Altamaha Technical College is coming ...

Altamaha Technical College is coming to Camden

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Impawn

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Apr 1, 2013
Beginning July 1 will include funding for the satelite campus in Camden County. Currently, Atamaha Technical College is holding classes at the College of Coastal Georgia in Kingsland, and these additional funds in the budget will allow ATC to utilize more space at this satelite campus.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Apr 1, 2013
No thanks to the Spencer clan.
DarnSkippy

Kingsland, GA

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
No thanks to the Spencer clan.
None at all. Any claim otherwise is and out and out lie. We would have gotten the whole thing if he wasn't still our rep.
Thank You

United States

#4 Apr 1, 2013
To the Spencer clan. A job well done.
Trip

Woodbine, GA

#5 Apr 1, 2013
I'll vote for Spencer. Again.....
Common Sense

United States

#6 Apr 1, 2013
Spencers did not do shiz. A waste of a state rep.
Bent Rod

Herndon, PA

#7 Apr 1, 2013
Jason did do something he sponsored a bill that turned redfish into a game fish. That's a slap on the face to every commercial and recreational fisherman. He could not catch a cold in a ditch. He listened to those eco leftists of the CCA and the wanna be charter capt Andy Gowen. Thanks for more govt restrictions you high pitched homo.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#8 Apr 1, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
Spencers did not do shiz. A waste of a state rep.
The State Senate is where the power really exists. That would be Mr. Ligon.
Table

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Apr 2, 2013
We got this in spite of Spencer not because of Spencer. We would have gotten a better deal had he been a team player. Yes there is a pun in there.

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Oh, ye fools.

According to today's T&G, Spencer probably does deserve full credit for this debacle.

LISTEN UP!

We are NOT, I say again, NOT getting a new technical school on the Harriets Bluff road parcel that Bil Gross donated to the JDA which then donated it to the state.

Oh,HELL NO!

What we ARE doing is LOSING the CCGA Camden satellite campus ENTIRELY.

Just one last parting shot in college president Hepburn's strategic plan to abandon non-traditional students in favor of the kiddies living and PLAYING on campus in Brunswick. Well, at least it is great news for Camden gas station and car repair businesses.

There is no time line in the article (I'll find out tomorrow)but the entire satellite campus, donated by Celso Gonzales and his nee-Gilman wife,
will now be the campus of Altamaha Tech in lieu of the property Gross / JDA donated to state. State plans (so far) to KEEEP that extremely valuable piece of property. AS yet, they have no clue what the hell for.

Jason, there is not enough lipstick on Earth to pretty up that pig!

St. Marys, GA

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Is that mushroom growing facility still in business at the industrial park?

As much experience as we have in being fed shit and kept in the dark ourselves, we can boast a workforce well qualified to grow mushrooms - with great empathy for them.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Apr 3, 2013
As long as dead end Spencer is in office we are out of luck. What would make sense, except for the Spencer clog, would be to have a technical school on the Camden College campus. Education is also skill and is a lasting education and trade. That would make sense, but the government doesn't. As don't the Spencer klan.
Please

United States

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Altamaha Technical College would never get the green light to expand in a dying county.

As crooked as them boys are up around Atlanta they can read the numbers. Zero County Growth equals zero political pull.

If it wasn't for Kings Bay this county would be showing an unemployment rate second to none.

A one million fix up gift, big deal. E-splost pours more into faculty furniture.

St. Marys, GA

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Yes, as a matter of fact, Mr. Falla-Gonzales has a huge tract adjacent to and abutting the Kingsland CCGA campus that he has not yet built upon.

Maybe the state would offer him a fair price or offer to swap for some or all of the donated land they now own on Harriets Bluff Rd.

But that will not likely happen while they are all pissed off at Spencer in the capitol building.

Mea culpa, mea culpa. Cecily was doing little if any good but at least she was doing no harm by commission, only omission.

Who is up to bat next against Spencerism?
Table

Saint Marys, GA

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Oh, ye fools.
According to today's T&G, Spencer probably does deserve full credit for this debacle.
LISTEN UP!
We are NOT, I say again, NOT getting a new technical school on the Harriets Bluff road parcel that Bil Gross donated to the JDA which then donated it to the state.
Oh,HELL NO!
What we ARE doing is LOSING the CCGA Camden satellite campus ENTIRELY.
Just one last parting shot in college president Hepburn's strategic plan to abandon non-traditional students in favor of the kiddies living and PLAYING on campus in Brunswick. Well, at least it is great news for Camden gas station and car repair businesses.
There is no time line in the article (I'll find out tomorrow)but the entire satellite campus, donated by Celso Gonzales and his nee-Gilman wife,
will now be the campus of Altamaha Tech in lieu of the property Gross / JDA donated to state. State plans (so far) to KEEEP that extremely valuable piece of property. AS yet, they have no clue what the hell for.
Jason, there is not enough lipstick on Earth to pretty up that pig!
There have been rumors for a while that the Camden campus would close down. It is great that they are at least going to use the building for ATC. BTW, Bill Gross did not donate the land Mister Knowitall, some of his family members donated the land.
Please

United States

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Yes, as a matter of fact, Mr. Falla-Gonzales has a huge tract adjacent to and abutting the Kingsland CCGA campus that he has not yet built upon.
Maybe the state would offer him a fair price or offer to swap for some or all of the donated land they now own on Harriets Bluff Rd.
But that will not likely happen while they are all pissed off at Spencer in the capitol building.
Mea culpa, mea culpa. Cecily was doing little if any good but at least she was doing no harm by commission, only omission.
Who is up to bat next against Spencerism?
You still don't get it. This dying county could send Jesus to the Capitol and return with the same results. You need someone to blame, blame Keating and the JDA. Years of negative growth.
Unit 1

Woodbine, GA

#17 Apr 3, 2013
But we got a homebrewing law passed. Great job Jason NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Common Sense

United States

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Jason has done nothing but hurt Camden County. Now he has caused us to lose the college. Don't forget he is also trying to put the wood to the seniors at the senior center. Screw the old folks, college kids, and the fishermen. Way to go douche bag.

St. Marys, GA

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Table wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been rumors for a while that the Camden campus would close down. It is great that they are at least going to use the building for ATC. BTW, Bill Gross did not donate the land Mister Knowitall, some of his family members donated the land.
I see. I did not realize that Bill was not a part of the local Gross family and had not one thin dime of ownership in the donated property and no influence whatsoever upon the family decision to make the donation in spite of his being the major wealth generator for the family with a well known history of local philanthropy.

Thank you for setting me straight.
Toe Jam

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Apr 4, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. I did not realize that Bill was not a part of the local Gross family and had not one thin dime of ownership in the donated property and no influence whatsoever upon the family decision to make the donation in spite of his being the major wealth generator for the family with a well known history of local philanthropy.
Thank you for setting me straight.
Jay Moreno someone has been blowing smoke. Uncle Edmond tagged him the chosen one. Do not buy into that lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hubert Roland LETTER from Justice Department 12 min Ostrich 57
St. Marys A I R P O R T Once and for all time 16 min Kamikaze 3
Moreno on Facebook (Apr '13) 1 hr Annonymouse 32
Moreno, THIS is how you can could be elected... 3 hr Moreno Jay 10
A Black savage identification course for Liberals (Jul '14) 4 hr Moreno Jay 228
Is Camden County Commentary dead? 7 hr Jorge 16
Dick Morris: Private Aide Ran Hillary's Email S... 20 hr LonePalm 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbine Mortgages