Coulter: "We know how to stop school ...
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

#21 Dec 26, 2012
On average, there $1.2 million LEGAL abortions performed from 2000 to 2011.(CDC)

On average, there are about 3,000 people killed by guns.(FBI available crime data)

Those are the facts. No, this is not trivializing the shooting of children. As the world grows increasingly hostile toward others freedoms, the individual may feel their daily survival abandoning their own moral nature and teaching; including self-restraint and forethought.

Do not by myopic, it is the makings of a despot thinker.
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

#22 Dec 26, 2012
1.2 million deaths not $1.2
George

United States

#23 Dec 26, 2012
Dr_Lecter wrote:
<quoted text>
Prohibited Persons
The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits certain people from possessing a firearm. The possession of any firearm by one of these "prohibited persons" is a felony offense. It is also a felony for any person, including a registered Federal Firearms Licensee to sell or otherwise transfer any firearm to a person knowing or having "reasonable cause" to believe that the person receiving the firearm is prohibited from firearm possession. There are nine categories of persons prohibited from possessing firearms under the Gun Control Act:
Persons under indictment for, or convicted of, any crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding on year;
Fugitives from justice;
Persons who are unlawful users of, or addicted to, any controlled substance;
Persons who have been declared by a court as mental defectives or have been committed to a mental institution;
Illegal aliens, or aliens who were admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
Persons who have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces;
Persons who have renounced their United States citizenship;
Persons subject to certain types of restraining orders; and
Persons who have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
I agree with these provisions, but have to have noticed that the vast majority of gun violense is by the people who can't legally purchase or possess a firearm. That is the FACTS. What will more strict gun owner laws and bans accomplish except for creating more unprotected victims and make alot of otherwise law abiding and good citizens into Criminals. And if you want to fully educate your self on Moreno Jays Racsist remarks of SAVAGES, Google "race and crime in the US". Do your homework and not spout off a few names that you heard on the News. LEOs for the most part do not protect the people, they clean up the mess after the event has happened. If they did protect the people I dont think we would be having this discussion. LEOs support Gun control because as long as society is fearful of their community and can't protect themselves the more prolific the Goverment and Law Enforcement will be.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#24 Dec 26, 2012
Dr_Lecter wrote:
@Red - I just ask the question as to why someone feel the NEED to have one? I know it's a right, but why else. It's also your right to vote, but do you vote in every election?(Most don't)
@LonePalm - I don't understand your comment. "The only reason for a LEO is on the business end of a 'home defense' weapon is for the LEO to be doing something he shouldn't."
Are you saying that when an officer/fireman respond to a call and are fired at, that they are doing something wrong? And I do understand 'infringed', I struggle with it everyday, I am just worried that WE (including you) aren't doing enough to ensure these tools aren't continuing to be misused.
Okay, now we are getting down to it. Come on, tell us how you struggle with infringement every day. How are conservatives infringing upon your rights? Your rights to what?
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

#25 Dec 26, 2012
ext of the 2nd Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The word infringed means to actively break terms of an agreement or law. It means act as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.

The second Amendment is very clear on its intent.
In Cases v. United States, 131 F. 2d 916, 922 (1st Cir. 1942), under the Second Amendment, the federal government can limit the keeping and bearing of arms by a single individual as well as by a group of individuals, but it cannot prohibit the possession or use of any weapon which has any reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well–regulated militia.

In other words, the federal government cannot stop someone from owning a gun period. The amendment is well understood that the right to bear arms was placed in the constitution to defend against a tyrannical government as seen over many centuries.

If the word infringe is what you struggle with, then it appears that you are willing to compromise the entire Bill of Rights.
Anon

United States

#26 Dec 26, 2012
All those poor little kids that got killed got killed by the mentality that the government needs to provide and protect or every need.
Redneck

United States

#27 Dec 26, 2012
Lecter, you asked "@Red - I just ask the question as to why someone feel the NEED to have one? I know it's a right, but why else. It's also your right to vote, but do you vote in every election?(Most don't)"

Go back and reread my post #7. That is your answer re weapons. As to voting, yes, I have voted in every federal election since 1962!

What about you?
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

#28 Dec 26, 2012
Anon wrote:
All those poor little kids that got killed got killed by the mentality that the government needs to provide and protect or every need.
Can you support this emotional argument with FACTS?

I thought those children got killed because of irresponsible parenting?
Anon

United States

#29 Dec 26, 2012
THE FACTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is being proved right now.
Anon

United States

#30 Dec 26, 2012
THE FACTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you see some research done done showing a causal relationship between the parents and children your question cannot be answered.

A causal relationship is when one variable causes a change in another variable. These types of relationships are investigated by experimental research in order to determine if changes in one variable actually result in changes in another variable.
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

#31 Dec 26, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Until you see some research done done showing a causal relationship between the parents and children your question cannot be answered.
A causal relationship is when one variable causes a change in another variable. These types of relationships are investigated by experimental research in order to determine if changes in one variable actually result in changes in another variable.
Again, you fail to back up your argument with facts. Instead you are playing verbal gymnastics, which is what most liberals are good at...they are not good at presenting the facts to back up their argument.
Anon

United States

#32 Dec 26, 2012
THE FACTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you fail to back up your argument with facts. Instead you are playing verbal gymnastics, which is what most liberals are good at...they are not good at presenting the facts to back up their argument.
Then show facts that I am wrong in my opinion.
Anon

United States

#33 Dec 26, 2012
Oh, btw, you are the mentality that the government needs to provide and protect or every need.
Anon

United States

#34 Dec 26, 2012
Valdosta,... are you The Sea Hag?

