Who would be the best future Mayor for St. Marys?

Created by Galloping Pollster on Jan 24, 2013

343 votes

Click on an option to vote

Deborah Hase

Chuck Trader

Tom Cyphers

John Morrissey

Greg Bird

Keith Post

Sidney Howell

Jim Gant

Nancy Stasinis

Jay Moreno

Anon

Herndon, PA

#82 Feb 5, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
P.S.,
No citizen needs an "invitation" to attend ANY meeting of any committee, you lying fool. I was "invited" (read "challenged") on this forum by Kearns to attend that meeting. When I accepted the chasllenge, she and her two Commi-Lib buddies set up the ambush.
Kearns was not chair of the committee and you were invited by the chairperson. The invitation was extended as a courtesy because you expressed an interest in the committee. Certainly no one expected you to fool and disrupt the meeting.

You keep referring to two adversaries who supposedly "ambushed" you. To whom are you referring?
Schoolmarm

Herndon, PA

#83 Feb 5, 2013
"relatihng"...... "chasllenge".......c alm down Julian.

Don't get your Depends in a bunch.
poll watcher

Herndon, PA

#84 Feb 5, 2013
My Gawd, Moreno is about to take over second place.
Anon

Herndon, PA

#85 Feb 5, 2013
Kearns was not chair of the committee and you were invited by the chairperson. The invitation was extended as a courtesy because you expressed an interest in the committee. Certainly no one expected you to ACT LIKE A fool and disrupt the meeting.

You keep referring to two adversaries who supposedly "ambushed" you. To whom are you referring?
Spl Chk

Saint Marys, GA

#86 Feb 5, 2013
poll watcher wrote:
My Gawd, Moreno is about to take over second place.
That's because the sad sack keeps voting for himself. It's like posting a map to his house (on another thread). The demented idiot is lonely.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#87 Feb 5, 2013
No, actually, I'm not but I fully understand the motivation of whoever is. Nice try. I say again: I'm not running for any office before I finish my next degree (in Public Administration.)
Imagine

Saint Marys, GA

#88 Feb 5, 2013
the cost of making the city council bench ADA compliant for the old curmudgeon.
winky

Herndon, PA

#89 Feb 5, 2013
Julian will rule before it is over.
Bob

Saint Marys, GA

#90 Feb 5, 2013
The only thing he will rule is a bigger fatass wheel chair as he gets bigger......
Truth is

United States

#91 Feb 5, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
No, actually, I'm not but I fully understand the motivation of whoever is. Nice try. I say again: I'm not running for any office before I finish my next degree (in Public Administration.)
Jay where are you getting your MPA?

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#92 Feb 6, 2013
I'm not - yet. The woman who was the head of the Public Admin Dept., up through the doctoral level at VSU, Mary Eleanor Wickersham, D.P.A., is now head of the brand-new (as of last semester)Public Admin department at College of Coastal Georgia. So far, they offer one of the very few bachelor's degrees in P.A. in this part of the country. Excellent curriculum is virtually identical to the MPA program at VSU, according to Dr. Wickersham.

For those who don't know, the overwhelming majority of students who earn an MPA already have bachelor's degrees in some other field, go to work for a government agency, decide they like it, then get an MPA. Bachelor's programs in P.A. are a relatively new phenomenon and still fairly rare. Once you've earned a B.P.A. an M.P.A. is rather redundant.

It puts me in mind of when I completed my post-baccalaureate teacher certification program at AASU. In many cases, the upper division courses were combined undergrad/grad courses. Believe it or not, the only thing the masters candidates did differently than we undergrads was they had to write one more term paper than we did for exactly the same course they took with us using the same syllabus.

For all of those county employees who are always bitching about their low pay relative to Steve and his "harem," this is an excellent opportunity to put up or shut up. Ditto for city employees. You can do virtually all of the lower division prerequisites at the Camden campus, then commute to Brunswick for the upper division courses, as I am. I'll be one of the first graduates of the program in 2014.

I'll post this then find and post a link to the curriculum from the college website.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#93 Feb 6, 2013
Here's the link. Note that if you click on the blue course designations, you will be taken to the catalogue course descriptions.

Don't forget: if you are a Georgia resident 62 or over, tuition ot this or any program in the Georgia university system is free.

http://www.ccga.edu/Catalog/2012/programview....

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

#94 Feb 6, 2013
By the way, all I have left to knock out is the courses beow where it reads "Junior and Senior Required Common Core Curriculum."

I've already knocked out a half dozen or so.

I'm especially enjoying Aministrative Law this semester. It is taught by a Marine and attorney who is the top legal eagle for FLETC, Bryan Lemons. Excellent instructor. BTW, he earned his MPA at VSU from Dr. Wickersham about the same time David Keating earned his there.

This is a great opportunity for Camden to finally employ G.O.B's in local government who actually know what in the hell they're doing rather than a relative already on the payroll. Ditto for appropriately educated G.O.B. candidates for the future.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#95 Feb 6, 2013
Any jackass that can fog a mirror would be better than Deloughy. It is time for some drastic change and this would be as drastic as possible. It is crashing and burning so why not contribute. For certain Jay could fit in with that. He has my vote. To hell with all of them and this is the way to follow through on that.
BOE anon

Dornsife, PA

#96 Feb 6, 2013
Julian,

This is your golden opportunity to show those evil SOBs at the BOE that they made a terrible mistake by not hiring you to shape the young minds of Camden County.

You can throw your hat in the ring for the Mayor's seat (St. Marys) this November. Let the people decide if you should be their leader.

You must admit, it would be a huge poke in the eye of the BOE members who would not support your hire.

Come on Jay, The poll shows that you stand a better chance than even Chuck Trader. You can do it, Jay. Being Mayor and finishing your MPA would be a piece of cake for you.

Think of how you would feel when you got up to address the class and you could say, "I'm the Mayor of St. Marys".

This is morning wood material.
miami

Enfield, IL

#97 Feb 6, 2013
I would vote for Jay before Burt Guy
BOE anon

Dornsife, PA

#98 Feb 6, 2013
miami wrote:
I would vote for Jay before Burt Guy
in fact i wuld vote for jay befor anyone on the list
NavyEagle

Saint Marys, GA

#99 Feb 6, 2013
Jay, you do realize that you're just the "butt" of jokes again here, right? But I agree - please run for Mayor. We really need the entertainment!
Gastronomy

Saint Marys, GA

#100 Feb 7, 2013
Tell me, my good man, he would shriek down the table at me with a comradely twinkle, tell me... explain to all of us, how one can dare to call himself a writer on gastronomy in the United States, where, from everything we hear gastronomy does not yet exist. Jay Moreno !
Moreno Jay

Dornsife, PA

#101 Feb 12, 2013
I am within 3 votes of winning this thing. I am asking all my supporters to come forth and show St. Marys that I CAN be your Mayor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Impressive! 31 min Teacher 1
St. Marys Election Prediction 1 hr anon 44
St.Marys Seafood - Breast Cancer Awareness 1 hr Rocky 3
Do not vote for Nunn 1 hr anon 6
Ethics? Moi? 1 hr anon 13
Bob has a problem 4 hr nancy 24
Research on "black gill" in shrimp. 6 hr anon 24
Woodbine Dating
Find my Match

Woodbine Jobs