Teenage sisters killed in crash with ...

Teenage sisters killed in crash with cop car

There are 41 comments on the Jersey Journal story from Sep 28, 2006, titled Teenage sisters killed in crash with cop car. In it, Jersey Journal reports that:

Posted by The Star-Ledger September 28, 2006 12:02 Two teenage sisters were killed last night in Cape May County when an on-duty state trooper blew a stop sign and struck the side of their minivan as it ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jersey Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Greg

Farmingdale, NJ

#1 Oct 1, 2006
Those who are trying to cover up the issue have lost complete touch with reality. This was not an accident, a crime has been committed.
This individual who committed this crime was so shaken by what he did, he went into work the next day.
If this individual walks, it will be an atrocity against anyone with a soul.
Concerned Citizen

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 3, 2006
I agree Greg, he knew the sign was there. This is clearly manslaughter. It would appear the news agencies and police are working together to sweep this one under the rug. I will never trust another cop or help him in any way, not because this happened, but because they gave one of their own a free pass to kill. What's even more scarey is that now all cops know they can kill us at will and the press will look the other way.
Bill

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 5, 2006
Lets all remember NO ONE is above the law ! There are, sad to say some officers that think they are, on a daily basis ! They should be weeded out,reinforcing our confidence in law enforcement....
Criminal Justice Student

Columbus, NC

#4 Oct 5, 2006
Can someone please give me an update on this story. I have been trying to locate.
Thank you
Marmora resident

AOL

#5 Oct 6, 2006
Criminal Justice Student wrote:
Can someone please give me an update on this story. I have been trying to locate.
Thank you
Try looking into any new jersey press releases. The one in the local Gazette published yesterday gives a great amount of detail not seen in other press releases
ANONYMOUS

Greenwood, SC

#6 Oct 10, 2006
Criminal Justice Student wrote:
Can someone please give me an update on this story. I have been trying to locate.
Thank you
A NJ State Trooper went through a stop sign at 70+ miles per hour and broad sided a van killing its two occupants, teenage sisters. The sisters van was pushed about 100 feet up the road. After he killed the sisters his car hit another van before coming to a stop at the edge of the woods. The father and son in the second van said all they saw was a blur, indicating how fast the trooper was going. No lights, no siren, no emergency: he was going to meet his buddies at Wendy's. The trooper was not hurt. He reported to a desk job the following morning with full pay. You or I would be in jail.
WHAT

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 Oct 10, 2006
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Seriously how uneducated and immature are you??? Are you telling me that if someone were to break into your house or hurt someone you love you would not call the police??? Are you really that naive?????? All cops can kill us???? Do you seriously listen to yourself???
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I agree Greg, he knew the sign was there. This is clearly manslaughter. It would appear the news agencies and police are working together to sweep this one under the rug. I will never trust another cop or help him in any way, not because this happened, but because they gave one of their own a free pass to kill. What's even more scarey is that now all cops know they can kill us at will and the press will look the other way.
Concerned Citizen

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Oct 11, 2006
WHAT wrote:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Seriously how uneducated and immature are you??? Are you telling me that if someone were to break into your house or hurt someone you love you would not call the police??? Are you really that naive?????? All cops can kill us???? Do you seriously listen to yourself???<quoted text>
Hi What..
Thanks for the personal attack. Yes, I am naive enough to believe that this cop killed two girls and will get a free pass. Are you naive enough to believe that it could never happen to you? The next time you donít have a stop sign you better stop anyway and make sure Higbee isn't on the way to Wendy's .
ANONYMOUS

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2006
Being at the scene and seeing the damage, it maybe a guess at his speed but I think a right one. I'm not saying he did this on purpose,but he must be held accountable. Our family is suffering with a lot of pain, sadness and heartache. The longer the police department takes to decide what to do with this person, the more we get angry. We expect the truth and will accept nothing less. We hope this person will step up and take responsiblity for his senseless actions.
L-train

AOL

#10 Oct 12, 2006
Concerned citizen...
I think everyone is aware what Higbee has done... but should that black list ALL cops? Yes, his actions were wrong and yea, everyone knows he needs to be put away. however, my husband is a cop and is completely discusted with the whole thing. he personally knew the girls. They grew up with our daughters. Do you really believe my husband wants to give higbee a licence to kill? just because hes a cop? Of course not! You are making a big mistake. You cannot blame all law enforcement for for what is happening
Concerned Citizen

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Oct 13, 2006
L-train wrote:
Concerned citizen...
I think everyone is aware what Higbee has done... but should that black list ALL cops? Yes, his actions were wrong and yea, everyone knows he needs to be put away. however, my husband is a cop and is completely discusted with the whole thing. he personally knew the girls. They grew up with our daughters. Do you really believe my husband wants to give higbee a licence to kill? just because hes a cop? Of course not! You are making a big mistake. You cannot blame all law enforcement for for what is happening
L-Train
It is your husbands duty to speak out against this bad apple. I'm not at all surprised that everyday people are holding your husband responsible. Let's not forget that blue protects blue, thus all blue is responsible. Let's also take into account how the blue treated the family on that tragic night. The sooner blue does the right thing, the sooner we can forgive.
Grandfather

Greenwood, SC

#12 Oct 26, 2006
L-train,
I agree,not all troopers should be cast or painted with the same brush we paint Higbee. But by the same token the troopers, your husband included, should now become united against Higbee and make certain that justice is served and not covered up.
Incidentally, since the tragic event, I have not seen one trooper come to my home, including Higbee, and apologize. Compassion, respect, is a two way street. I do not know who you are but apparently you know who we are, I would welcome your husband to my home.
L-train wrote:
Concerned citizen...
I think everyone is aware what Higbee has done... but should that black list ALL cops? Yes, his actions were wrong and yea, everyone knows he needs to be put away. however, my husband is a cop and is completely discusted with the whole thing. he personally knew the girls. They grew up with our daughters. Do you really believe my husband wants to give higbee a licence to kill? just because hes a cop? Of course not! You are making a big mistake. You cannot blame all law enforcement for for what is happening
Mick

AOL

#13 Oct 29, 2006
Grandfather - why exactly should anyone come to your home and apologize?
I see an awful lot of misinformation in these posts. This guy hasn't returned to work at all.
In looking at some of the locations, I have to believe that many are just making up facts as they go along.
Grandfather

Greenwood, SC

#14 Oct 30, 2006
Hello L-train,
Well the weekend has gone and still no "State Trooper" came to my home to apologize. This suggests to me that we should paint all troopers with the same brush. You said you knew my ganddaughters but did you really know them. If you did know them I guess you really didn't care. Inaction is equivalent to acceptance. Yes I am beginning to believe all troopers are the same. I would have hoped that you and your husband would have come to my home and convinced me otherwise.
L-train wrote:
Concerned citizen...
I think everyone is aware what Higbee has done... but should that black list ALL cops? Yes, his actions were wrong and yea, everyone knows he needs to be put away. however, my husband is a cop and is completely discusted with the whole thing. he personally knew the girls. They grew up with our daughters. Do you really believe my husband wants to give higbee a licence to kill? just because hes a cop? Of course not! You are making a big mistake. You cannot blame all law enforcement for for what is happening
Bob

Auburn Hills, MI

#15 Oct 30, 2006
Just to let you know, my location states washington dc and various others, but I live in Jersey. The state police officials disrespected the family by ignoring them!
Mick wrote:
Grandfather - why exactly should anyone come to your home and apologize?
I see an awful lot of misinformation in these posts. This guy hasn't returned to work at all.
In looking at some of the locations, I have to believe that many are just making up facts as they go along.
Grandfather

Greenwood, SC

#16 Oct 31, 2006
Since the State of NJ has admitted fault it is only common courtesy that an expression of apology be given. As far as the facts are concerned, I am only interested in the one fact that Higbee murdered two children and is now hiding behind the law.
I would like to suggest that you think about what you are saying, and put yourself in the mothers position. What would you do if this happened to you?
Mick wrote:
Grandfather - why exactly should anyone come to your home and apologize?
I see an awful lot of misinformation in these posts. This guy hasn't returned to work at all.
In looking at some of the locations, I have to believe that many are just making up facts as they go along.
Mick

AOL

#17 Oct 31, 2006
Let's get real. If there are attorneys involved, I'm sure they have told Higbee and the state police entity to make NO statements of any kind to anyone including the family of the girls. This is normal procedure.
Grandfather, you say that you're beginning to believe that all troopers are the same. That's a very stupid generalization. You don't know this Trooper let alone all the others.
I also tend to doubt that you are the grandfather of the two girls and it is disingenuous of you to claim such.
This is crazy

Elmont, NY

#19 Nov 29, 2006
Country Joe wrote:
The NJSP have been out of control for years - their parties are stuff of legend and lore - they think they are like the Marines - "semper fi" to one another, whether right or wrong. Look how the whole racial profiling thing was denied for years, and when finally someone broke the code of silence, hundreds of black citizens whose rights were abused were vindicated. Maybe it's time we just make them patrol the Turnpike and parkway, and keep them off our streets and town roads.
To Country Joe,

You have peaked my curiosity.

What do you mean by the State Trooper parties being of legend and of the Troopers being "Marines" to one another WHETHER RIGHT OR WRONG??????? I know there is a corrupt element within the NJ State Trooper organization, but I'm curious as to how widespread it is.

As another person wrote, these Troopers treat normal people like "they just robbed a bank". There is indeed something definitely WEIRD with these Troopers.

There definitely is a big difference between the attitude of Local Police and the Troopers. I think its because of this childish "Military/Marine" mentality these Troopers have.
American for Justice

Greenwood, SC

#21 Dec 21, 2006
I read your comments and I must say you personify "stupidity". Wake up and smell the roses. I simply do not expect a State Trooper to kill people and get away with murder.
WHAT wrote:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Seriously how uneducated and immature are you??? Are you telling me that if someone were to break into your house or hurt someone you love you would not call the police??? Are you really that naive?????? All cops can kill us???? Do you seriously listen to yourself???<quoted text>
Yugocif

Newtown Square, PA

#22 Dec 23, 2006
But he will get aay with murder, unfortunately. They are atrying to say it was the victims' fault - one was not supposed to be driving at night since she had a provisional drivers license. The other did not have a seatbelt on. It somehow is their fault that they placed their vehicle in front of the speeding bullet driven by the trooper. And he will keep his job, or he will go out on "mental" disability. Sad sad sad....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Leonard C. Desiderio as Mayor? (Jun '14) Aug 16 SIC_57 3
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Aug 15 Sammys steroids 222
beach chairs being stolen off beach. Aug 5 cab 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Josh 43
News Prospect of online lottery sales worries NJ shops (Jan '11) Jan '11 Mike 1
News Independent Republicans Watkins, Geene, Seek Wo... (Oct '10) Oct '10 MRG 1
News Ortiz, Perez Seek Woodbine Council Seats (Oct '10) Oct '10 MRG 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbine Mortgages