ST. MARYS SPENDING SPREE CONTINUES…...so Vote NO on SPLOST

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

Conversation

Kingsland, GA

#1 Feb 21, 2013
St. Marys Leadership continues its "Spending Spree" - They are continuing to spend for studies, matching grants………………They are spending 1/4 million on the Orange Hall Money Trap……..They are spending tens of thousands on the Gilman Boathouse property………. they want to purchase a new doodlebug……….they have spent 1/2 million on studies for the airport move and now have decided to move it somewhere different…………….they have promised water and sewer to Gaines Davis for over 10 years and no homes have been connected yet…………they spend thousands monthly on attorney fees……………. they make poor choices and have multiple lawsuits going on currently…………..

Bottom line! They have a spending problem!!!!!!!!!!

I say WHY GIVE MONEY WASTERS……MORE MONEY?

VOTE NO ON SPLOST!
Taxman

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Feb 21, 2013
None of the items above are included in SPLOST projects, Jeremy. Why, exactly, are you pushing to have citizens pay twice the rate of their present water/sewer bills and millage rate. I thought that you were the great defender of "we the people."
What did he say

Kingsland, GA

#3 Feb 21, 2013
Taxman wrote:
None of the items above are included in SPLOST projects, Jeremy. Why, exactly, are you pushing to have citizens pay twice the rate of their present water/sewer bills and millage rate. I thought that you were the great defender of "we the people."
Jay, WTF is this Jeremy? Do a little deeper research on splost expenditures you are coming off like an idiot.
SplashVII

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Feb 21, 2013
A no vote on SLOST VII will doom the home & property owners of Camden County to a massive millage rate increase REGARDLESS of where you live wheter it's Tarboro, Browntown, Sanctuary Cove, St. Marys or any place in between. Second, a no vote will doom utility expansion to support economic development and any hope of future jobs in Camden County.

A no vote is mean-spirited, short-sighted, small-minded and absolutely the wrong thing to do to one's family.

Vote Yes for SPLOST VII to move this county forward.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#5 Feb 21, 2013
SplashVII wrote:
A no vote on SLOST VII will doom the home & property owners of Camden County to a massive millage rate increase REGARDLESS of where you live wheter it's Tarboro, Browntown, Sanctuary Cove, St. Marys or any place in between. Second, a no vote will doom utility expansion to support economic development and any hope of future jobs in Camden County.
A no vote is mean-spirited, short-sighted, small-minded and absolutely the wrong thing to do to one's family.
"A no vote will doom utility expansion to support economic development..." WTF!!! Are you kidding. Excessivve "utilitiy expansion" is why we are in fiscal trouble now. Large land owners and land speculators have duped local elected boobs into running water and sewer lines to every parcel of scrub pine in the lower end of the county.

Excessive "utility expansion" only improves the value of property of special interest. The homeowning property tax payer is paying for this. Let the developers pay their way if they think we need more empty houses. Stupid crooked bastards.
Simply Put

Kingsland, GA

#6 Feb 21, 2013
What don't you people understand? The city government screwed you not your neighbor. You continue to elect the same clones that plan and spend on speculation. This debt was not caused by us the tax payer but by the greed of our elected officials. Further enabling these fools is the wrong move.

Part Solution- close the library, water park, orange hall just for starters. Remove the tourist/business downtown departments or down size to one part time worker. Further downsize government another 25%. Charge the tourist a substantial parking fee.(45k go to Cumberland) this list can go on and on.
Taxman

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Feb 21, 2013
Simply Put wrote:
What don't you people understand? The city government screwed you not your neighbor. You continue to elect the same clones that plan and spend on speculation. This debt was not caused by us the tax payer but by the greed of our elected officials. Further enabling these fools is the wrong move.
Part Solution- close the library, water park, orange hall just for starters. Remove the tourist/business downtown departments or down size to one part time worker. Further downsize government another 25%. Charge the tourist a substantial parking fee.(45k go to Cumberland) this list can go on and on.
So your suggestion is to destroy our quality of life by gutting services to children, the elderly, families, losing a historic structure on the main street, dissuading visitors to town and Cumberland and burdening the taxpayers with higher fees? And all so that you can shake your little fist at city council? GROW UP!
What did he say

Kingsland, GA

#8 Feb 21, 2013
St. Marys City Council is an Irresponsible Steward of Your Tax Dollars.

Do not fear Taxman their is a public library right up the road. The community got and will get along fine with the City pool, reopen the historic icon after the Mayors promised boom hits St. Marys. Charging tourist to park? Has that ever been tried before?

We the real taxpayers are tired of being blamed and screwed by our elected officials. The slush fund ends.
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Feb 21, 2013
SplashVII wrote:
hell no its not going to pass no more money for the realty cartel! like i said before you can shut it all dam down!
Taxman

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Feb 21, 2013
What did he say wrote:
St. Marys City Council is an Irresponsible Steward of Your Tax Dollars.
Do not fear Taxman their is a public library right up the road. The community got and will get along fine with the City pool, reopen the historic icon after the Mayors promised boom hits St. Marys. Charging tourist to park? Has that ever been tried before?
We the real taxpayers are tired of being blamed and screwed by our elected officials. The slush fund ends.
So is your campaign slogan going to be "Screw the people! I'm making a Tea Party point here!" Why not just admit that you're still stewing about your last defeat and campaigning for your next attempt on the back of SPLOST and the taxpayers?
I Hate Splost

Kingsland, GA

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Taxman wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your campaign slogan going to be "Screw the people! I'm making a Tea Party point here!" Why not just admit that you're still stewing about your last defeat and campaigning for your next attempt on the back of SPLOST and the taxpayers?
Are you referring about T-Splost. That went pretty well. The slush fund ends.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#12 Feb 21, 2013
Perhaps this kind of irresponsible, anarchistic, loud-mouthed machismo gets Tea Party women hot.
What did he say

Kingsland, GA

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Perhaps this kind of irresponsible, anarchistic, loud-mouthed machismo gets Tea Party women hot.
It's so easy to spot the remoras indiviuals of our society. Latching onto a helping hand is the name of their game.
Positive

Herndon, PA

#14 Feb 23, 2013
Please don't be taken in by the Tea Party/Libertarian crapola. They could care less about St. Marys or this county. They moved here with the intention of being disruptive. They skoff at the historic symbol of our community Orange Hall. They are content with destroying our community with hate and disruption. They care not for your community. Don't be taken in by swaggering speeches and revisionary rhetoric. These people are cancers to this community. You can be conservative without being destructive. I've heard these people get up in public forums and make complete fools of themselves with their lack of facts and understanding of events. They play to a crowd who knows even less. If these people had their way we would all be driving horse driven wagons. Some people are already seeing through their hateful and destructive agenda. Don't be one of the ones who regrets being taken in.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Positive wrote:
Please don't be taken in by the Tea Party/Libertarian crapola. They could care less about St. Marys or this county. They moved here with the intention of being disruptive. They skoff at the historic symbol of our community Orange Hall. They are content with destroying our community with hate and disruption. They care not for your community. Don't be taken in by swaggering speeches and revisionary rhetoric. These people are cancers to this community. You can be conservative without being destructive. I've heard these people get up in public forums and make complete fools of themselves with their lack of facts and understanding of events. They play to a crowd who knows even less. If these people had their way we would all be driving horse driven wagons. Some people are already seeing through their hateful and destructive agenda. Don't be one of the ones who regrets being taken in.
If I vote Yes for Splost 7 will the City Council take the water/sewer debt money and paint Orange Hall a different color?
Little E

Herndon, PA

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Positive wrote:
Very well said. These Tea Party Libertarian individuals remind me of that last loose piece of fecal matter that swirls around in the toilet bowl. If you keep following it around enough you will end up going down the drain with it.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#17 Feb 24, 2013
Little E wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said. These Tea Party Libertarian individuals remind me of that last loose piece of fecal matter that swirls around in the toilet bowl. If you keep following it around enough you will end up going down the drain with it.
Thank you for you constructive comments. Now once again why should we continue supplying a select few a slush fund from hard working tax payers?
lazyoyb1

Woodbine, GA

#18 Feb 24, 2013
When yu have the opportunity to vote against a tax, pleas use good judgement and do so. If you think you're not paying enough taxes now, just look at the itemize charges on your phone,electric, Internet and any other bill you have. If you still feel your not paying enough, simply send a check to any city or county that you feel like.Think about how much each splost pennies cost you over the year. If you give politcians enough money, they can invest in more boat houses, parks,abandoned property, maybe even the stock. There are very few politicians that I would want investing for me. If you give them money, they will spend it. Don't give it to them. vote NO splost. I only worry about what I have to pay. It seems simple minded to vote to pay more, so someone else will have to pay.
Charlie

Saint Marys, GA

#19 Feb 24, 2013
lazyoyb1 wrote:
When yu have the opportunity to vote against a tax, pleas use good judgement and do so. If you think you're not paying enough taxes now, just look at the itemize charges on your phone,electric, Internet and any other bill you have. If you still feel your not paying enough, simply send a check to any city or county that you feel like.Think about how much each splost pennies cost you over the year. If you give politcians enough money, they can invest in more boat houses, parks,abandoned property, maybe even the stock. There are very few politicians that I would want investing for me. If you give them money, they will spend it. Don't give it to them. vote NO splost. I only worry about what I have to pay. It seems simple minded to vote to pay more, so someone else will have to pay.
"Think about how much each splost pennies cost you over the year." Then take that amount and multiply it times ? and you'll get a rough idea of what you'll be paying in water/sewer and millage rates if you vote SPLOST VII down. If you like cut-backs in service, roads full of potholes and declining property values then go ahead and listen to fools like the one above.
Sam

Herndon, PA

#20 Feb 24, 2013
I'll vote for SPLOST. 100% of the money stays in our community. That means jobs and amenities for our citizens. Vote Yes on SPLOST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Troops Do not want to go to Ebola Africa 24 min Odds 11
St. Marys meatier matters. 51 min Jay Moreno 20
So this is who you want on the council? 1 hr Senora de la Iglesia 8
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr Synergy 55,576
taxes going up in camden $1 for every $1000 10 hr Truth 31
Rate Of Volcanic Eruptions Increasing; Could Le... 12 hr LonePalm 2
"French" it ain't. 12 hr Bob 17
•••
•••
Woodbine Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Woodbine Jobs

•••
•••