Who owns the old Mill property these ...

Who owns the old Mill property these days ?

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

Tax Hog

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Who owns the property. Things as going wrong over on the property.
Tax Hog

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Latest word is they want to put a metal salvage yard over on the mill site. We go from space nettle to hotels and now metal salvage yard this being the worst of the schemes.

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Jan 10, 2013
let me no when you find out.

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2013
miami wrote:
let me no when you find out.
Know, I will not let you no when I find out.
Gary Kleck

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Jan 11, 2013
Who ever it is, may be in for a surprise.

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Jan 11, 2013
No effort is being made to stop the huge well leak out on the old mill site.
on the take

Herndon, PA

#7 Jan 11, 2013
right now a parent companyof landmar are the owners but they have file BK also where a different sister company can pull the wool further over the citys eyes and buy at a more redused price.Then screw the former millworkers,have lifted all building city building codes.Then resale to a company for a huge profit screw the taxpayer,former workers and the city
Bankruptcy Attorney

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Jan 11, 2013
ST. MARYS - The bankruptcy court trustee managing the Durango-Georgia Paper Co. site is asking creditors to approve a motion in U.S. Bankruptcy Court to transfer ownership.

The proposal, if approved, would allow North River LLC, a subsidiary of Jacksonville-based LandMar Group, to transfer ownership to Old Weed & Ready Plantation LLC, a company created by the bankruptcy trustee and debtors.

North River, which paid nearly $40 million for the 750-acre site in St. Marys at a bankruptcy auction in 2005, planned to demolish the paper mill and build an upscale 2,200 home residential community. But the housing market crashed and the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year after defaulting on its quarterly payments to purchase the property.

According to court documents, the proposed agreement would allow Old Weed & Ready to apply for brownfield protection. Approval would enable a new owner to apply for federal and state help to clean up the former industrial site. Without it, the site would be virtually unmarketable, according to court documents.

"As a subsidiary of the bankruptcy estate, the mission of Weed & Ready is to preserve the site until it can be resold in order to provide funds for payment of claims of the remaining creditors of the Durango-Georgia Paper Co.," the trustee,Ward Stone & Michael Newsom, wrote.

Approval would mean the demolition - which is 90 percent complete - will be completed and the environmental cleanup can begin.

"Weed & Ready, by and through its sole member, the bankruptcy estate, has assets sufficient to continue maintenance and monitoring the site and continue demolition and some remediation," according to the motion.

If approved, it's more than likely that the mill site will be sold in smaller parcels to different buyers. The trustee's obligation is to maximize the value of the estate and make decisions in the best interest of those still owed money since the paper mill closed in 2002, costing more than 900 employees their jobs.

Dozens of other creditors, including independent contractors, log truck drivers, CSX Transportation and vendors, are still waiting for money.

Jim Stein, a St. Marys lawyer representing many creditors, said his clients have expressed support for the proposal.

"Everyone I've talked to said they are going to allow the trustee to go forward with the plan," he said. "All it means is they are trying to resolve some disputes with creditors. It's an effort to do something with the property."

But Stein said former employees - some of whom are owed more than $50,000 in vacation, severance pay and other benefits - should not expect a check in the mail anytime soon.

"If they receive anything of consequence, I'll be shocked," he said. "I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel that will be significant."

St. Marys City Council member Sidney Howell, a former mill employee, said he is still owed more than $29,000 in severance and vacation pay.

"I'm not expecting any more money," Howell said. "If I get anything, it'll be a bonus."
According to Tax Records

Dornsife, PA

#9 Jan 11, 2013
According to Tax Records

Dornsife, PA

#10 Jan 11, 2013
A J Crews 7

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Time to tighten up this ass, turn them in to these government agencies that is looking for CASH that money should have come to us workers.
on the take

Herndon, PA

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Ya exworkers are screwed
A J Crews 7

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Jan 13, 2013
The time has come to get rid of the rats and snakes on the old mill site. Call the owners of the property. Anyone got a phone numbers on these clowns ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Too bad Republicans don't listen 5 hr Larry 3
Local Opposed Election Predictions 5 hr Mockingbird 35
In St Marys. 6 hr Jorge 7
Jill Helton, Democrat 6 hr Jorge 2
Today's paper 6 hr Mockingbird 118
Candidate Comparisons 8 hr Captain B 8
think about it 8 hr laurel 1

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance