Officials: Ashlyn Ferreiro struck & k...

Officials: Ashlyn Ferreiro struck & killed by NJ Transit train

There are 76 comments on the story from Jun 23, 2007, titled Officials: Ashlyn Ferreiro struck & killed by NJ Transit train. In it, reports that:

“My sister loved every single person here, whether or not she knew you tight or if you were that friend in school”

Officials say the victim, 12-year old Ashlyn Ferriero, may have been playing a game of "chicken" with an oncoming train, a train that hit and killed her. via

Join the discussion below, or

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ian walker

Jersey City, NJ

#66 Dec 10, 2008
I feel so bad. I was really upset of what happenes. But now i help with her fund alot. Please donate to the Fashion Loves Ashlyn Fund. Go to to learn more.
Lauren Quinn

Secaucus, NJ

#67 Jan 30, 2009
i know its been a year.
but i still cant believe she is gone!
i didnt really know her but my cousin did!

Dahlonega, GA

#68 Feb 2, 2009
nothin to say to this one

Toms River, NJ

#69 Feb 9, 2009
I heard of this story. It is a very sad story.

Lakewood, NJ

#70 May 8, 2009
Ashlyn , sorry that this happened to you hun.
Rest in peace. You didnt deserve any of this and no one deserves the pain of loosing someone special as you. sorry your life was taken because of a mistake you didnt deserve. you should have lived a long and happy life.
i dont know you but from what i hear you seem to be one amazing, funny, kind, and great friend. and im very sorry about your loss. <3
ashlyn friend joey

Newark, NJ

#71 Jun 21, 2009
donald trump wrote:
Must of been pretty dumb. how do you get hit by a frickin train? Did it jump out of the bushes? Lol great story. LMFAO

yo donald trump im one of ashlyns friends n i know u dont care wat other people say but when i read wat u said i really wanted to hit some thing i cant stand ppl talkin about her it drives me insane!!!
ashlyn friend joey

Newark, NJ

#72 Jun 21, 2009
and ashly i miss u sooo baby girl talk to yu soon ;)

Piscataway, NJ

#73 Oct 13, 2009
donald trumph is stupid & immature hes a stupid face .:]

Moscow, Russia

#74 Oct 18, 2009
No one is saying she was a bad person, but obviously this child had issues, she had nothing better to do than to go play on the trains tracks? Doesn't make sense. Come on at 12 you should know better. What a shame.

Philadelphia, PA

#75 Jan 2, 2010
what an ass whole. most normal people would be disturbed by this story go get some help. get a life you obviously didnt know her so why are u on this site any way. loser

Philadelphia, PA

#76 Jan 2, 2010
Matt from CMS wrote:
im in 7th grade and i have never seen ashley but i here an awful lot of stuff about her and how she died. i feel very sorry for her and i wish she waz back. my friend joey or i think he is was a good frend with her and he seemed very sad when he got the news that ashley died R.I.P Ashley Ferriero!!!!
P.S tell me where you get those ashley bracelets on my myspace ma names Matthew Halbing
her name is ashlyn

Philadelphia, PA

#77 Jan 2, 2010
ashlyn and i had many child hood memories together. havnt seen her since we were little. i have been thinking about her a lot latley and really wish i had more time with her. love you

Keansburg, NJ

#78 Feb 27, 2010
ur right it is hard for ur fam(ily) i didnt even know he and its REALLY REALLY hard for ME and i DIDNT even know her everytime i hear i train i shed a tear

Jersey City, NJ

#79 Dec 7, 2010
I'm absolutely speechless... I remember the first day I met her, omg. She was so happy. smiling like crazy & always laughing. & now she's gone. I miss her sososososososososo much :/ if I could back in time & stop her from getting hit by that train I would. I was legit standing right next too it when everything happened. I cried for so long. Its not funny, & all these assholes that are saying shit, can fuck off & rot in hell ! This beautiful innocent girl didn't deserve too die. She was too young & had her life ahead of her. & the worst thing about is, she died two days after my birthday...

Babygirl, I miss you & I love you sooooooooo much <3

Rahway, NJ

#80 Jan 16, 2011
It's very tragic but I have a hard time feeling too sorry for a young girl who was playing on the train tracks. I do take solace in the fact that she may serve as an example for other young people.
David from AMS

Woodbridge, NJ

#81 Feb 16, 2012
Im in 6th grade now in AMS and I noticed a little sign saying "in loving memory of Ashlyn Marie Ferriero"
I feel so sad now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perth Amboy is a dump cause its filled with Low... (Mar '12) Nov 23 Anonymous 79
Poll Who here thinks Perth Amboy is ghetto?? (Aug '13) Nov 22 Ivanie 19
News Elections in Old Bridge, Sayreville, Edison hig... Nov 5 louis 2
Hero in town???? Oct '15 Lisa Simpson 1
News Teacher charged in sex assault of girl (Dec '06) Sep '15 Aka21 27
News Deadly Roads (Dec '13) Jun '15 Jwick 2
News New book by Dick Cheney takes on Barack Obama (Apr '15) May '15 Your Ex 258
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbridge Mortgages