Whats Next

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Sky Rocket gas increases after the election. Coincidence or political manipulation of the markets?
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Whats Next wrote:
Sky Rocket gas increases after the election. Coincidence or political manipulation of the markets?
Sorry conspiracy theorist. This is well explained in the media. The only manipulation is the oil companies refineries strategic shutdowns.

What's not explained is Green Cedar/Mom&Pop's FILO system (First In Last Out) with price increases or their gouging of mid grade & premium fuel.
flip flop

Herndon, PA

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Can you not see that the plan is to push energy costs so high that green energy will become cost effective? Get used to it.
Whats Next

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry conspiracy theorist. This is well explained in the media. The only manipulation is the oil companies refineries strategic shutdowns.
What's not explained is Green Cedar/Mom&Pop's FILO system (First In Last Out) with price increases or their gouging of mid grade & premium fuel.
Naive or Stupid? If the media says so it must be true.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#5 Feb 19, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
On the day of a wholesale price change for a load of canned tomatoes, does the grocery store increase the price on ONLY the cans that arrive after that date or do they increase them all at the same time?

Have you ever found the very same product on the shelf for different prices based upon date of arrival at the loading dock and the wholesale cost that day?

Cogitate for a while on why the store (or the gas station) could not survive if it did business that way then get back to us when you've figured it out.
Taxed enough already

Atlanta, GA

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Please tell me how we have a shortage of fuel when we export millions of gallons a day? Do you think politics have anything to do with it? If we had drilling in national parks we would just export more and you would still pay ?3.50 a gallon. Market manipulation goes way beyond anything a petty politician can do. Oh yeah. You dummies still think the president is the most powerful man in the nation. Ask your local banker or the Jew on Wall Street about that.
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#7 Feb 19, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
On the day of a wholesale price change for a load of canned tomatoes, does the grocery store increase the price on ONLY the cans that arrive after that date or do they increase them all at the same time?
Have you ever found the very same product on the shelf for different prices based upon date of arrival at the loading dock and the wholesale cost that day?
Cogitate for a while on why the store (or the gas station) could not survive if it did business that way then get back to us when you've figured it out.
You misunderstood my post. The offending merchant is first to raise prices and last to lower them.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Feb 19, 2013
Never underestimate the power of Government. Read a bit about Teddy Roosevelt and monopolys. While at it read about the Nazi Government and removing all them wealthy banker"Jews".
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Whats Next wrote:
<quoted text>
Naive or Stupid? If the media says so it must be true.
As Ricky often said to Lucy, "Let me 'splain it to you:" Break out (or Google) your Economics 101 and look up supply vs demand. OPEC controls supply. When demand > supply, prices go up. OPEC tries to maintain "healthy" prices and does a pretty good job. They can't control demand esp the monstrous economy of China (see also the price of plywood & portland cement). While you are at it, look up "guns vs butter." Factor in the recently harsh New England weather where the majority of homes are heated by oil. So do our refineries make more gasoline or more heating oil? When do they shutdown to shift over to summer formula?

Every time this happens, the conspiracy weenies come out and are promptly debunked. While you are googling, look up McCarthy where there was a commie under every rock.

“It's comong.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 19, 2013
Obama must be in bed with the GasMan. Cost of living uses gas as a factor. If he lets the GasMan stick it to us now and then bring prices down, it has no effect on COLA but gives the GasMan a fat profit for the year.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood my post. The offending merchant is first to raise prices and last to lower them.
Does your car refuse to go to competing stations?
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#12 Feb 19, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your car refuse to go to competing stations?
Not at all, but Wyman has a near monopoly in St Marys. For regular gas, it is a question of is it worth driving x miles. For premium, not a question. Like most of us, I time my fillups with other errands.
Real Simple

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Feb 21, 2013
The burning of Kuwaits oil fields, Katrina smashing the Gulf, BP's oil spill and the post Obama election. Which one had the greatest gas price increase? Suffer bitches, green energy looks cheaper by the day.

“It's comong.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Senora de la Iglesia wrote:
Obama must be in bed with the GasMan. Cost of living uses gas as a factor. If he lets the GasMan stick it to us now and then bring prices down, it has no effect on COLA but gives the GasMan a fat profit for the year.
I was told that I was incorrect on COLA increase calculations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jaynius' neighbor arrested 1 hr Jorge 1
North Dakota Pipeline must be diverted! 3 hr send in the clownz 20
breaking news: climate scare is over! 10 hr LonePalm 1
Commissioners to hear variance on Cumberland Is... 11 hr FairTaxes4All 19
City of St.M needs to get out of the real estat... 11 hr Smitty 17
Thinking about buying a My Pillow? 12 hr My Fist 10
Perry's LTE 13 hr Nan-zilla 2

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance