City plans to raise your property tax...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Al Pope

Saint Marys, GA

#22 Jan 10, 2013
The only hope is to develop the untapped resource the water front at the end of Point Peter for a deep water port. Without jobs this place is doomed to becoming a full blown slum.

Cumberland Harbor will never get off the ground for a housing development having to drive through a full blown slum to get to the development will not cut it.

Face it, develop the port or become a full blown slum the choice is yours.

DeLoughy and gang do not know how to fix it. He should by all rights resign along with most of the council.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#23 Jan 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess: You are also a vocal opponent of SPLOST VII, right?
SPLOST is DEAD.

The city has finally come to the realization that new developments will not be saving the city.

Looking at shrinking and consolidating services is the right road to be on.
Jean Traitre

Saint Marys, GA

#24 Jan 10, 2013
Then slum it shall be. This bunch around here are waiting for Mr. Gilman to tell them what to do.
Jean Traitre

Saint Marys, GA

#25 Jan 10, 2013
Folks he is not coming back !
You are own your own and if you get up it will by by your efforts and that alone.

Since: Dec 11

Dornsife, PA

#26 Jan 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
SPLOST is DEAD.
The city has finally come to the realization that new developments will not be saving the city.
Looking at shrinking and consolidating services is the right road to be on.
The people are not stupid. The city was not truthful with the people of Gaines Davis. It is not likely that any other areas of potential annexation will fall for their sales pitch.

I have a friend who lives at Elliott's Plantation, she said it will be a cold day before the city takes them in. They have actually had meetings to organize against such a move.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#27 Jan 10, 2013
Nan-zilla wrote:
<quoted text>
The people are not stupid. The city was not truthful with the people of Gaines Davis. It is not likely that any other areas of potential annexation will fall for their sales pitch.
I have a friend who lives at Elliott's Plantation, she said it will be a cold day before the city takes them in. They have actually had meetings to organize against such a move.
If you liked him or hated him Steve Berry saved Elliott's from annexation.
Anonnie

Saint Marys, GA

#28 Jan 10, 2013
Glad to see the folks in Elliot's organize like that.

If SPLOST does not pass, you can bet the police dissolution will happen and you can count on property taxes going up by 51%. And water bills will increase by 60%.

If SPLOST does pass, taxes and water fees will still go up. Taxes are will go up 51% and water will go up by 35%. Police may or may not get dissolved.

Either way folks...we're screwed and we are gonna pay.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#29 Jan 10, 2013
Anonnie wrote:
Glad to see the folks in Elliot's organize like that.
If SPLOST does not pass, you can bet the police dissolution will happen and you can count on property taxes going up by 51%. And water bills will increase by 60%.
If SPLOST does pass, taxes and water fees will still go up. Taxes are will go up 51% and water will go up by 35%. Police may or may not get dissolved.
Either way folks...we're screwed and we are gonna pay.
Next time try working with real numbers in reaching your conclusion.
Jean Traitre

Saint Marys, GA

#30 Jan 10, 2013
City of St. Marys plan to raise taxes will bite them in the pocketbook. As the buildings rot and the roofs continue to cave in, Rats will continue to invest the area as it has the old mill site. Soon they will bite people and some kind of health issue will start from the rats or the droppings they leave.

Damn, you got to hand it to DeLoughy he knows how ruin a small South Georgia town. All because of greed and back room deals and pay offs.
on the take

Herndon, PA

#31 Jan 10, 2013
Here is hat going to happen the council is going to say if SPLOST does not pass they are going to have to raise mill rate and water billsW. After they scare ya into voting to pass it,they will see they got that next shot of spending.Then will raise both for their next Coastal Construction pet projects.We will be stuck with higher sales tax,millage rates and waer bills.

I'm telling ya we better put several in there that knows how to cut spending.
Anonnie

Saint Marys, GA

#32 Jan 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time try working with real numbers in reaching your conclusion.
I did. I am looking at the numbers from the utility meetings...did you attend? I did. And we are screwed.
Anonnie

Saint Marys, GA

#33 Jan 10, 2013
on the take wrote:
Here is hat going to happen the council is going to say if SPLOST does not pass they are going to have to raise mill rate and water billsW. After they scare ya into voting to pass it,they will see they got that next shot of spending.Then will raise both for their next Coastal Construction pet projects.We will be stuck with higher sales tax,millage rates and waer bills.
I'm telling ya we better put several in there that knows how to cut spending.
As long as Osprey Cove votes everyone down, they will continue to vote in Northern Liberal ass clowns.
on the take

Herndon, PA

#34 Jan 10, 2013
Anonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as Osprey Cove votes everyone down, they will continue to vote in Northern Liberal ass clowns.
I agree but you cant say osprey cove has more votes than the rest of the city. we judt need to show up to vote and not let them throw 1 ass clown in there to split the votes the way they did last time with post 5
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#35 Jan 10, 2013
i am still looking for the tourist. i have been looking for the tourist since 1982.i think all thay are used for is an excuse for more realty sales.this is why i spend my money in fla. the gillman boat house dock was a waste.that s ok i see bankruptcy coming. the bad thing is when that happens fire rescue and police all go to minim wadge. as for taxes let them go up . i will be moving to a real tourist town .
Telling it like it is

Woodbine, GA

#36 Jan 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he did stalk me in Walmart one night. Fortunately, he decided to call off his intended sneak attack from behind. And yes, I did see you coming up behind me in the soup aisle and then again while you were over in the bakery area wrestling with your decision to attack or not to attack. Good decision.
You ignorant turd. Nobody wants to attack you. You are so paranoid! Nobody could give a rats ass about you. Why would anyone want to attack you? GEEZ! Everyone I know that knows you think you're a damn joke. The conversations I have been in recently where your name was brought up,everyone in the conversation just laughed. Even your buddy Stein.
zontormasterof1

United States

#37 Jan 11, 2013
miami wrote:
i am still looking for the tourist. i have been looking for the tourist since 1982.i think all thay are used for is an excuse for more realty sales.this is why i spend my money in fla. the gillman boat house dock was a waste.that s ok i see bankruptcy coming. the bad thing is when that happens fire rescue and police all go to minim wadge. as for taxes let them go up . i will be moving to a real tourist town .
Those in charge in st marys and kingsland need to realize that they need to:

1. realistically balance services based on evaluation of current revenues and expenses along with realistic projections, not pipedreams sold by devlopers or real estate types.

2. stop wasting time and money on airport/spaceport projects; wanna fly; go to Jax. there is no need for an airport or "spaceport" here and those that claim otherwise are simply looking to line thier own pockets with development money and then walk away.

3. Be o.k with what st marys/kings are and deal with the balance sheet we have rather than some wishful thinking, we are not the orlando of the future nor will we ever be even a st simons, we are a small town and balancing the books should not be as hard as our "leaders" have made it. Consolidation of services with the county is not a bad idea if it does not result in reduced services.

4. negotiate an adjustment to the debt incurred in the water dept nonsense so the burden is spread out.$70-$100 water bills are ridiculous; people from out of town laugh when I tell them about our water bills and say they would NEVER live in a place with that type of mis-management.
zontormasterof1

United States

#38 Jan 11, 2013
p.s Osprey cove is a symbol of what is wrong here; a gnat infested marsh sold as an upscale gated community and catered to by local government because they are "sure" big bucks are gonna flow. Con artist all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ted Koppel smacked Sean Hannity to his face 4 hr Buffalo Bob 5
Salt, Pepper, and Thyme 5 hr Anon 13
1 out of 3 days at a Trump property 6 hr June 6
A Black savage identification course for Liberals (Jul '14) 9 hr Jorge 306
RINO's Lied Again 14 hr patooey 8
Trumpcare DOA? 19 hr Really 17
The Right Way To Promote Tourism (Mar '13) Sat Jorge 38

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance