Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
82,401 - 82,420 of 130,467 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
what

Roanoke, VA

#85966 Aug 21, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>So...
You a preachers kid?
I know several, and I assure you, that they are great kids, and turn into great adults!
I on the other hand, wasn't a preachers kid, and WAS all those things... Seems more NON-preachers kids are hos, and druggies...
Go figure!
Funny, I can name two preachers kids who I went to school with, the son is a dope head and had a failed marriage, the girl was spreading it in school at the drop of a hat and has cheated on her husband numerous times.(while working in the church ironically enough) I believe they are now in Jellico. As for me, my father was in public service, on my first marriage to a beautiful wife and mother of 19 years and have outstanding children who have never stepped foot in a church. Humans are just that. Hiding behind a book while pretending to be ever so righteous is just hypocritical and not a trait I consider desirable. I'm sure your god would agree.
pgg13

Roanoke, VA

#85967 Aug 21, 2012
The bible has zombies, genocide, human sacrifice, incest, immaculate conceptions, ect ect. I wouldn't allow my children to watch a movie with all that in it, why would I allow them to read a book loaded with it and then tell them its the truth and the only way to save their souls. Lazy parenting and child abuse.
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#85968 Aug 21, 2012
I have a problem with folks coming to the door with the expensive suits and jewelery on to cram their religious morals and dogma down my throat. Long ago, I was taught to try "the spirits".
I recently lost a job as a charge nurse in psychiatric facility because of one of the laziest mental health workers, who would sit and text while these miscreants would over run the place.
Being as I was the only white and did my work, all documented on the camera, I was chosen, at first by thr gold wearing, self professed undertaker/ elder/preacher to test my religiosity.
Because whatever dumb thing that came out of the mouth of his did so with authority, he came and started to bother me, what religion, Do I believe in the bible, etc. So I asked him a few verses and tricked up this blowhard, who became inflamed and called me some sort of demon.
So here I think it would end. It seems to me that when one goes to a job it is to work, not sleep, or hide out, etc. So out of the sight of the cameras he sat. If he is so religious, he should sit right in the front of the camera, but all hid black friends seen to it that I was gone.
One other thing, Just why is it that every morning there is some big fay slob, color notwithstanding, black, screaming on the television, all about Jesus and all the things that come out are tainted, then the plate passing begins.
Yes, being a Preacher, and taking the job seriously, or even better yet, an elder. How many have seduced your son or daughter?
The good book told a story of the Pharisee, standing in the street shouting out the prayer,"He has his reward!" was said, but when you go to pray, go to your prayer closet and close the door, what you ask the Lord for in secret, He will reward you openly.
Karma and the certain hidden laws of nature make it a dangerous trade to practice, Preaching, and then the taking of money, or extorting, better said. Physician, heal thyself.
It never ceases to amaze me how loud the big fat black bitch can scream on that early morning TV.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85969 Aug 21, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly DO NOT condemn the entire Muslim religion because of what a few fanatics did! I am more mature and open minded than that!
I actually condemn anyone who kills doctors and employees at women's clinics and anyone who burns down a women's clinic. So I am as guilty as they are!!! How ridiculous!!! You are again categorizing everyone when only a few committed these acts.
According to the bible, all atheists have never done one good thing in their lives. So if you disagree, the bible is not one hundred percent true.

Psalm 14:1
English Standard Version (ESV)
The Fool Says, There Is No God

To the choirmaster. Of David.

14 The fool says in his heart,“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds,
there is none who does good.
pgg13

Roanoke, VA

#85970 Aug 21, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>According to the bible, all atheists have never done one good thing in their lives. So if you disagree, the bible is not one hundred percent true.
. There is no god. I volunteer at my local shelter and I councel rape victims. I have done more good deeds in my 36 years than I can count. As for my christian counterparts, I don't need to toot my horn or be promised any heaven to do what every human should do. Ridiculous!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85971 Aug 21, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>You bunch of silly people get on here with all these made up evil sounding names when half of you work at Burger king. You need to grow up for the first thing. Secondly your father the devil is a liar and the father of all lies..you swallowed it all.. hook,line and sinker. Thirdly, tonight your soul just might be required of you. Better be sure of this decision you have made to talk this garbage because it is forever, and forever is a long, long time. Fourthly you have NEVER preserved one second of your own life. It is by the Grace of God that you take your next breath. Ever see a terminally ill person who could preserve his life when his number is up? Fifthly, no, all life is not sacred to you. That also is a dirty lie. You are a hater of all God stands for and all who stand for God. I don't ever have to say which God because there is only one. You will be meeting Him one day and I hope He can find one more ounce of mercy for your soul. The preachers, teachers, and the Bible teaches us of the love of God, who taught you to love the evil one? You've been greatly deceived because there is no love in him. If you only knew how he is laughing at you and the joke he has pulled on you!
Your threats do not scare us. Would it scare you if someone told you Zeus is going to punish you? Surely not, so why would you think this superstitious talk would scare us? We do not believe in any afterlife, god or demon. So why would we be scared of something we do not believe in?
I am not scared of bigfoot, the Lock Ness monster, Leprechauns, angels, demons, Santa, Poseidon, Lucifer, Unicorns..........
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#85972 Aug 21, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>According to the bible, all atheists have never done one good thing in their lives. So if you disagree, the bible is not one hundred percent true.
Well said.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85973 Aug 21, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text> Liberty University wouldn't be a little biased would they? Religion has no place in the first amendment, or any others. Clearly they do not understand what the first amendment protects us from....religious freak shows
Liberty Institute - not University. They aren't much different tho - wrapping themselves in the flag for the purpose of promoting ignorance, loathing and hysteria.
(Imagine flunking a geology test because the professor can't count past 5,000.)
The Liberty Institute, the American Family Association and the Family Research Council have all thrown their full support behind Todd Akin.

"The political tactics of division and slander are not our values. They are corrupting influences on religion and politics, and those who practice them in the name of religion or in the name of the Republican Party or in the name of America shame our faith, our party and our country.
Neither party should be defined by pandering to the outer reaches of American politics and the agents of intolerance." - John McCain

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85974 Aug 21, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>You need to stop allowing these people to call every church goer a Christian! They are NOT all Christians. Christian means "Christlike". Followers of the way of Jesus. They were FIRST called Christians at Antiock.(New Testament Church) There were no "Christians" before Christ. I'm sure you know this but you need to rebuke these people who assume all Churches are full of Christians, good ones and bad ones. This cannot be so. Technically there are bad hypocrites who go to church. The Bible compares them to a beautiful ornate casket. Beautiful on the outside but full of corruption on the inside. There is no such thing as a bad "Christian.
Christian means one who follows Jesus. Now do any Christians follow Jesus perfectly? No, so you cannot say one who is being bad is not a Christian. If you are, then most believers of Jesus are not Christian.
I think anyone who believes Jesus is a god or the Christ is a Christian. Good and bad. How one acts is not relevant to their beliefs. And that is the point. Believers often do not do good. Belief does not equate to good. So why focus on non believers? Fix your own house.

I think you would be surprised to find how atheists actually behave. They are not so bad. In fact, I think most act better than the average Christian.

What is important here on earth is that we act good, not whether we believe in something that has no evidence or not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85975 Aug 21, 2012
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
I have a problem with folks coming to the door with the expensive suits and jewelery on to cram their religious morals and dogma down my throat. Long ago, I was taught to try "the spirits".
I recently lost a job as a charge nurse in psychiatric facility because of one of the laziest mental health workers, who would sit and text while these miscreants would over run the place.
Being as I was the only white and did my work, all documented on the camera, I was chosen, at first by thr gold wearing, self professed undertaker/ elder/preacher to test my religiosity.
Because whatever dumb thing that came out of the mouth of his did so with authority, he came and started to bother me, what religion, Do I believe in the bible, etc. So I asked him a few verses and tricked up this blowhard, who became inflamed and called me some sort of demon.
So here I think it would end. It seems to me that when one goes to a job it is to work, not sleep, or hide out, etc. So out of the sight of the cameras he sat. If he is so religious, he should sit right in the front of the camera, but all hid black friends seen to it that I was gone.
One other thing, Just why is it that every morning there is some big fay slob, color notwithstanding, black, screaming on the television, all about Jesus and all the things that come out are tainted, then the plate passing begins.
Yes, being a Preacher, and taking the job seriously, or even better yet, an elder. How many have seduced your son or daughter?
The good book told a story of the Pharisee, standing in the street shouting out the prayer,"He has his reward!" was said, but when you go to pray, go to your prayer closet and close the door, what you ask the Lord for in secret, He will reward you openly.
Karma and the certain hidden laws of nature make it a dangerous trade to practice, Preaching, and then the taking of money, or extorting, better said. Physician, heal thyself.
It never ceases to amaze me how loud the big fat black bitch can scream on that early morning TV.
What is up with all the racism? I am sure white people are guilty of the same sort of things.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85976 Aug 21, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>So...
You a preachers kid?
I know several, and I assure you, that they are great kids, and turn into great adults!
I on the other hand, wasn't a preachers kid, and WAS all those things... Seems more NON-preachers kids are hos, and druggies...
Go figure!
There are so many more, non preacher kids around, how can you accurately judge? Clearly you have a bias perspective and thus your perception is warped.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85978 Aug 21, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all based on our forefathers who FOUNDED this country. If you don't like it, move to Iran or Syria. You might be happier there.
I do not think our founders would approve of such a pledge. I am sure Iran and Syria would approve of such a pledge. What you are fighting for is more in line with the values of Iran and Syria.
liberty

