Cumberland Harbor is like a tick suck...
Al Pope

Saint Marys, GA

#22 Jan 31, 2013
Hell, after all this time they only have 36 homes and one of them is under construction.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#23 Jan 31, 2013
Al Pope wrote:
Hell, after all this time they only have 36 homes and one of them is under construction.
Let's see, roughly 1000 building lots, they are building what, 4 a year? They should have the place built out in another two and a half centuries.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#24 Feb 1, 2013
Al Pope wrote:
I'll answer for Tommy Miller, interest on $45 Million Dollars.
I see.

So, it is your contention that the sewage treatment capacity was increased solely for the benefit of Cumberland Harbour.

I see.

And let me guess: Deloughey and Trader were paid huge bribes by the developer, right?
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#25 Feb 1, 2013
Cumberland Harbour was the driving force in building a 4 million gallon water/sewer plant.

The liability to the tax payers was brought to the attention of the City council by independent business professionals and was ignored.

Hase, Deloughey, Trader, and a handful of others were caught up in the speculation promises of the self-serving real estate cartel.

Table

Clayton, MI

#26 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
Cumberland Harbour was the driving force in building a 4 million gallon water/sewer plant.
The liability to the tax payers was brought to the attention of the City council by independent business professionals and was ignored.
Hase, Deloughey, Trader, and a handful of others were caught up in the speculation promises of the self-serving real estate cartel.
Actually, if I remember right, it was all the outstanding requests from developers to the EPA is what lead up to the expansion. The city had approved the lots to be built on but the EPA would not approve until there was enough sewage capacity. The city was at it's limit of poo, so they had to expand.
miami

Herndon, PA

#27 Feb 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
More like Saint Marys is sucking the life blood out of Cumberland Harbour. Saint Marys did not pay for the streets, water lines, or sewer lines. Cumberland Harbor paid for the fire station and the fire truck at the station at ZERO expense to the city or the County. This also gave everyone on Point Peter a huge discount on their insurance. If a street in the developmant needs repair Saint Marys will pay ZERO to repair it. Saint Marys and Camden County have sucked millions of $$ worth of property tax from the 900 people who own lots there. So explain to me how Cumberland Harbour is sucking Saint Marys dry.
without cumberland harbor the huge sewage tretment plant wudnt of been bilt.
Lean Forward

United States

#28 Feb 1, 2013
miami wrote:
<quoted text>
without cumberland harbor the huge sewage tretment plant wudnt of been bilt.
Well it has been "bilt." Now we must go forward with the best leaders in the city to help us manage the large debt.

Certainly we don't want to vote into office those with conflicts of interest, the ignorant and real estate cartel types. How about someone with knowledge and expertize in finance and management. Some diversity might help.

No more crooks and yahoos please.
Truth

Saint Marys, GA

#29 Feb 1, 2013
Table wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if I remember right, it was all the outstanding requests from developers to the EPA is what lead up to the expansion. The city had approved the lots to be built on but the EPA would not approve until there was enough sewage capacity. The city was at it's limit of poo, so they had to expand.
Actually, the projected amount was less than half. Could have been handled differently.

When the real estate bubbled burst hundreds of large developments went belly up. Only our precious city was left with a fully functional 4 million gal. plant with no customers but with one huge tax burden.

“It's comong.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#30 Feb 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So, it is your contention that the sewage treatment capacity was increased solely for the benefit of Cumberland Harbour.
I see.
And let me guess: Deloughey and Trader were paid huge bribes by the developer, right?
Would that need to increase treatment capacity happened, as soon, with no Cumberland Harbor?
Would that large increase happened as of today, if there was no Cumberland Harbor?
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#31 Feb 1, 2013
I'm going to assume my dad was right politics will make an honest man dishonest.
Like he said many years back if you hang around dishonest people you will start taking their ways.
So somehow we need to change every council and mayor.
Stop letting them just changing where they sit up there
Atavistic

Saint Marys, GA

#32 Feb 1, 2013
Bill DeLoughy, the man is a joke !

St. Marys, GA

#33 Feb 1, 2013
Lean Forward wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it has been "bilt." Now we must go forward with the best leaders in the city to help us manage the large debt.
Certainly we don't want to vote into office those with conflicts of interest, the ignorant and real estate cartel types. How about someone with knowledge and expertize in finance and management. Some diversity might help.
No more crooks and yahoos please.
Yes, that would be Mayor Chuck Trader.

Diversity? Do you mean of experiential backgrounds or race?
Diversity

United States

#34 Feb 1, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that would be Mayor Chuck Trader.
Diversity? Do you mean of experiential backgrounds or race?
Anybody but crooks and yahoos, we have enough of those in government.
Just helping

United States

#35 Feb 1, 2013
Tommy Miller obviously is behind on the times because Osprey Cove is not and has not been owned by Landmar for quite some time now. He needs to catch up on what's going on.
Just helping

United States

#36 Feb 1, 2013
Another thought. Just like any other profession, all teachers, plumbers, dog groomers and politicians are not the same and no one is right to throw them all in the same category. You are just as wrong as the the truly self serving politician to slap them all together as you are any of the above mentioned people and you are no better than they are.
Know some more

United States

#37 Feb 1, 2013
Beyond the 2 previous comments, those that keep referring to the "real estate cartel" are just flat out ignorant. There is no such thing as there is no such thing as the "Kennedy Twins" who pretend to liken themselves to the Kennedy brothers who dabble in politics.
Carl

Herndon, PA

#38 Feb 2, 2013
Wow there are some seriously uniformed individuals on this subject. Some of you are so off base you're not even in the ballpark. Sad !

St. Marys, GA

#39 Feb 2, 2013
expensive proposal wrote:
The problem with Cumberland Harbor is not with the city but with the company that held the bond guaranteeing the infrastructure would be built. They balked at their obligation because of their own financial problems. I believe the city would love to see the rest of the roads and other infrastructure built because property owners waiting to build would be able to do so. There has never been a discussion on a tax allocation district for Cumberland Harbor.
Exactly right but local Tea Party and Back-Row Buzzard nut-cases NEVER let the facts stand in the way of a good nut-job-rallying talking point.
Boortz

Herndon, PA

#40 Feb 2, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right but local Tea Party and Back-Row Buzzard nut-cases NEVER let the facts stand in the way of a good nut-job-rallying talking point.
If you remember back a little, "hole surrounded by a sphincter", the "amen corner" and "back row buzzards" were created in response to the derogatory comments of your former kissin cousin on council, Deborah (the skank) Hase.

Just to give you a little heads up, there is a group of responsible Camden County citizens that will petition the new Probate Court judge to rescind your CCP as soon as that judge is elected. They have a file folder full of your vicious threats and taunts from this very forum.

There is no bigger nut-job in this county than you.
We are special

Saint Marys, GA

#41 Feb 2, 2013
Following the 2008 National collapse of the real estate market can anyone site another example of a small community left holding a 45 million debt for a water/sewer plant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
-LYIN' Jorge 1 hr Jorge 13
Clownboy's first 100 days recap - and it's not ... 1 hr Just the Facts 2
Was the dog food poisoned, or not, Moreno? (Nov '14) 3 hr Jay 46
Karma strike watch list. 5 hr St Marys Native 48
Trump okay with NO wall money. Another loss. 5 hr Reelect Trump 6
Do anyone know where Ashley Hall Aka Nikki (Apr '14) 5 hr ISO 7
Ding dong the bells are back 19 hr LonePalm 5

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance