Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

As usual, her writings are full of half truths and out right lies. But to find you following her surprises me. I thought you were above her.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Could you perhaps copy and paste the half truths and out right lies from the article? Oh, and please be sure to identify which they are becuase I missed them when I read it and I would probably be confused without your help. Thank you.

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Cory wrote:
As usual, her writings are full of half truths and out right lies. But to find you following her surprises me. I thought you were above her.
It seems the half-truths and lies are in Mother Jones magazine.

The truth is plain to see, more guns in the hands of good people results in less crime.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Cory - the only thing I hear is the crickets chirping!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

"The truth is plain to see, more guns in the hands of good people results in less crime."

All of your 'bumper sticker philosophy' goes out the window the first time you go to a call and you're on the business end of a 'home defense weapon'. If you want to carry one take the oath or enlist.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Dr_Lecter wrote:
"The truth is plain to see, more guns in the hands of good people results in less crime."
All of your 'bumper sticker philosophy' goes out the window the first time you go to a call and you're on the business end of a 'home defense weapon'. If you want to carry one take the oath or enlist.
When seconds count the police are minutes away!

When our government can afford to station a policemen/deputy in or near our driveway I will say the government can have all weapons!

Finally Lecter, you are being paid to do a job. If the compensation isn't worth the risk, get out of the business!
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Lecter, check out this website.

http://www.riskmanagementmonitor.com/the-10-m...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Hmmm. Now what would make my job less dangerous?

For the record, I don't object to the owning of these weapons, I take issue with argument of there purpose. Be honest, why do you want to own a high powered, high capacity firearm? I think they're cool and fun to shoot. It's not to defend my family, and if they are banned tomorrow it wouldn't hurt my feelings or infringe on my second amendment right. And no one want all your weapons except for those on the extreme fringe.

Check out the website: http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms...
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

I prefer the Mossberg, strictly because of the position of the safety.

At one time, the Feds had a program of aggressively enforcing the law prohibiting felons in possession of a firearm. They partnered with the locals, and if a felon was arrested for say, spitting on the sidewalk, and possession of a firearm, they would prosecute the firearm charges, with a guaranteed trip to Club Fed for 3-5 years. Haven't heard much about it lately. Does anybody know if they still do that?

Seemed like a pretty good idea to me, it targets one group we all agree shouldn't have any firearms of any type.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

LECTER I on 2 AR-15 and 2 clips each and the reason that I own them and I cant tell you how many rounds my daughter and son have shot. They both know how to load and had thought of locking them up as my uncle did his.
He locked his guns up and 4 days later with my neice at home a person on drugs broke in and thank the lord he only wanted things to sell and money
YES she called 911 and they got there in 9 min. but if had been a rapist or a killer what could of happened in those 9 min.?

today his long guns are in a gun safe but he has a 9mm that she can get to.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

In 2012, there were over 3100 abortions committed DAILY. Between 2008 & 2011, there were 510 people killed by guns.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Lecter, you asked "Be honest, why do you want to own a high powered, high capacity firearm?"

Since this is the USA I ask you this question. Where in the constitution does it say I have to have a reason to own a high powered, high capacity weapon?
Rickey

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

THE FACTS wrote:
In 2012, there were over 3100 abortions committed DAILY. Between 2008 & 2011, there were 510 people killed by guns.
There is no way only 510 people were killed by guns. Hell there are over 500 a year in New York alone. What dumbass uses this for facts?

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Dr_Lecter wrote:
The only reason for a LEO is on the business end of a 'home defense' weapon is for the LEO to be doing something he shouldn't.

The 2nd Amendment says nothing about want, need, or oath. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand. It is a great shame the framers did not use the same language for both the 1st and 2nd Amendments.
Tea Drinker

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

THE FACTS wrote:
This is an outright lie. How dare you trivialize the shooting deaths in America. You show your ignorance of the facts by listening to talk radio. I heard the same facts spewed by Ann Coulter and she is just as wrong as you are. Do your homework. God I hope your not a teacher.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

@Red - I just ask the question as to why someone feel the NEED to have one? I know it's a right, but why else. It's also your right to vote, but do you vote in every election?(Most don't)

@LonePalm - I don't understand your comment. "The only reason for a LEO is on the business end of a 'home defense' weapon is for the LEO to be doing something he shouldn't."

Are you saying that when an officer/fireman respond to a call and are fired at, that they are doing something wrong? And I do understand 'infringed', I struggle with it everyday, I am just worried that WE (including you) aren't doing enough to ensure these tools aren't continuing to be misused.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Simplistic dolt wrote:
I prefer the Mossberg, strictly because of the position of the safety.
At one time, the Feds had a program of aggressively enforcing the law prohibiting felons in possession of a firearm. They partnered with the locals, and if a felon was arrested for say, spitting on the sidewalk, and possession of a firearm, they would prosecute the firearm charges, with a guaranteed trip to Club Fed for 3-5 years. Haven't heard much about it lately. Does anybody know if they still do that?
Seemed like a pretty good idea to me, it targets one group we all agree shouldn't have any firearms of any type.
Prohibited Persons
The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits certain people from possessing a firearm. The possession of any firearm by one of these "prohibited persons" is a felony offense. It is also a felony for any person, including a registered Federal Firearms Licensee to sell or otherwise transfer any firearm to a person knowing or having "reasonable cause" to believe that the person receiving the firearm is prohibited from firearm possession. There are nine categories of persons prohibited from possessing firearms under the Gun Control Act:

Persons under indictment for, or convicted of, any crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding on year;
Fugitives from justice;
Persons who are unlawful users of, or addicted to, any controlled substance;
Persons who have been declared by a court as mental defectives or have been committed to a mental institution;
Illegal aliens, or aliens who were admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
Persons who have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces;
Persons who have renounced their United States citizenship;
Persons subject to certain types of restraining orders; and
Persons who have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Tea Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an outright lie. How dare you trivialize the shooting deaths in America. You show your ignorance of the facts by listening to talk radio. I heard the same facts spewed by Ann Coulter and she is just as wrong as you are. Do your homework. God I hope your not a teacher.
Here is another strong correlation to the data: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/FIREARM_DEA... In 2010, the most recent year for which detailed Centers for Disease Control data is available, 129 people between the ages of 1 and 19 died in gun accidents. Another 749 took their own lives using a firearm, most of which were owned by a parent. Nothing compared to abortion deaths. Just remember, whether we like it or not, the 14th Amendment protects citizens to have the right to an abortion and the 2nd Amendment allows the citizens to keep and bear arms...both CHOICES are protected under the Constitution. We do not live Utopia. Utopianism should not substitute for constitutionalism. Yes, I am an educator. Do something about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Woodbine Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Woodbine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••