Roanoke, VA

#85979 Aug 21, 2012
All that article says is "blah blah our attendance rates are dropping blah blah need more money now blah blah". Greedy bastards.
Gods Warrior

Bronx, NY

#85980 Aug 21, 2012
We are talking about teaching religion in our schools. Question for you how can you teach all the different religions in our schools when there are so many different religions. It would took up the whole day to teach them all. The kids go to learn parents can take kids to their church 7days a week if they want to. Parents needs to teach kids how to respect others. There is only one God but lots of different religions who goes by different bibles. They also believe in just one God but schools can not teach all the different religions. Keep it out of schools Parents do your job teach them your religion and how to respect and behave. I believe in God bless all of you.. Gods Warrior

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85981 Aug 21, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>You bunch of silly people get on here with all these made up evil sounding names when half of you work at Burger king. You need to grow up for the first thing. Secondly your father the devil is a liar and the father of all lies..you swallowed it all.. hook,line and sinker. Thirdly, tonight your soul just might be required of you. Better be sure of this decision you have made to talk this garbage because it is forever, and forever is a long, long time. Fourthly you have NEVER preserved one second of your own life. It is by the Grace of God that you take your next breath. Ever see a terminally ill person who could preserve his life when his number is up? Fifthly, no, all life is not sacred to you. That also is a dirty lie. You are a hater of all God stands for and all who stand for God. I don't ever have to say which God because there is only one. You will be meeting Him one day and I hope He can find one more ounce of mercy for your soul. The preachers, teachers, and the Bible teaches us of the love of God, who taught you to love the evil one? You've been greatly deceived because there is no love in him. If you only knew how he is laughing at you and the joke he has pulled on you!
There are over 7 billion people living on Earth. The Earth "weighs" 6.6 sextillion (20 zeros)tons. Sol is a small sun, yet it contains 99.8% of the mass of the solar system. There are roughly 300 billion other stars in our galaxy, and there are roughly 90 billion other galaxies in the observable universe, which is estimated to be over 14 billion years old. The farthest detectable object is over 13 billion light years away.
You believe that Satan has rigged this as a joke on humanity to drag his quota of souls into a lake of fire? Oh, Oookaay...
If there is a Creator of this incomprehensible unimaginable unfathomable vastness, you think that "He" is defined by a handful of Jewish stories and that I should meet with Him one day.
Oh, Oookaay....?

But, hey no problem - It's just silly me rolling my eyes. yeeesh...!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#85982 Aug 21, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand for some people "in god we trust" is their belief and will.
"sigh" So everyone should have to accept it?

“There is no god.”

USA

#85983 Aug 21, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over 7 billion people living on Earth. The Earth "weighs" 6.6 sextillion (20 zeros)tons. Sol is a small sun, yet it contains 99.8% of the mass of the solar system. There are roughly 300 billion other stars in our galaxy, and there are roughly 90 billion other galaxies in the observable universe, which is estimated to be over 14 billion years old. The farthest detectable object is over 13 billion light years away.
You believe that Satan has rigged this as a joke on humanity to drag his quota of souls into a lake of fire? Oh, Oookaay...
If there is a Creator of this incomprehensible unimaginable unfathomable vastness, you think that "He" is defined by a handful of Jewish stories and that I should meet with Him one day.
Oh, Oookaay....?
Be careful, I bet "eye rolling" is a burnable offence.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85984 Aug 21, 2012
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
Lol, I have had discussions with you on another thread, you hate americans, remember? Do poles forget what they post that easily?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#85985 Aug 21, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Oookaay....?
***applause, applause, applause***
Priceless!

“There is no god.”

USA

#85986 Aug 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"not as bad as christianity but still nuts."
Say Whut!... Desecrating the Quran there is a Capital Offense...
I know hell and beheading, truth will get you killed every time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Limbertwig 151,110
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 36 min Kane 1,254
$$$i will pay you $$cash $$for old unwanted barns 1 hr scott sizemore 1
gary wyrick 3 hr friend 1
do you know charles nantz jr (Aug '11) 5 hr bard 4
I hate my ex husbands girlfriend 8 hr stephanie 36
dollar general 9 hr truth 10
•••
•••
•••

Woodbine Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000