corruption, discrimination and lack o...

corruption, discrimination and lack of open minds

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

sad but true

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Oct 29, 2006
I am a member of the woodbine community yet not a proud one, my parents brought me here to woodbine and the united states so I could have a better life, instead I found myself in a discriminating worlds witch I had never known, woodbine is way too far from the real world everyone is in their own little shell afraid of new experiences the lucky ones that leave, leave only because of the motivation that this plain boring discriminating town gives them.
we must stop all the nonsense and embrace all that can be done with the town, job opportunities in woodbine are low for the youth unless your parents can drive you to the closest city you have to settle for either trying to get a job at one of the local pizza places or getting a ride from somewhere, there is no sense in the future of woodbine, kids are running around being introduced the drugs and getting in trouble we are creating a play ground for thugs and or criminals.
There needs to be an end to this the people need to pitch in with activities after you get out of elementary school there are no more after school programs to go to that will give you a sense of pride, purpose, and motivation. Basically kids are stuck in woodbine knowing pretty much one thing, that they may most likely end up working at the state school like mom and dad, some may join the military as I did. Many of the kids will go to college and become something better in life yet they will not achieve this unless they have once again the purpose and motivation. So letís start paving that road for the future now.
TJK

Bronx, NY

#2 Mar 26, 2007
I like pizzas!!!!

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Apr 5, 2007
sad but true wrote:
I am a member of the woodbine community yet not a proud one, my parents brought me here to woodbine and the united states so I could have a better life, instead I found myself in a discriminating worlds witch I had never known, woodbine is way too far from the real world everyone is in their own little shell afraid of new experiences the lucky ones that leave, leave only because of the motivation that this plain boring discriminating town gives them.
we must stop all the nonsense and embrace all that can be done with the town, job opportunities in woodbine are low for the youth unless your parents can drive you to the closest city you have to settle for either trying to get a job at one of the local pizza places or getting a ride from somewhere, there is no sense in the future of woodbine, kids are running around being introduced the drugs and getting in trouble we are creating a play ground for thugs and or criminals.
There needs to be an end to this the people need to pitch in with activities after you get out of elementary school there are no more after school programs to go to that will give you a sense of pride, purpose, and motivation. Basically kids are stuck in woodbine knowing pretty much one thing, that they may most likely end up working at the state school like mom and dad, some may join the military as I did. Many of the kids will go to college and become something better in life yet they will not achieve this unless they have once again the purpose and motivation. So letís start paving that road for the future now.
And what's wrong with working at the "state school" (Developmental Center)???
Yugocif

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 8, 2007
Woodbine has been ignored by the Cape May County Freeholders for years. It suffers from neglect bcause it doesn't bring in big rateables. The black community is fragmented. These issues need to be brought out in a united front. Woodbine will not see a resurgence until it gets a sense of community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Jan '18 former employee 253
Cable and internet options in Sea Isle City Dec '17 SIhomeowner 1
News Black family settles bias suit against NJ town (Sep '10) Sep '17 mary 3
sea isle is a total mess (Jan '16) Sep '17 liz 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Josh 43
News Prospect of online lottery sales worries NJ shops (Jan '11) Jan '11 Mike 1
News Independent Republicans Watkins, Geene, Seek Wo... (Oct '10) Oct '10 MRG 1

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbine Mortgages