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#35 Dec 26, 2012
Anon wrote:
Oh, btw, you are the mentality that the government needs to provide and protect or every need.
The word "our" has a "u" between the "o" and the "r."

The word "own" has a "w" between the "o" and the "n."
Anon

United States

#36 Dec 26, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>

The word "own" has a "w" between the "o" and the "n."
I'm sorry?
The OC

Herndon, PA

#37 Dec 26, 2012
Anon wrote:
Valdosta,... are you The Sea Hag?
Me thinks he is one of the Spencer twins. His rhetoric is standard fare of the tea party crowd. Lies and distortions.
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

#38 Dec 26, 2012
Sea Hag??? Spencer Twin???

Again, avoiding the question.
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

#39 Dec 26, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Then show facts that I am wrong in my opinion.
The decision to act violently might be a quick one but the violent behavior is usually not irrational or uncontrollable. The family background, in particular poverty, single-parent homes (broken homes), couples at the lower end of socio economic status spectrum having the highest divorce rates have been implicated to support antisocial behavior in their children by inadvertently reinforcing such behaviors.(Patterson GR. Coercive family practices. Engene, OR: Costalia Press; 1982.)

Flynn concludes in his review that:‘a stable secure and mutually supportive family is exceedingly important in delinquency prevention!(Flynn EE. Crime as a major social issue. Am Behav Sci. 1983;27:7–42.)
Loeber and Stalthamer[ as well as Pepler and Slaby have observed that lack of parental supervision as a strong predictor of serious, violent delinquency.
Farrington reports a lack of parent-child involvement and parental rejection as strong predictors of serious delinquency. Emotional abuse and neglect may play an even more critical role in the development of delinquency than does physical punishment. Emotional abuse includes such behaviors as frequently screaming at the child, calling the child insulting names, excessively criticizing or generally ignoring the child. Neglect usually refers to a gross lack of proper supervision and physical care.
Youth in contemporary society are at increased risk for a number of negative outcomes, including academic 3 underachievement, substance misuse, aggression, and criminal delinquency (Bowman, Prelow & Weaver, 2007).

(Loeber R, Stathamer-Weber M. Family factors as correlates and predictors of julvenile conduct problems and delinquency. In: Morris N, Tonry M, editors. Crime and justice: An annual review of research, Vol7. Chicago IL: University of Chicago Press; 1986.)
(Pepler DJ, Slaby RG. Theoretical and development perspective on youth and violence. In: Eron LD, Gentry JH, Schleges P, editors. Reason to hope: A psychological perspective on violence and youth.Washington DC: American Psychological Association; 1994.)
(Farrington DP, Hawkins JD. Predicting participation, early onset and later persistence in officially recorded offending. Crim Behav Mental Health. 1991;1:1–33.)
(Loeber R, Dishiom T. Early predictors of male delinquency: A review. Psychol Bull. 1983;94:68–99.)

Your turn.
The OC

Herndon, PA

#40 Dec 26, 2012
THE FACTS wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision to act violently might be a quick one but the violent behavior is usually not irrational or uncontrollable. The family background, in particular poverty, single-parent homes (broken homes), couples at the lower end of socio economic status spectrum having the highest divorce rates have been implicated to support antisocial behavior in their children by inadvertently reinforcing such behaviors.(Patterson GR. Coercive family practices. Engene, OR: Costalia Press; 1982.)
Flynn concludes in his review that:‘a stable secure and mutually supportive family is exceedingly important in delinquency prevention!(Flynn EE. Crime as a major social issue. Am Behav Sci. 1983;27:7–42.)
Loeber and Stalthamer[ as well as Pepler and Slaby have observed that lack of parental supervision as a strong predictor of serious, violent delinquency.
Farrington reports a lack of parent-child involvement and parental rejection as strong predictors of serious delinquency. Emotional abuse and neglect may play an even more critical role in the development of delinquency than does physical punishment. Emotional abuse includes such behaviors as frequently screaming at the child, calling the child insulting names, excessively criticizing or generally ignoring the child. Neglect usually refers to a gross lack of proper supervision and physical care.
Youth in contemporary society are at increased risk for a number of negative outcomes, including academic 3 underachievement, substance misuse, aggression, and criminal delinquency (Bowman, Prelow & Weaver, 2007).
(Loeber R, Stathamer-Weber M. Family factors as correlates and predictors of julvenile conduct problems and delinquency. In: Morris N, Tonry M, editors. Crime and justice: An annual review of research, Vol7. Chicago IL: University of Chicago Press; 1986.)
(Pepler DJ, Slaby RG. Theoretical and development perspective on youth and violence. In: Eron LD, Gentry JH, Schleges P, editors. Reason to hope: A psychological perspective on violence and youth.Washington DC: American Psychological Association; 1994.)
(Farrington DP, Hawkins JD. Predicting participation, early onset and later persistence in officially recorded offending. Crim Behav Mental Health. 1991;1:1–33.)
(Loeber R, Dishiom T. Early predictors of male delinquency: A review. Psychol Bull. 1983;94:68–99.)
Your turn.
Definitely one of the Bobsy Twins. Not sure which one, probably the unelectable one. This is their standard attack. Copy and paste, nothing original. Much like his failed attempts here in St Mary's politics, boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Healthcare thoughts 2 min bob 61
CPA? Beat a woman? No problem 41 min tommy w 152
Nuke deal the worst or is it make up yalls minds 2 hr chucksmga 2
Boil water alert 3 hr anon 5
The Most Corrupt City/County/State 13 hr randomness 12
New to the area 13 hr -Buzzard- 85
Why They Hate Him 17 hr tommy w 11

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance