Should people that pay no taxes be allowed to vote?

Created by Poll Taker on Dec 22, 2012

52 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1 Dec 22, 2012
Yes, but how about a play on Lani Guinniere's "proportioal voting?

If you pay no taxes, your vote counts as vote.

I you are in bottom marginal tax bracket, it counts as 2 votes. Next bracket up, 3 votes, and so on.

Short of a class based civil war, that may be the only way to save and revive America.

If not one of the two, I see no way to avoid the premise of Atlas Shrugged becoming America's new reality.

If you have an alternative idea how to stop the march to socialsm, economic decline, scarcity, famine, anarchy, military defeat, occupation, and tyranny in that order, I would sure like to hear it.
George

Lake Butler, FL

#2 Dec 22, 2012
No High School diploma, no Honorable service in the US Miliary, Felony conviction( non-reinstateable), No proof of Identification and residense. = No Vote. I would even support a piss test requirement.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Dec 22, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
Yes, but how about a play on Lani Guinniere's "proportioal voting?
If you pay no taxes, your vote counts as vote.
I you are in bottom marginal tax bracket, it counts as 2 votes. Next bracket up, 3 votes, and so on.
Short of a class based civil war, that may be the only way to save and revive America.
If not one of the two, I see no way to avoid the premise of Atlas Shrugged becoming America's new reality.
If you have an alternative idea how to stop the march to socialsm, economic decline, scarcity, famine, anarchy, military defeat, occupation, and tyranny in that order, I would sure like to hear it.
First off, how many votes do you think you would get? You "suck off the government test", produce nothing viable, contribute in no meaningful way to the good of society, and most of your "news" is merely cut and paste from somewhere else so you have no original thought. Do you postulate your point above as a way to somehow endear yourself to people who have succeeded in life so they may consider dragging you along? Get real Morono you are nothing more ten a boil on the ass of humanity. Nothig more, nothing less with no meaningful reason for exisitence.
Democratic Idiot

Kingsland, GA

#4 Dec 22, 2012
I pay no tax because I have no job. I have no job because of eight years of Bush. Now its been four going on five years with Obama who understands my vote is worth as much as any of you hard working fools. I now have a new job and that job is to vote!!
on the take

Dornsife, PA

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Democratic Idiot wrote:
I pay no tax because I have no job. I have no job because of eight years of Bush. Now its been four going on five years with Obama who understands my vote is worth as much as any of you hard working fools. I now have a new job and that job is to vote!!
BLAME BUSH!!!!
how long did ya blame carter for 20% intrest rates, gas shortages,ect
Democratic Idiot

Kingsland, GA

#6 Dec 22, 2012
That crook Nixon and his stumbling sidekick Ford gave us a can of worms. Jimmy gave us Kingsbay so you workers can help us not so fortunate.
anon

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Ilae the mess our country is in on the revolutionishts of the 1770's! If they would have left well enough alone we would be part of the great British Empire.
watsamattau

Pontotoc, MS

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Several years ago there was a vote to rise property taxes for the schools.Everyone that rented,and lived in government housing was there to raise my property taxes.It didn't cost them anything to raise the taxes because they paid none.Just saying.Wonder how they would have voted if it was a sales tax increase.
Landlord

Kingsland, GA

#9 Dec 22, 2012
watsamattau wrote:
Several years ago there was a vote to rise property taxes for the schools.Everyone that rented,and lived in government housing was there to raise my property taxes.It didn't cost them anything to raise the taxes because they paid none.Just saying.Wonder how they would have voted if it was a sales tax increase.
Yes they do pay. My tax goes up so I jack up the rent. Very few if any are registered to vote who live in navy housing.

