DeLuca Says He Will Stay On

DeLuca Says He Will Stay On

There are 28 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 8, 2007, titled DeLuca Says He Will Stay On. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

GOP Leader Won't Quit Senate June 8, 2007 By MARK PAZNIOKAS , Courant Staff Writer Senate Minority Leader Louis C. DeLuca wrestled with his emotions Thursday as he described his role in a domestic drama that ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Doctor America

Mystic, CT

#1 Jun 8, 2007
badda bing!

(Maybe DeLuca can get some spiritual counseling from his old friend Pastor Rowland.)
Get Rid Of Him NOW

Waterbury, CT

#2 Jun 8, 2007
Gee, sounds just like John Rowland's "I will not Resign..." speech..Also is a bit of the Apology, I made a mistake speech...Rowland cost the State of 6 million dollars with Impeachment Inquiry. How much will this guy cost before he is gone? He has the use of the State's Resources & his position. Like Rowland - What Arrogance! You must accept HIS defintion of an Honest Man. That may play in Waterbury, where some said Rowland did not take Bribes, he took Gratuities. DeLuca should not be in this position of leadership where he has made wrong decisions affecting people?
JFP

Manchester, CT

#4 Jun 8, 2007
Amazing. They should boot him the hell out of there. Seems like a no brainer to me that he should be gone.
Duke

Harwinton, CT

#5 Jun 8, 2007
Ok, at the very, very least he used bad judgment. Big-time. That should be enough for a modest man to step down as a political leader. Time to go home and cut your lawn, Lou. Don't call us, we'll call you.
Your Stupid

Bloomfield, CT

#6 Jun 8, 2007
Glad I'm not in any of your families.
You wont even protect your loved ones.
Family should come first and in ours we protect all.
DOGMA

Newington, CT

#7 Jun 8, 2007
At the ripe age of 73 years Deluca did not know what to do. He had yet to learn the illusive lessons of right from wrong.
A trash hauler singles him out and says "if there is anything I can do for you" and Deluca remembers this. Did the milkman or anyone else extend a similar offer? Of course if you want someone to "lean on" an irritant you contact a trash hauler, really? Or perhaps if he is known to be connected.
Refusing a bribe is a sign of impeccable character (and rare) for a politician. Refusing it because you are concerned about traceability suggests something less than a good character trait and moreover, that this may not have been his first picnic.
Conferring with his 'caucus', one assumes there was a consensus that he had no justifiable reason, relating to wrongdoing, to resign. What nonsense?
Of Course we know DeLuca will do the right thing. For whom and based on what? If the bells are tolling for DeLuca, they would be the only thing that rings true in this storyline. This Sunday, The Sopranos will have their final episode, how fitting. The same should be true for DeLuca. Resign now and resist from further darkening the door of the Capitol. Our state requires less from you not more.
flannelshirt

Salem, CT

#8 Jun 8, 2007
get out of here, will you!
Here Is The Deal

Waterbury, CT

#9 Jun 8, 2007
DeLuca won't resign till he gets at least something like it..It will be SWEET for Lou IF/When he does resign & it must be from the Senate not just the leadership position. All of his unused sick/personal day and unused vacation time will be credited toward his generous pension. Also those same days will be paid out in Cash. He will receive his entire salary for the year. And of course the great Heath Package for himself and his wife. He probably get some paid position in the State Republican Party...Yes, people make mistakes and because of that lose their jobs and You should too. However nobody would get a Sweet a Package as you to JUST GO AWAY.
JFP

Manchester, CT

#10 Jun 8, 2007
Wow, "Your Stupid" should stop looking in the mirror. So, it's ok for a state lawmaker to have a member of the mob lean on someone (Deserved or not) for favors in the state? Wow, did you fall off the dumb truck?
Needs to Go

New Milford, CT

#12 Jun 8, 2007
He should resign. He broke the law by attempting to hire someone to threaten someone else...He also had the option to go to the police, which he claims to have done...yet I find it hard to believe that someone who has been around since the Tracy Thurman Act was put into law...meaning Police are to respond to any call related to suspected violence. If there is any evidence of violence, no matter how insignificant...an arrest is to be made. If it cannot be determined by statements, all parties involved are to be arrested...It is the law in Connecticut. Tracy Thurman vs. Torrington, CT, Tracy won when she sued the town of Torrington and the police dept for failing to act and won.
He is a high ranking official and just like any average citizen, when you are not happy with the service or lack there of, you can go take it to the next level...there is no evidence that he tried this.
I have no pity for this man, he needs to go. He broke the law.
DeLuca is a gavone

North Haven, CT

#13 Jun 8, 2007
DeLuca should swim with the fishes. Cafero should be next. GOP should elect some worthy Italian-Americans.
Bob

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Jun 8, 2007
Another corrupt politician here in CT!
Ken

Haddam, CT

#16 Jun 8, 2007
The ego of these guys who get elected in perpetuity just baffles me. My middle initial is "G", but that does not make me God. Perhaps his middle initial is g and he takes it seriously.

The only right, fitting and honorable thing is to resign.

He had a long career, presuming from his associations, perhaps he has a very large nest egg, padded with feathers he's pilfered from his pals along the way.

Connecticut politics continually amazes me. Resign, go away quietly into the night.
Oh brother

Budd Lake, NJ

#17 Jun 8, 2007
"Honest men" don't hang around with mobsters and say they'll do anything for them. TIME TO GO. IT'S ESPECIALLY DISPICABLE TO HIDE BEHIND YOUR FAMILY! Accepting responsibility includes resigning and admitting that you did more than commit a minor indiscretion. If it were the Democratic Majority Leader who did it, you'd be swinging from a vine!

Since: Feb 07

Connecticut

#18 Jun 8, 2007
Don't piss him off or you may get the old Soprano muscle treatment.

Since: Feb 07

Hartford, CT

#19 Jun 8, 2007
Your Stupid wrote:
Glad I'm not in any of your families.
You wont even protect your loved ones.
Family should come first and in ours we protect all.
Sure, but if you're going to break the law, even to protect your "family" (the Sopranos?) then
you still have to face the consequences.

But since the rest of Connecticut's elected reps are just as corrupt, it is no suprise that they in turn are protecting a fellow dirty politician.

DeLuca has no honor. And normally his selfish and shameless refusal to step down would bring dishonor to this state's elected body, but apparently the smell of one skunk is hardly noticed by the rest of the skunk pack.
Tom

Portland, CT

#20 Jun 8, 2007
Scumbag, corrupt, vile, disgusting. Even worse that he won't resign. No morals. Mob connections. Legislature is totally corrupt.
Wing Man

New York, NY

#21 Jun 8, 2007
I think he should resign for hiring a phony tough guy. If he wanted to hire a mobster he should have hired Tommy Milo, not some red headed, scarf-wearing, poser. Quality matters.
Joe

Roseland, NJ

#22 Jun 8, 2007
What's going on in Waterbury? It's not just the Republicans.. The current mayor is also one of the biggest land developers in town...
http://www.rep-am.com/story.php...
pauls

Knightsen, CA

#24 Jun 8, 2007
It funny, yesterday he said that he's received "hundreds" (I think that was the quote) of emails and they were all supportive, yet the poll and the comments here are in favor of his resigning. Either the readers here are an abnormality or he's a liar. That's right, the police said he lied to them. He shouldn't get the chance to resign - he should be thrown out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rep. Elizabeth Esty won't seek re-election amid... Apr 2 SirPrize 1
Wheel Easy driving school (Feb '17) Mar '18 Former Student 6
What was the the Naugatuck Valley Mall like? (Jun '13) Feb '18 Davidsimon 21
News Stratford housing panelist dogged by residency ... Dec '17 Daniels Conscience 2
i would take mike pence over trump anyday (Aug '17) Dec '17 Mumphries 2
News Horton Foote's the Trip to Bountiful Approaches... Oct '17 America Gentleman... 1
News Waterbury woman charged with animal abuse (Jul '17) Jul '17 USA R0CKS 12

Woodbury Jobs

Personal Finance

Woodbury Mortgages