
Anonymous

Newark, DE

#7 May 24, 2009
Trust me, I danced at this studio for 11 years and basically grew up with them. I was in dance company, all their productions, and spent close to 15 hours a week dancing there. They are awful people, who play favorites to an unfair extreme. If you are not a favorite you can count on the fact that you will have an awful exerience. They may be nice to young children, but as they get older this is really a problem. I was not a favorite and was constantly overlooked and ignored. Additionally they have absoloutly no loyalty. Just look at the number of long time students and teachers they have thrown out because they have started to do better than the owner. Trust me, stay away from this studio if you want to avoid alot of disappointment and heartache.
Sick

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jul 22, 2010
Wow sounds like someone did not get their why here!
Very unfair comments one sided and no proof.
When its your child you want everyone to bow down but with these comments you have proven how spoiled you yourself are. I have nothing to do with the studio but have had kids who went there. No I was not in any clicks my children went danced and learned as they should. Get over your scorn attitude and think of your child and what they learn my your comments and actions.
Anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 29, 2010
This studio is the best place to send your children! There are classes for every age. Tricia is a very professional person who encourages her students to try their best and to go forward with dancing in their future. The girls are very uniform, body suits and hair in a bun. The production of the Nutcracker is awesome! Tricia is always gracious about the roles she gives out, not once has she taken a role away. The summer camps and classes are wonderful. I would never send my children any where else. They LOVE it here. Every parent I talk to in the waiting room loves the studio and how much their kid loves their teacher and dancing in general, that they dance around the house all the time and cant wait until the next class. The Senior Company is very good at helping out with the younger companies and helping out with the baby classes. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER take your kid to another studio. You will love it here.I know my kids and I do!
Disappointed

Portsmouth, VA

#10 May 23, 2011
my child was a brand new student in September. I did see these negative reviews prior to signing her up there, and decided I would get my own opinion. The moment I walked through the door at this school, I realized the staff and owners have set a rude tone to all the parents and children in this place. Not one person greets you when you walk in...they sit there like robots waiting for your money. Not once did the teachers in this place acknowledge my child with a hello, nothing. We walk in there saying hello to everyone we encounter. It almost feels like an assembly line with students in and out of the classrooms..zero regard to these excited children. It is sad to see such unhappy proprietors. my child will not return to this school. Very ugly and disgusting attitudes, from all of the staff.
frank

Northville, MI

#11 Jun 11, 2011
the parents are snobby and act as if they are gods gift to society, not all, but most. the owners and staff are not friendly, and what is the deal with patti sloan (mom), she has the personality of a doorknob. this place sucked, and we cant wait til its over. also, what is the deal with 2 shows, really, do they need money that bad.. ridiculous.
nobody rly knows

Haddonfield, NJ

#12 Jun 14, 2011
umm u really dont know what its like there. the staff are really nice and my child has been dancing there for about 10 years now and "dissappointed" i dont know where you went but nobody greets u when u first walk in iv never seen anybody greet u wen u first walk into any dance studio. and there are no favorites and if there were i think id no. and they need the money to keep the place running there gonna make the place bigger with another dance studio. and a lot of the students have gotten into the rock school and philadelpiha ballet school. dont judge so harshly
unknown

Glassboro, NJ

#13 Jul 13, 2011
frank wrote:
the parents are snobby and act as if they are gods gift to society, not all, but most. the owners and staff are not friendly, and what is the deal with patti sloan (mom), she has the personality of a doorknob. this place sucked, and we cant wait til its over. also, what is the deal with 2 shows, really, do they need money that bad.. ridiculous.
you hit the nail on the head frank!!! kudos to you!!!!
Dibba

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 17, 2011
My daughter's been going there seven years without any problems. My experience hasn't been what is described here at all
SayNoToSloan

Sewell, NJ

#15 Sep 28, 2011
Most arrogant and condescending dance organization I've ever run in to.

In my opinion father/owner James Sloan (GCC 'teacher')is an arrogant prick without the credentials to back it up. Daughter Tricia thinks she is a primma donna and no one dares to tell her otherwise.

They should look in the mirror.
unknown

Glassboro, NJ

#16 Jan 5, 2012
Patty is the puppet and Jim and Tricia are the puppet masters!!!!!
I_am_the_Queen

Lake Orion, MI

#17 Feb 2, 2012
frank wrote:
the parents are snobby and act as if they are gods gift to society, not all, but most. the owners and staff are not friendly, and what is the deal with patti sloan (mom), she has the personality of a doorknob. this place sucked, and we cant wait til its over. also, what is the deal witshows, really, do they need money that bad.. ridiculous.
This exactly! A little bit of effort in the customer service department goes a long way, TSDC. Here is a little advice that will earn you major brownie points down the road. Engage in conversations with ALL of your clients, smile and enjoy what you do. Don't look at them like they are just bothering you to do your job. Don't look down your nose at them and pretend you are the queen. You are not. I am. I am the customer paying for your livelihood. At least pretend to act thankful.
For goodness sake, UPDATE your website! The baby is almost 3 and honestly, family and baby news should be on another page on the site. Your offerings for classes, star student news and other studio news should be front and center. Again, you are not the queen. I am.
It's very nice that you are renovating and expanding. However, it is a very slow process that inconveniences the parents and scares the small children during class. I'm not sure how you see the waiting room has improved. It is still HOT, crowded, dark and the televisions don't work. They never have. There are not enough chairs and they are horribly uncomfortable. And you would do parents a great service to put an activity table in the corner. Then you wouldn't have small children running around everywhere. Clever ideas, no? This is because I am the Queen. And you are not.
Get over yourselves please. My eyes hurt from rolling.
Sincerely,
The Queen
(which you are not)
unknown

Audubon, NJ

#18 Feb 20, 2012
you guys are wrong about this place just by reading these comments. they are very nice there, my daughter went there for 9 years and not one person was rude to me there. they don't just care about the money they care about the students to and they trained them very well. most students get into the rock school summer program and works with Christopher Flemming.
parent of kids

Glassboro, NJ

#19 Mar 7, 2012
I have a feeling some of these "good" posts are comming from the TSDC owners. They are just too detailed..hmmmm
Love

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Apr 21, 2012
Hi I am a Student of TSDC and I have danced there for almost ten years they do show a little favaritetism but the people there are nice one of the teachers their made me cry she yelled at me in front of the hole and shows a lot of favoritism on the bright side Mrs Trica and he family are very nice you don't need people greeting you at the door this is not a hotel The Sloans can't help for the snobby parents and if you would like fun people who care about you go to TSDC!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jessica Cecilia Ratcliffe & Peter Anthony Polij... (Oct '09) Apr '16 Animale 2
Save the Historic Hugg House Apr '16 Noname 2
Review: Stacy L Spinosi Law Office (Jul '09) Apr '16 Eric Krawawecz 14
Debate: Gay Marriage - Woodbury, NJ (Aug '10) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 15
News Man Charged With Taped Beating Apr '16 blech 1
joshua dockery sailor (Mar '10) Mar '16 Nebraska 5
News Gloucester City woman missing since September h... (Jan '15) Mar '16 TooMuchWhiteTrash... 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbury Mortgages