Sales tax revenue is a windfall for tax and spend politicians. Look at St. Marys they have the green light to pay down the W/S debt. with SPLOST 7 and yet they still have a list of special interest projects as long as your arm.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

#10 Dec 22, 2012
Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do pay. My tax goes up so I jack up the rent. Very few if any are registered to vote who live in navy housing.
Sales tax revenue is a windfall for tax and spend politicians. Look at St. Marys they have the green light to pay down the W/S debt. with SPLOST 7 and yet they still have a list of special interest projects as long as your arm.
thats is why we need to vote NO on SPLOST 7
Isaid from the start it would be nothing but extra money to spend
Anon

Woodbine, GA

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
Yes, but how about a play on Lani Guinniere's "proportioal voting?
If you pay no taxes, your vote counts as vote.
I you are in bottom marginal tax bracket, it counts as 2 votes. Next bracket up, 3 votes, and so on.
Short of a class based civil war, that may be the only way to save and revive America.
If not one of the two, I see no way to avoid the premise of Atlas Shrugged becoming America's new reality.
If you have an alternative idea how to stop the march to socialsm, economic decline, scarcity, famine, anarchy, military defeat, occupation, and tyranny in that order, I would sure like to hear it.
And prospective voters must be of sound and fit mind and body, right Jay?

I mean if you can't run 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes, you're a slacker and sure as hell shouldn't be voting.

I mean fair is fair and right is right. Screw those that failed to maintain their mental and physical health. They don't deserve to be call citizens, much less vote on matters affecting you and me.
Rickey

Dornsife, PA

#12 Dec 22, 2012
What about sales tax? By far most people pay way more in sales tax than they do in income tax. Come on Jay, you can do better than this.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Rickey wrote:
What about sales tax? By far most people pay way more in sales tax than they do in income tax. Come on Jay, you can do better than this.
thats because 50% of people pay taxes with all the tax cuts I say go to a flat tax and do away with income tax.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#14 Dec 22, 2012
Rickey wrote:
What about sales tax? By far most people pay way more in sales tax than they do in income tax. Come on Jay, you can do better than this.
Yes, those folks who pay no income tax but pay sales taxes and/or
property taxes (such as I do) would get one vote. That is to say that their vote for any candidate or on any issue would count as one vote.

Folks paying the federal taxes in the lowest bracket would have their votes count as two votes, next to lowest bracket, three votes, and so on.

I mean, if we think it is okay to charge folks a higher tax rate because the earn more, why are we so shocked at the idea of giving those people a say in the government more proportionate to their tax rate?

Short of civil war, that may well be America's only chance not to
be destroyed by exactly the process that Tocqueville observed would happen when unproductive people realized they could steal more productive peoples' money through government redistribution programs passed by unscrupulous politicians as the quid pro quo for their bloc vote.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#15 Dec 22, 2012
A return to a Feudalism System. You sir are a complete idiot. King A-Hole and his merry.....dog.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#16 Dec 23, 2012
And what sort of system do you see us heading to if we maintain the present system?

Since: Oct 12

Seals

#17 Dec 23, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
And what sort of system do you see us heading to if we maintain the present system?
Yes, what kind of system?
watsamattau

Pontotoc, MS

#18 Dec 23, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
And what sort of system do you see us heading to if we maintain the present system?
It will probably be anarchy.

Since: Oct 12

Seals

#19 Mar 2, 2013
About 47% of the voters paid no taxes according to the Tax Policy Center. Researchers found that about half of the group is basically exempt from federal income taxes because they are low income and also may have a large family.
Huh

Kingsland, GA

#20 Mar 2, 2013
watsamattau wrote:
<quoted text>It will probably be anarchy.
We are almost there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Intracoastal Gateway Property has been sold 24 min Jorge 13
Bush and Bush together again 29 min Angie 8
Black lives matter 34 min Jorge 4
Thinking of relocating to St Marys 40 min JWB 5
Religious discrimination bills are DEAD 1 hr Anon 34
MORENO: what does the word "WHIGGER" mean??? 1 hr georgia lady 166
2 JDA members resign - UNEXPECTENTLY 1 hr GOBS 6
More from around the web

Woodbine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]