Sea Isle City Owes Family $550K in Di...

Sea Isle City Owes Family $550K in Discrimination Suit

There are 4 comments on the NBC40.net News story from Jul 21, 2010, titled Sea Isle City Owes Family $550K in Discrimination Suit. In it, NBC40.net News reports that:

SEA ISLE CITY -- A black family who sued this Jersey Shore town for racial discrimination has settled part of the lawsuit for more than $500,000.Dorth...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC40.net News.

ELFudgeJones

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jul 22, 2010
This family deserves the 550k and more. There was no need for a little girl to be excluded from a christmas play because of her race. This goes to tell us the even in this day and time people have not learned from our history that racism is a bad hurtful thing. Imagine the hurt they all have been through, pain some of us may not ever understand.
diana conti dunn

Chestertown, MD

#2 Aug 11, 2012
i agree with you. im from sea isle now in md. i never thought sea isle was prejudice, but as a youngster i always wondered i hardly ever saw a african american around there . this was something my family never talked about. this is alwful espeially when a child is involved. they will always remember this. racism is awlful.
diana dunn

Pittsville, MD

#3 Dec 27, 2012
i would never move back to sea isle. too many snobs and people with money who think they are better then others. family always told me the blacks didn't come there cause they were poor and lived in woodbine. what lies. then i worked with someone from jersey in virginia and she told me that the town was racist. i was so surprised. and here i went there for a visit . had i known we would never have come back there.
dee riccardi

Laurel, DE

#4 Apr 29, 2013
I think sea isle is a snobbish town. people there are all about money most of them. i am glad i am not there anymore and would never ever go back there again. i have no reason to go back there as i have no family there anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Jun '17 hey 232
wechay sex chats video calls in south africa (Mar '15) Jan '17 Shane69 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Josh 43
News Prospect of online lottery sales worries NJ shops (Jan '11) Jan '11 Mike 1
News Independent Republicans Watkins, Geene, Seek Wo... (Oct '10) Oct '10 MRG 1
News Ortiz, Perez Seek Woodbine Council Seats (Oct '10) Oct '10 MRG 1
Election Candidates forum (Oct '10) Oct '10 Gary Stein 2

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbine Mortgages